Ranking Every Map In The HITMAN Trilogy

sorry I’m new to the website what does this mean?

We have a thread that is called like that where people post their unpopular opinions. And as a moderator I could in theory move posts there. The joke is that never really happens but rating The Source higher than World of Tomorrow is so unpopular, I could make an exception. :joy:

10 Likes

haha I’d love to see the reaction that would get

5 Likes
  1. Mendoza.

His ranking is irrelevant :rofl:

@Urben
Not only that, but ranking Landslide over World of Tomorrow is incredibly unpopular and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the only one who thought that. I grind through Landslide just to complete the mission/contract. The singing goes right through me.

I’d rate the Author over Landslide…. Because nighttime :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah, I’d do that too. It’s just a great celebration Map and also goddaman are there some juicy NPC Models there. Not only does it combine Sapienza and Paris NPC Models, but also Icon NPCs in the Form of the Awesome Local Security, Crowd NPC from Paris and Marrakesh, aswell as some Brand New NPC Models.

That’s also Part of the reason why I dislike the Author so much. It basically just has Sapienza Models minus most of the unique ones normally at the Beach. Also it only has Black Suit Guards, which are the most boring for sure. Atleast A House Built on Sand had all New Heads fitting there, so The Author just reuses from World of Tommorow.

8 Likes
  1. Paris
  2. Miami
  3. Hokkaido
  4. Mumbai
  5. Haven Island
  6. Santa Fortuna
  7. Sapienza
  8. Whittleton Creek
  9. Chongqing
  10. Dubai
  11. New York
  12. Dartmoor
  13. Berlin
  14. Bangkok
  15. Marrakesh
  16. Hawkes Bay
  17. Colorado
  18. Mendoza
  19. ICA Facility 2
  20. ICA Facility 1
  21. Carpathian Mountains
  22. Isle of Sgail

Seriously, fuck Isle of Sgail.

I like how Mendoza is almost at the bottom.

But why isn’t Berlin higher and why hate Sgail so much? Too vertical?

I think we need a new poll as maps grow on you or go the other way lol.

6 Likes

Berlin is where it is because the only enjoyable parts are where the partygoers are. The off limits areas for maintenance and security, as well as the biker warehouse, are all irritating.

As for Isle of Sgail, it is because there are no scripted kills that can be used on the targets in a suit with gloves. I’m a pro-gloves player, and each of the 3 methods that seem best to use against the Washington twins can’t be done without specific disguises, none of which have gloves, requiring a suit only or gloves purist to really struggle to find a satisfying way. Mendoza is also guilty of this, but not as severely and the prettiness of the map keeps it from being ranked directly above Isle of Sgail.

4 Likes

why isle of sgail? the suit only runs are awful but would not at least the atmosphere bump it up a bit?

2 Likes

Not enough for this gamer. I don’t even bother playing contracts mode on that map.

3 Likes

Can you imagine hating a map because you can’t use a suit with gloves? xddddd

3 Likes

Absolutely. How is one supposed to keep to professional assassin precautions if none of the scripted kills allow you to maintain that illusion. It’s infuriating.

4 Likes
  1. Sapienza: restored my faith in the franchise. Italian towns are the comfiest location ever and the sheer number of ways to do this is staggering. Perfection.
  2. Mendoza: Having an accomplice in the level with you is quite new for Hitman. Sure we had Smith and Mei Ling before but the context of this is unique. The intended story way of doing this is cool and the sniper method is also fun. Beautiful location too. Maybe i’ll feel differently once the rosies are off but right now this is no. 2.
  3. Berlin: From a purely gameplay point of view this is comfortably the best one. Such a fun level and there are many different possible SA/SO runs. This is also perhaps the closest nu-Hitman comes to that pitch black Contracts atmosphere.
  4. Hokkaido: Breathtaking location and ambience. The indirect way of killing Soders is also very unique and clever. A bit restrictive sure, but my first run was unforgettable.
  5. Dubai: I see this as a superior Paris. It’s an excellent intro level with a great location and many clean ways to complete it.
  6. Miami: Pretty good. The only reason it’s not higher is that the kills are scripted set pieces that were probably intended to end up on a bunch of clickbait Youtube thumbnails. I’m being cynical here, there’s nothing really wrong with it.
  7. Paris: Great intro to the trilogy. A bit simplistic and underutilised to place any higher.
  8. Chongqing: Difficult to rank this one. The location is, let’s face it, the greatest incarnation of a cyberpunk city in video games, bar none. The issue is, both targets are holed up in tediously well-guarded fortresses which means you don’t actually interact with that city. I don’t care for the forced escape sequence either but at least you can skip it on repeat playthroughs. May rank this lower as the dust settles.
  9. Dartmoor: Incredible premise, underwhelming execution. This really needed a more compelling mystery and a Poirot-esque final scene with all the suspects gathered round to sell it. Without that, it came off quite anticlimactic. Still an admirable effort.
  10. Haven Island: Just a fun level, if a bit uninspired. Does nothing new.
  11. New York: Some people really love this one, I found it a bit of a chore. I haven’t fully explored it so maybe on replays I will learn to like it and rank it higher.
  12. Hawke’s Bay: I think this is a fantastic tutorial level and I wish nu-Hitman had more of these short and sweet hits. Underrated.
  13. Whittleton Creek: I didn’t particularly like H2, and by this point the Blood Money references were getting a bit eye-rolley. I found it tedious.
  14. ICA training facility: Decent tutorial levels, not much to talk about.
  15. Santa Fortuna: Too big and doesn’t do anything that hasn’t been done before better.
  16. Sgail: I don’t like it. I don’t care for the story in nu-Hitman and the illuminati hanging out in a literal medieval castle on an island, wearing fucking robes is a bit much, let’s be real. Cringe tbh. The actual targets are not fun to kill either.
  17. Mumbai: Nice idea but horrible execution. Simply not fun to play at all.
  18. Marrakesh: Amazing idea, poor execution.
  19. Bangkok: Just sucks.
  20. Colorado: Holy shit, feels like it was made in a level editor.
  1. Chongqing
  2. Hokkaido
  3. Miami
  4. Mendoza
  5. Isle of Sgail
  6. Marrakesh
  7. Paris
  8. Berlin
  9. Sapienza
  10. Haven Island
  11. Santa Fortuna
  12. New York
  13. Dubai
  14. Bangkok
  15. Hawke’s Bay
  16. Mumbai
  17. Whittleton Creek
  18. Dartmoor
  19. Colorado
  20. Carpathian Mountains
1 Like

Heres Mine:

1: Miami
2: Sapienza
3: Dubai
4: Haven Island
5: Dartmoor
6: Paris
7: Mendoza
8: Hokkaido
9: Isle of Sgail
10: Whittleton Creek
11: New York
12: Chongqing
13: Berlin
14: Mumbai
15: Santa Fortuna
16: Marrakesh
17: Carpathian Mountains
18: Bangkok
19: Hawke’s Bay
20: ICA Facility (Yacht and Final Test)
21: Colorado

1 Like

Respect it being in the top 10 (ofc its the second best map :smile:)

should be 1st :smiley: