Thank goodness IOI never 'cashed in' with this game. These games are the Red Dead Redemption 2 of Hitman games

This might sound a bit fanboyish but I’ve been playing Hitman since Codename 47 and the games in the series have been one of my go to games for as long as they have been around. Back when I played Codename 47 and Silent Assassin I always imagined what Hitman games would ideally be like in the future and for me these games are almost exactly what I imagined.

The quality and attention to detail is phenomenal and when I play this game I consider Hitman 1, 2 and 3 as one big overall game and when you think of it like that the scope and quality of the thing is just off the charts great and beats my old favourite Blood Money hands down. This game is to Hitman what Red Dead Redemption 2 is to Red Dead games.

I won’t mention names but certain companies these days release a great game and then the sequels (or even the initial/original game in some cases now) are rushed out hyped up by the previous games success just to earn some quick cash. IOI could’ve just as easily released some half arsed attempt at a third game here knowing that they would get an initial windfall of sales and then say see you later to players but instead they kept the exact same Quality in the 3rd game that they established in the first 2 and improved on it in some cases.

My only complaint is that they may not make another. I would’ve liked them to just continue making Hitman games forever with a few new story levels being released every couple of years like they have done here.

9 Likes