A Complete List of challenges from Hitman 2016 and 2 that were cut out in Hitman 3

This is intended to be a reference to learn what challenges were included in the legacy games but wound up missing from Hitman 3. This is also intended to be a petition to IO to reimplement them in 3.

If you’d like this same guide but in Google Sheets form, click here.

First of all, there are 111 Content Rich challenges; 73 from challenge packs and 28 from other categories. The only locations which didn’t have any Content Rich challenges cut out were the ICA Facility and New York. I define Content Rich challenges as things I’d like to see brought back in Hitman 3.

Overall Summary
Map: # of challenges cut out:
Paris 7
Sapienza 8
Marrakesh 6
Bangkok 8
Colorado 5
Hokkaido 8
Hawke’s Bay 3
Miami 9
Santa Fortuna 11
Mumbai 9
Whittleton Creek 9
Isle of Sgail 27
Haven Island 1
Grand Total: 111
Paris
Location Category Challenge Name Challenge Description Notes
Paris Master Vampire For my Next Trick! Assassinate a target with a burning oil drum while disguised as the vampire magician.
The assassination must take place while the fireworks are going off.
Master Vampire This Shocking Trick! Assassinate a target by electrocution while disguised as the vampire magician.
Master Vampire Blademaster Assassinate a target with a saber while disguised as the vampire magician.
Master Vampire Like Mist Escape blame by becoming the vampire magician.
Master Vampire The Darkness and the Blood Find and equip the vampire magician disguise without getting spotted.
Master Vampire The Quiet Earth Exit a mission via the catacombs while disguised as the vampire magician.
Master Vampire Master Vampire (Magician) Complete all Master Vampire challenges 6 were cut; 1 was kept
Sapienza
Sapienza Master Sniper Sharp Shooter Assassinate 2 targets with one shot.
Master Sniper Out of Sight Assassinate a target and dump the body with one shot.
Use a sniper rifle.
Do not get spotted.
Master Sniper Over Scoped Assassinate 10 targets with a sniper rifle.
Master Sniper Master Sniper Complete all Master Sniper challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Plumber’s Apprentice Taking the Plunge Disguise yourself as either the Red or Green Plumber.
Assassinate 3 targets by drowning them.
Plumber’s Apprentice Blow It! Complete a contract.
Disguise yourself as either the Red or Green Plumber
Assassinate 5 targets in any accident explosion.
Only kill targets.
Plumber’s Apprentice Tightening the Screw Assassinate 4 targets with a screwdriver.
2 targets while disguised as the Green Plumber.
2 targets while disguised as the Red Plumber.
Plumber’s Apprentice Plumber’s Apprentice (in 2016)
Master Plumber (in 2)
Complete all Plumber’s Apprentice challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Marrakesh
Marrakesh Feats Prank Call Assassinate 5 targets with a telephone.
Feats I Re-Fuse Assassinate 5 targets by electrocuting them.
Master Fortune Teller Wishful Thinking Assassinate Claus Hugo Strandburg and General Reza Zeydan with the saber while
disguised as the fortune teller.
Master Fortune Teller Future Events Disguise yourself as the fortune teller.
Do not kill him.
Master Fortune Teller It Was an Axeident Assassinate 5 targets with an axe while disguised as the fortune teller.
Master Fortune Teller Master Fortune Teller Complete all Master Fortune Teller challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Bangkok
Bangkok Feats Tuppence a Wish [Redacted] (Bounce coins off the mirror into the water in Ken Morgan’s Suite) Much harder to do in Hitman 2 due to different coin physics, could be changed to unlock for simply throwing the coins in the fountain
