A Complete List of challenges from Hitman 2016 and 2 that were cut out in Hitman 3

Looking through all these, and having done a lot of them in H2, there are very few I’d say I miss. No content is gone; there’s nothing stopping you from doing what was required of these challenges if you want to. An awful lot of them just amounted to very grindy, time-consuming busywork, and even the ones that didn’t were part of challenge packs that combined into a repetitive, similarly monotonous experience. One of Hitman’s greatest strengths is the freedom players have, and while challenges pushing you out your comfort zone can be a good thing, a lot of the cut challenges served only to waste your time.

4 Likes

Why I want them back even though you could just do what’s required of the challenges now. By that same logic, why should they even bother to have any challenges in the game at all when you can just do all the tasks/kills without them?

The challenges will just fall into more obscurity with 2016 and 2 being delisted from the store, leaving only more “hardcore” fans willing to seek them out. For Hitman 3 players to do the challenges in 3, they’d need to look for an external source to see them (maybe even this very guide). It would be a lot more convenient if they were built-in in-game.

As for the busywork argument:

If there is a Year 3, bringing back legacy challenges would be a relatively easy way to fill up roadmaps with more content. Other users can be passionate on here about other things, but bringing the challenges back is something I’m super passionate about. I’d say the only thing I’m more passionate about is getting the map in Hokkaido fixed. All this being said, I am honored that of all the places to post on this forum, you chose my post to make your first ever comment

3 Likes

I guess this is just a subjective thing, it never did much for me but each to their own. I do agree the total deletion of H1 and 2 from reality is a bit much; I understand why IOI want them gone but it will be a bit of a shame.

Oh absolutely, I think the ones like those you listed should have been cut alongside the ones that were actually cut, if removing the tedious ones is what they were aiming for.

Lol, I only just found out this place existed as I was looking for a ist of the cut challenges, I’m annoyed I didn’t find it sooner; I miss when forums were more commonplace.

3 Likes

I agree with you about the sound effects of the challenge accomplishment, not to mention the revival of the challenge.
That sound effect is what made the challenge accomplishment so wonderful.
After 2, the challenge achievement sound effects are poor and very disappointing.

3 Likes

You’re missing the point though, a challenge is content.

Its an insensitive, its a goal, its an achievement, its memories, not to mention XP.

2 Likes

Oh and does anyone remember tupence a wish?

1 Like

I wish I didn’t remember it.

Being part of the thread at the time trying to figure what the challenge requirements were was the only fun thing about that challenge. It took so long, and multiple hints from people at IO before the mystery was solved.

4 Likes

I tried very long to nail it before importing to hitman 2 then 3 since its a one time process but couldnt.

Oh well, i still have 5 different coins to chose from in my inventory even without those.

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken wasn’t the reward for that the gold coin if it is they made it so much easier to get being in featured contracts track 1 tier 1 for Hitman :hitman_3:

1 Like

It wasnt gold but there were 3of them, something like ICA coin and recognition/achievement.

They should be in the collectibles list someone compiled on here.

1 Like

Oh I thought the ica coins were something to do with elusive targets my mistake

5 Likes

The Tuppence challenge unlocked the Gold Coin in H1&2, which is now a Featured Contract award, as C24 noted.

The ICA Performance Coins were unlocked for people who completed Elusive Targets in H1, but are unavailable in H3 except through progression transfer.

3 Likes

Really?? Which contract?

1 Like

Just complete five featured contracts on any h1 or h2 map the ica facility doesn’t count as h1 or h2

3 Likes

It must be this

I own these

This is a bit of a bummer. I have a lot of fun learning about the maps and missions by grinding out mastery 20 on maps.

But, I can understand how they may have felt like there were too many challenges, and some of them were a bit too silly and intricate and might have overwhelmed players.

I hope everyone keeps in mind that you don’t have to complete every challenge! I know a lot of people here are completionists, but Hitman is about making your own fun.

2 Likes