Hitman 3, Year 2 - Winter Roadmap

Badea when he hears of another pistol elaboration discussion

18 Likes

Is it weird that Thursday is my favourite day of the week? I can’t wait for the unlocks this roadmap, and the release of Freelance next year! Kudos to the developer gods for these upcoming months and Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it), Happy Hanukkah (if you celebrate it) and a Happy New Year!
(If you celebrate it!)

2 Likes

Good to see I’ll have another pistol for another map. With that, I’m sure I’ll have a unique pistol for each location.
Btw, I checked out, and ET’s that were skipped during this years rotation were:

-The Congressman*
-The Sensation
-The Wildcard**
-The Pharmacist
-The Fixer
-The Identity Thief
-The Chef
-The Angel of Death
-The Guru*
-The Blackmailer
-The Warlord
-The Paparazzo
-The Undying**
-The Undying Returns**

*technically were part of The Deceivers
**couldn’t return because of copyrighting issues

That is a lot of unused ET’s, wow. I thought there would be like 4, but even excluding ones who couldn’t return and ones that were packed together, that is still 9 ET’s. That is a lot. At least we got them via Arcade (except for The Fixer, which is probably doomed to be lost).

Regarding this roadmap, outside shocking lack of ET’s, it’s fine. I do like unlocks, and I will be finally able to get golden kalashnikov. I also appreciate that we can now unlock flash robot without having to play Undying. And the fact that Explosive Gift is unique in its qualities, rather than being reskin of rubber duck or remote explosive.

2 Likes

The main one I want back is The Susumu Obsession from Hokkaido in Hitman (2016).

The landmine complications are annoying.

But overall, I agree with you. Especially if it would mean I’m getting The Susumu Obsession back for Hitman 3.

1 Like

What was this challenge for?

1 Like

Part of Colorado’s scarecrow challenge pack from H2016, which unlocks you TAC-4 S/A Jungle. It’s a pretty difficult one because of the compromised/uncompromised complication.

Lighten Up:
Assassinate 3 targets by burning them while disguised as the Scarecrow.
Each assassination must be seen.
Your disguise must be compromised each time.
Return to an uncompromised state after each assassination without changing your
disguise.

Check out this thread for more details! :wink:

6 Likes

Reading some of the comments on here and you can’t beat a good old gun debate!! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

They fecking are. The 2016 ones rely far too much on specific weapons to generate specific outcomes, all the while asking players to essentially speed run them, and are very tedious because of it, not to mention being 5 levels (mostly). They’re a more restrictive form of Contracts Mode essentially, something h2/3 at least tried to shake up and move away from more. The only way to fix them is for IOI to actually change the contracts; the newer h2/3 mechanics really don’t affect them as much as you think.

The less said about The Lupei Sensitivity and the tripmine one the better. Oh and the Colorado stalker.

1 Like

You’re an inhuman monster. :confounded: :smile:

1 Like

Overall much better than the H2 escalations, and far far better than the H3 escalations. Sure it had a few really bad ones, but also really good ones.

Edit: plus this is hilarious to me:

Since the H3 escalations were the most restrictive and linear ones out of the trilogy by far. The whole no loadout and 1 starting locations got boring and stale super quick

8 Likes

Honestly Mallory Misfortune wouldn’t be that hard nowadays with the tons of emetic items H2/3 brought. We could pretty much keep the stalker puking all day long.

6 Likes

The H1 escalations had laser wires and explosive mines, and one of them still has that in the H3 version of the same escalation. Fuck a bunch of that. They can keep the escalations they cut.

5 Likes

Not the most mindblowing roadmap, but I’d rather effort is put into Freelancer. Can’t wait! Not long now

2 Likes

I found the H2 ones to be consistently better than 2016’s or 3’s simply because they try to be a tad less annoying and restrictive in how you complete them.

The 2016 ones that are bad, are really bad. The worst of the H2 ones come off as boring, and the h3 ones, as you say, are just too restrictive.

I appear to be in the minority with this opinion though.

3 Likes

What? How would this detract from Freelancer? Aside from the FCs, all the content is already in the game so work on the roadmap was ‘done’ by end of September at the latest in order to be deployed in the last patch.

3 Likes

On the other side, the best ones from 2016 were truly great, whereas the best ones from H2 were almost decent i guess, at most.

Vast majority of the H2 ones were glorified contracts, without any unique gameplay mechanics/complications. H3 ones were restrictive and linear.

2016 ones were pure gameplay focused with unique gameplay elements. Sure some missed and were bad, but much more effort and “risks” and novelty ideas were put into them. You never knew what to expect. Cant say the same about the H2 and H3 ones.

7 Likes

More than decent: good, if not better than 2016’s. There are tons of H2 gimmicky escalations; bartho Hornswoggle, McAllister ransack, mills reverie, o Leary conflag, dubious cohabitation, etc. I could go on.

Way to downplay h2’s actually good escalations.

3 Likes

IOI have on a tight cycle the repeat of seasonal content and elusive targets, also contained within elusive target arcade too.

IOI should just make available all previous escalations from Hitman2016 and Hitman 2, regardless if they are fecking or not (whatever that is) or very bad or very very bad or not. It is not a lot of effort and some of us would like to repeat those escalations especially in Paris and Sapienza, released in 2016 and 2017.

3 Likes

Would love to see The Surgeon make a re-appearance. Next month.

1 Like

I know, but why does it still feel so long away haha :joy::joy:

1 Like