Assassination Nutcracker Assassinate both Jordan Cross and Ken Morgan with a coconut.
Assassination Slam Dunk In The Source, cause an explosion that will launch Sister Yulduz into the canopy. This one is hard to pull off due to needing to aim an explosion. It could be reworked to simply have Sister Yulduz touch the canopy instead of land on top of it
Feats I Will Cry if I Want To [Redacted] (Shoot all the elephants in Ken Morgan’s suite to make the elephants in front cry)
Himmapan Horror A Friend For Dinner Assassinate 5 targets with a cleaver while disguised as hotel staff.
Do not get spotted.
All bodies must be found.
Himmapan Horror I’m Utterly Insane Assassinate 2 targets by drowning them while disguised as hotel staff.
Do not get spotted.
Himmapan Horror Let the Game Begin Assassinate 3 targets by pushing them while disguised as hotel staff.
Do not get spotted.
Himmapan Horror Redrum Complete all Himmapan Horror Challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Colorado
Colorado Feats Was That Really Necessary? Assassinate 5 targets with the car lift.
Scarecrow Taste of Your Own Medicine Assassinate 2 targets with a lethal syringe while disguised as the Scarecrow.
Each assassination must be seen.
Your disguise must be compromised each time.
Return to an uncompromised state after each assassination without changing your
disguise.
Scarecrow Birth of the Scarecrow Disguise yourself as the Scarecrow.
Scarecrow Lighten Up Assassinate 3 targets by burning them while disguised as the Scarecrow.
Each assassination must be seen.
Your disguise must be compromised each time.
Return to an uncompromised state after each assassination without changing your
disguise.
Scarecrow King of the Crop Complete all Scarecrow challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Hokkaido
Hokkaido Feats Crazy 8 Disguise yourself as the Motorcyclist.
Assassinate 8 masked guards with the katana.
All masked guards must be targets.
Feats Young Hiro Assassinate 5 targets with the shuriken while disguised as the ninja.
Do not get spotted.
Feats Playing With Fire Assassinate 2 targets by incineration.
Feats Hon-Rui Da Pacify all masked guards with a baseball bat while disguised as the baseball player.
The Art of Revenge Copperhead Complete a contract.
Assassinate a target with a lethal thrown kitchen knife while disguised as the
Motorcyclist.
Once you have equipped the Motorcyclist disguise, you cannot change your disguise.
The Art of Revenge Sidewinder Complete a contract.
Assassinate a target with lethal poison while disguised as the Motorcyclist.
Once you have equipped the Motorcyclist disguise, you cannot change your disguise.
The Art of Revenge California Mountain Snake Complete a contract.
Assassinate a target by drowning them while disguised as the Motorcyclist.
The Art of Revenge The Whisperer Complete all The Art of Revenge challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Hawke's Bay
Hawke’s Bay Thriller Night Hitman of the Black Lagoon Eliminate a target by pushing or dumping them into the pool.
Thriller Night Thriller Night Complete all the Thriller Night challenges 1 was cut; 3 were kept
Shinobi Shinobi Complete all the Shinobi challenges 0 were cut; 4 were kept but since they don’t have traditional
challenge packs this one was still cut out.
Miami
Miami Fishy Business Aquatic Saviour Throw 3 fish into the aquariums under the floor.
Fishy Business Shark From Above Eliminate the two aquarium guards with a shark.
Fishy Business The Little Merman Dump Robert Knox into an aquarium,
Fishy Business Fish Attack! Knock out Robert Knox with a fish.
Knock out Sierra Knox with a fish.
Fishy Business Fishy Business Complete all the Fishy Business challenges 4 were cut; 1 was kept
