Elusive Target #26: THE FORGER (Year 4: 08 - 18 March 2024)

Dang it, now I realize I missed an opportunity to kill him with a proximity mine. Could be done by placing one behind the desk in the empty attic room where the target will be and a weapon just before it on his path to distract the bodyguard. Then I would wait at the escape to leave the area asap before the body found. I wonder if this would work as I imagine, but I already have completed it in a clean, but not exactly challenging way for such an easy ET.

2 Likes

I’ve done this mission yesterday with SA, but it was a very close call. I learnt (luckily, in a soft way) the “bug” with the sleeping snail bomb.
I use very safe strat for main ET missions. From ETA, I’ve seen that it’s possible to isolate the target in safe empty rooms. I’ve waited for him in an empty room (next to Sheikh’s room). With coins to distract the target, I’ve used the snail bomb to neutralize his bodyguard.
Next, I decided to hide the bodies in the nearby cupboard. And just two second after hiding the second body, a guard was entering the room, attracted by “nothing”. I made a big “pfiou”, a second later and goodbye my SA rating.

In fact, it turned out that the guard was attracted by the snail bomb. He went directly to the location of the bomb and strated an endless loop of grabing an invisible object. Didn’t know that kind of bug.

7 Likes

Goodbye to the Forger, the last ET of Year 2, but hopefully not the last one overall.

Because my progress for ETs this past year was… it was uhhhhh

UHHHH :sob: :sob: :sob: I might’ve got a little burnt out (and I didnt have easy access to my PS4 for the first quarter of the year…)
But Freelancer is gonna be a jolt of adrenaline for me, and to keep this game fresh and endless.

6 Likes

Now that Year 2 is over I really wish IOI would stop this limited time ET thing and just make them permanent additions to the game. They have other ways to make players regularly come back to H3, like the Arcade, Featured Contracts or the upcoming Freelancer.

10 Likes

And not some dumb “Year 3” bullshit. Just make every ET currently in that section replayable.

4 Likes

And bring back the goddamn Fixer! He’s not tied to any of that contract bullshit that’s keeping those other ones out.

6 Likes

If they remove the timed component, then yeah, no reason not to.

3 Likes

'Cause baby, you’re a firework
ezgif-5-9a2538ff71

14 Likes

I hope whoever still needs the Tuxedo with Gloves is able to get it in these next 10 days, cause there aren’t any other Paris ETs scheduled for the rest of Year 3 (maybe some Year 2 reactivations in December). Really weird given there’s 7 other Paris ETs, 6 of whom haven’t appeared as normal ETs at all in Hitman 3.

3 Likes

It was more or less the same in Y2, just the Broker among the first few ETs and the Forger among the last with nothing in between :x

3 Likes

Wanted to gun bait him to the docks and shoot him into the boat but he spotted me while I was knocking down his bodyguard, oh well (at least I know how the range detection for loud weapons works a little bit better now).

Also small rant here: the whole ‘each ET is separated into a year’ thing is so fucking lame, like why can’t I try louder and more high profile options wihout being punished for it if I already did him SA once.
It feels more like a chore doing them then a test of your skill and creativity.

7 Likes

This time he ended up puking in the toilet and 3 seconds later he had 3 SilverBaller bullets in his back. Got Silent Assassin rating as well! :wink::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Flying fire extinguisher kill or GTFO

4 Likes

Before I go on a thorough scouting run, does anyone know whether he ever eats or drinks something at any point? I’ve been thinking of getting him with either consumed poison or a lethal syringe, but would prefer to do the former.

6 Likes

There is/was a cup he drinks from in the room above the bar (I assume its still there). I specifically remember poisoning this drink the first time this ET went live in 2016, but then I got bored waiting for him to complete his loop to drink it again that I just blew him up with the Pale Duck instead of getting SA. :frowning:

2 Likes

Pants only :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Exactly how I wanted - a huge dangerous looking thing for the bodyguard and a charming little present for my Russian friend. Love using rather situational tools such as proximity explosives, just wish i could see it from a better perspective. They really should add some sort of surveillance micro camera for that purpose.

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to take him yet. I’ve been so sick this past week, I wouldn’t be able to focus enough to play anything. But I suspect I’ll be better before the run is over and when I do, I think I’ll actually forgo my initial policy of Y3 ETs as direct murders. When we last had this guy a few months ago, I already gave him the death I wanted to the first time he showed up and felt that I had never gotten right. So now, to assist the client (the wife who is away with an “excellent alibi “), I’ll just have a chandelier inexplicably come loose and tragically land on the target’s head.

1 Like

Feel better!!:face_with_thermometer::face_with_head_bandage::sneezing_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::mask:

2 Likes