Spring Breaker Narcissus [Redacted] (Get the photo of the mascot while disguised as a mascot)
Spring Breaker Making Sweet’ish Fish Throw 2 bags of sugar into the aquariums under the floor.
Spring Breaker Tunes from Down Under Pacify a target with a digeridoo.
Spring Breaker Spring Breaker Complete all the Spring Breaker challenges 3 were cut; 1 was kept
Santa Fortuna
Santa Fortuna Feats Three Course Dinner Assassinate Rico Delgado, Jorge Franco, and Andrea Martinez by feeding them to El
Mijo.
Feats The Hero of Santa Fortuna Demonstrate the repaired submarine to Rico Delgado.
Complete the statue unveiling ceremony.
Fix Rico’s tattoo.
Help El Mijo feel better.
Return the lost love letter to Hector Delgado.
Cleanse the construction site.
Repair the hippie’s cocaine souvenir.
Repair Jorge Franco’s cocaine production machine.
This challenge really needs a tracker to show that you’ve successfully completed an action, and the submarine task should be put at the bottom since Rico breaks after you do it.
Shaman Shenanigans The Altar Ritual Kill someone with Fiber Wire in the Altar Cavern, while disguised as the Shaman
Shaman Shenanigans The Divination Eliminate 5 people with Poison while disguised as the Shaman
Shaman Shenanigans The New Concoction While disguised as the Shaman, acquire the following:
A Poisonous Frog
Some Glue
A Can of Expired Bolognese
Rat Poison
Shaman Shenanigans Shaman Shenanigans Complete all the Shaman Shenanigans challenges 3 were cut; 2 were kept
I’m With the Band More Bass in the Monitors While disguised as a Musician, cause an explosion on stage as the band plays.
I’m With the Band Impromptu Jam Session Bring all the band members back to the party house alive, while disguised as a
Musician.
I’m With the Band Strung Out Use the Cello in the mansion while disguised as a Musician.
I’m With the Band The After-Party Join the band in the bar after the gig for a drink, while disguised as a Musician.
I’m With the Band I’m With The Band Complete all the I’m With The Band challenges 4 were cut; 1 was kept
Mumbai
Mumbai Feats Shave Mumbai Shave all the locals who are in need of a shave. The description should say you need to shave The Maelstrom too, or
have the counter be one less so you don’t need to shave him since he only goes up to the shop once
Feats Tour Mumbai Follow the tour group around the city.
Mumbai Master High Thinker Eliminate The Maelstrom by him falling to his death while disguised as the Holy Man.
Mumbai Master Roaring Virtue Eliminate 10 guards with a non-silent weapon in the underground hideout while disguised as the Holy Man.
Mumbai Master Divine Misfortune Eliminate a target in an accident while disguised as the Holy Man.
Mumbai Master Mumbai Master Complete all the Mumbai Master challenges 3 were cut; 2 were kept
The Culinary Trip Flaming Hot Seafood Throw 3 fish into the furnaces of the metal workshops.
The Culinary Trip Feeding the Birds Make 3 Crows sick. Broken in Hitman 2 but could be fixed for 3
The Culinary Trip The Culinary Trip Complete all The Culinary Trip challenges 2 were cut; 1 was kept
Whittleton Creek
Whittleton Creek Discovery Ectoplasmic [Redacted] (Bring Helen West to Galen Vholes’ house) This could benefit from a description or hint about what to do for it instead of just being Redacted
Feats Due You Even Care? Shoot all the perched pigeons.
Muffin Man Employees Only Uncover 3 clues connected to Providence while disguised as a Server
Muffin Man Delicious Delivery Pacify 5 people with Blueberry Muffins
Muffin Man Organic Baking Eliminate 2 agents disguised as gardeners with the incinerator while disguised as a Server.
Don’t let their bodies be found.
Muffin Man Muffin Man Complete all the Muffin Man challenges 3 were cut; 2 were kept
Breaking and Entering The Keymaker Pick up 5 keys
Breaking and Entering Forgot My Keys With a crowbar, unlock the front doors of the Cassidy, Janus, Schmidt, and West properties.
Breaking and Entering Breaking and Entering Complete all the Breaking and Entering challenges 2 were cut; 1 was kept
Isle of Sgail
Isle of Sgail Assassination King of the Castle Throw the twins from the penthouse balcony
Feats Gut Feeling Poison the Constant 3 times.
Feats Who Wants Chowder? Poison Sophia and all the council members during the toast.
Feats A True Test of Skillet Pacify 10 people with the frying pan while disguised as a chef and remain unspotted.
Feats 7 Minutes in Heaven Dispose of both Blake and Sophia in the security room closet
Feats I Challenge Thee To A Duel Knock out 10 guards with a fish.
Feats None Shall Pass Blend in while disguised as a knight on all plinths.
Feats All the King’s Men Kill all Elite Guards while disguised as a Knight Cut out in a Hitman 2 patch. Could be reworked to something like: Kill 10 Elite Guards while disguised as a knight
Feats Making Waves Dump 47 NPCs into the sea Cut out in a Hitman 2 patch. Could be reworked to something like: Dump 10 NPCs into the sea
Feats No Budget for a Railing Dump 5 custodians into the armory shaft Cut out in a Hitman 2 patch. This one seems fine as-is.
The Butler Did It Pipe And Slappers Pacify 10 people with a Lead Pipe while disguised as a Butler.
The Butler Did It The Master’s Belongings Acquire the Burial Dagger while disguised as a Butler.
The Butler Did It Serve The Artillery Pacify 5 people with a cannonball while disguised as a Butler.
The Butler Did It Tea Is Served Eliminate someone with Poison while disguised as a Butler.
The Butler Did It Pressed and Ironed Eliminate someone with the Iron Maiden while disguised as a Butler.
The Butler Did It The Butler Did It Complete all of The Butler Did It challenges 5 were cut; none were kept
Blake’s Endeavor Bounty Of The Golden Hind While disguised as Blake Nathaniel, acquire the following from the Ark crates:
Circumcision Knife
Maori Paddle
Golf Club
Didgeridoo
Blake’s Endeavor Legend of The Three Suns Garrote 3 people with the Aztec Necklace while disguised as Blake Nathaniel.
Blake’s Endeavor Treasures Of Sgail While disguised as Blake Nathaniel, acquire the following from the Gallery:
5 Filigree Eggs
Katana
Gold Idol
Aztec Necklace
Blake’s Endeavor One Shot At This Fire the Cannon while disguised as Blake Nathaniel.
Blake’s Endeavor Desperate Times Eliminate 10 guards with an assault rifle while disguised as Blake Nathaniel.
Blake’s Endeavor Blake’s Endeavour Complete all the Blake’s Endeavour challenges 5 were cut; none were kept
Best Case Scenario Another Suitcase in Another Face Hide the bodies of all 6 guards on the pier, without getting spotted, after knocking them
out by throwing a briefcase.
Best Case Scenario The Baggage We Carry Carry a briefcase to the roof of the Citadel Tower.
While on the roof of the Citadel Tower, shoot and eliminate any target with a sniper rifle.
Best Case Scenario The Brief Case of Charles Dexter Ward While wearing the Burial Robes, pick up a briefcase in the Morgue and enter the Crypt
carrying it.
Best Case Scenario A Curious Case for Sophia Washington Eliminate Sophia Washington with a concealed explosive device, while she is in the
Security Room.
No visible explosive devices in the Security Room.
Best Case Scenario Best Case Scenario Complete all the Best Case Scenario challenges 4 were cut; none were kept
Haven Island
Location Category Challenge Name Challenge Description
Haven Island Discovery Big Brother Destroy all the Cameras on the island.

In addition to all of these, there were several other legacy challenges that were cut:

• In Miami in Hitman 2, there was the challenge The Briefcase whose description reads “Complete the Miami level to unlock the briefcase”. This was brought back in Hitman 3 even though the ICA briefcase isn’t unlocked by the challenge in 3. However, it was cut out of Hitman 3 in the patch on October 6, 2022.

• Hitman 2 had challenges for completing the main missions and Special Assignments on Professional and Master Difficulty; these were all removed from Hitman 3. Additionally, The Classics challenge “No Evidence” was removed from every mission in Hitman 3, even on Casual Difficulty.

• There were challenges in The Icon, Landslide, and A House Built on Sand for doing all the Mission Stories and several assassination challenges which gave you an item. They changed how the items were unlocked in 3, and these challenges were cut.

• There were 38 escalations in Hitman 2016 which weren’t brought back in 2 or 3, and their corresponding challenges were cut.

• In Hitman 2016, there were challenges for starting in each starting location and for exiting in each exit. All of these were cut out in Hitman 2, except for the exits that need a key to access (speedboat in Paris, Consulate car in Marrakesh, etc.). This cut was also carried over to Hitman 3. Curiously, Hitman 3’s locations have challenges for using exits that don’t need a key, but the legacy challenges were still cut.

• There were 3 or 4 challenges on each of the six Hitman 2016 maps which corresponded to the PS4-exclusive Sarajevo Six missions which won’t ever reappear. Edit August 20th 2023: They brought the Sarajevo Six back in Hitman 3 recently and actually included all of the original challenges. Hooray for not cutting stuff out!

• It’s hard to know how many of the legacy Elusive Targets will be brought back before support ends, but the challenges related to The Undying and The Wild Card can safely be considered cut from 3.

The Content Rich challenges encouraged exploration of levels to find items you probably wouldn’t use otherwise. They encouraged you to use certain niche disguises a lot more. They encouraged certain playstyles that not everyone would have done otherwise. They also give a ton of XP, providing a lot more options to get max Mastery on their locations. For people who care about their player level, these challenges missing from 3 mean that players who carried over their progress from Hitman 2 could much more easily reach higher player levels than people who did not do the carryover due to having earned a lot more XP.

The logic behind what was and wasn’t kept doesn’t make sense in many instances. For instance, I Will Cry if I Want To was cut out of Hitman 3 despite the other easter egg challenges on Bangkok being kept and the crying elephant easter egg still working fine in Hitman 3. On Hokkaido, Cut Throat was kept where you kill a target with a Shuriken while disguised as a ninja, but not the harder Young Hiro where you kill five targets with a Shuriken while disguised as a ninja. The challenge for destroying all the cameras in Whittleton Creek was kept, but the challenge for destroying all the cameras in Haven Island was cut out.

The inconsistency with the challenge packs bothers me as well. All of 2016’s challenge packs had one challenge remain while the rest were cut out. For Hitman 2’s challenge packs, almost all of Hawke’s Bay’s challenge packs were kept in; 1 or 2 challenges from the other challenge packs were kept in; and none of the Isle of Sgail’s challenge pack challenges were kept in.

Some of the challenge packs are much better as a set. For example, The Art of Revenge in Hokkaido is a reference to how the various members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad died in Kill Bill. The Himmapan Horror in Bangkok references several horror movies. The Best Case Scenario challenges in Isle of Sgail are the only ones which are related to using the briefcase.

In conclusion, I hope the guide was informative, and I hope that before Hitman 3’s support ends the challenges can be brought back. The sound effect for completing challenges is one of the most cathartic sounds in gaming.

38 Likes

Damn, I was writing the same list, but you beat me to it.

Personally, after completing the same challenges multiple times on different games and platforms, I am burnt out and do not want to do them again. However, I remember that I enjoyed every challenge pack added before burnout, so I understand why some people would want more challenges.

1 Like

Thanks for the list, it’s interesting.

Honestly, I’m glad to see those challenges go, mostly. I get that they’re trying to point to things that can be done on the map, but so many of them amount to busywork, and not even the good kind.

1 Like

Many of the challenges they kept could arguably be busywork too (Magpie in Isle of Sgail where you need to collect 30 tokens, dumping all 4 targets in the slurry pit in Colorado, etc.). My thought process is they might as well include all of them instead of cutting some but keeping others.

2 Likes

I’d say only very few of the cut callenges are really too hard to achieve and therefore good to know they are out. But most of them are fun and I like them. I don’t understand why IOI decided to cut them, and I hope to see them back badly. Though I know that’s nearly impossible, I still keep the wish.

1 Like

Honestly kinda surprised at what they cut. I liked the ones for Easter Eggs and the Exits.

And the Kill Bill one was Iconic, kinda disappointed it’s gone lol.

1 Like

Most of these are shit lol

1 Like

There were also three other challenges that were removed in Hitman 2 on Isle of Sgail:

• All the King’s Men (Kill all elite guard while disguised as a knight).
  • Making Waves (Dump 47 NPCs into the sea).
  • No Budget for a Railing (Dump 5 custodians into the armory shaft).
3 Likes

I’ve been thinking for so long to reinstall all 120 something gigs of HITMAN 2016 for so long to make this list. Glad I was not the only one. I wasn’t IO to bring ALL content from 2016 and 2018 games to HITMAN 3, not just the content rich ones. If you could do it in HITMAN 2016 you should be able to do it in HITMAN 3. I just can’t think of any reason not to do it. The only content I can at least try to understand being stuck in HITMAN 2016 is the Sarajevo Six stuff for Playstation (even though personally I feel so long as you have HITMAN 3 for Playstation you should still get it, but thats just my opinion).

But all other content from 1 and 2 that were not included in HITMAN 3 should return. Even if its just unneeded extra Mastery Points it would still be nice to be able to play basically everything you did in HITMAN 2016 in HITMAN 3.

I would add on to this that I would like to see missing items be added. Like we have the Ancient Emetic Syringe, Ancient Lethal Syringe, where is the Ancient Sedative Syringe? Where is the Mark 2 or Mark 3 of some items? Why does emetic get 2 Pen variants but lethal and Sedative dont? I would like to see all these challenges brought back and these missing items be tied to them.

3 Likes

You can still technically do those things, no one is stopping you from killing all 25 elite guards and dumping 47 bodies on the ocean

I have all three games installed at all times mainly because of Sarajevo Six and cut challenges, but also because of cut escalations. For some reason I started to enjoy even the most aggravating ones lol.

So, yes, I’d really love to see them all back in Hitman 3 (minus Sarajevo Six, I’m aware that that’s not gonna happen), and I’d also love to see some new challenge packs. They’re just fun. :smiley:

I understand that it’s more convenient for completionists to have fewer challenges, but eh, with Hitman I’m just there to play the game.

5 Likes

Do you start new profiles to do challenges multiple times?

No, I’m slowly chipping away at them on my main PSN profile… :sweat_smile:
Don’t want to rush through (but also, there’s so much to do that rushing through is not really happening).

yea I could just do the challenges without actually having them. I could do basically anything I wanted so long as it works in the games limitations but that was never the point of my reply nor the original posters.

The point is that they were a part of the game, and there seems to be no reason for their exclusion.

If content existed in HITMAN 2016 and HITMAN 2 it should be present in HITMAN 3. They made it perfectly clear that HITMAN 3 is the way to play the World of Assassination trilogy. They can’t say that if content is locked behind each game. It makes no sense what so ever.

I understand that they have contracts that keep Sarajevo Six locked to HITMAN 2016 on PS4 (but they could easily make a new contract with the same people to bring it to HITMAN 3 if they wanted). I understand that the Wildcard and both of the Undying Elusive Target missions are unlikely to return (even though, if they wanted to they could renew the license to use their image for HITMAN 3). And Ghost Mode from HITMAN 2 I also understand not coming back, since they basically completely canceled that mode and moved its unlocks to other things.

Those things I am more willing to accept being lost. But there is no reason for Escalations, Challenges/ Challenge Packs, Trophies/Achievements, etc. to be removed.

Most of the challenges the original poster listed, are all interesting challenges that make you play the level differently to how you’d normally play, teaching you new methods, forcing you to play harder strats that you wouldn’t normally do unless there was something pushing you to do so. It also got you to play around with Contracts mode, either to play other peoples contracts or to create your own to obtain some challenges. It was really well thought out and designed and it is SORELY missing from both HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 3 levels. I remember when Paris was released I spent several days running around the level doing all the different challenges and remember doing so for basically every level as it released since then. But fast forward to today, and I finish all the challenges for Ambrose Island in 3.5 hours, and that was not me rushing at all, literally just playing through how I would normally.

1 Like

There was a reason. Theyre not very fun to do. If something aint fun change it is a general game design philosophy. Thats why entire levels get cut from games

But its not content in the traditional sense. Its an achievement

They can say that tho because Hitman 3 includes every single map, every single cutscene, every single mission story. The entire base function of the trilogy is within one game. The deal breaker for an average person wouldnt be a couple of challenges missing. I get what you mean but to me it seems like if you wanted to get at IO theres bigger things. Theyve removed items (the ephone), entire mechanics (the wallpiercing of the jaegar lancer) and NPCs (used to be more guards around a table in sapienza)

Some of them, like the Curious Case of Sophia Washington, I agree but a lot of them I remember being really tedious. Keep in mind I 100 percented every game in the trilogy on at a time, that Shaman challenge pack was really bad for it. Hated having to do a fetch quest, hated having to kill people with assault rifles and hide bodies or whatever both there and in Mumbai, the tour mumbai challenge was not only time consuming but buggy. Shave Mumbai because it counted the Maelstrom took a long ass time too. I also didnt like looking for those pidegons or dragging helen across the suburb. Did enjoy figuring out some of the challenges tho, something as small as Narcisus was such a good challenge because figuring it out from the pic and name is a mini puzzle

Youre better at the game then than now, but also as much as I like Ambrose it’s not got the potential for as many challenges as Paris lol

Thank you for this guide. I agree that there is inconistency in the many deletions of challenges from H1 and H2, but i also think it’s a necessary evil. Carrying the two first games in H3 is a lot of informations and IOI is focusing primarly on H3 and its follow ups. Perhaps those challenges were cut off because if you are a fellow player that kept on the WoA trilogy, you own the first two games so i agree with @93-126, this can lead to burnout. There is clearly a feeling of déjà-vu doing the same challenges over and over.

What i regret most in those challenges are the Location Starters because you had to use them and start in a situational location to get the challenge done. Can you provide a concrete example of challenge was cut off in which you had to play a certain way?
I also regret the disappearance of the Sarajevo Six unless you obtain a copy of the Definitive Edition and good luck to that! The Undying and the Wild Card are the ones that are painful. It’s just uncool because copyright and credits etc. I mentionned it in another thread, they should have known better.

These challenges exist in both H1 and H2. I’m more concerned or upset by the lack of content of the new game rather than seeing for the third time challenges that i enjoyed doing before, otherwise excitment is replaced with annoyance. I don’t think xp gaining is a problem, you can manage to get enough to master each location no matter what, there is a ground basis that everyone can reach. I think IOI developers aren’t into reworking on past missions because it’s not interesting and i can understand that. It’s quite ambivalent at this point.
In the end, it’s still super fun to play any game of the trilogy, that’s the most important factor!

2 Likes

A lot of the H1 escalations are absolute trash when played within H3 with the newer items that didn’t exist when H1 launched. Remember the terrible The Mallory Misfortune escalation with the stalker AI? Just Sieker him when he gets close and send him away to vomit and easily get away with your kills. All difficulty is removed.

A lot of them deserve to rot and be forgotten about.

2 Likes

Going thru this list again, there ARE a lot of challenges which I will agree were good challenges and added to the game. There are also challenges that couldve been good with some tweaking, but I still stand by that a good 50 of these I’m glad were cut

Young Hiro sounded tedious as hell

That’s because the Whittleton Creek one activates a scripted moment in the level

The ones for going guns blazing I remember vividly as being the worst ones

Isle of Sgail had a lot of good ones, I agree, which would’ve helped because otherwise that map has a bunch of not very good challenges that maybe shouldve been cut (ie Spade Knight)

I think most of the Briefcase pack shouldve been kept in because having that case rewarded thru mastery instead of a challenge pack themed around briefcases completely divorces the punchline from the joke being told by its inclusion

I agree tho I kinda prefer the sound for 2016 lol. theyre all satisfying especially in a row

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean anything, let’s say they took out the challenge, you can still do the assassination for taking out all the cameras, can’t you?

Yes, but people wouldn’t try to take out all cameras if there wasn’t a challenge. It’s way easier to destroy the surveillance system instead. They’d totally miss the scripted moment.

3 Likes