Elusive Target #5: THE ICONOCLAST (Year 3, 28 July - 7 August 2023)

She is out. Almost screwed my SA rating for overcomplicating the KO of her guard and a drunk guest almost noticing me but was just below his line of sight so that saved me. Screenshots soon. :blue_heart: :bear:

5 Likes

Gotta say, so far the ET:s for H3 have been quite good. It really pained me to have to chose among the different ways of killing her.

8 Likes

All righty. My equipment for the mission.

Getting in is extremely easy. There’s a nearby invitation you can steal. Now, rocking the suit with the logo that actually sells perfection, plus the mascot of the company, Red Tie Kiwi.

“But HITMAN doesn’t needs binoculars. Why would you need those in this kind of game?” Remember those conversations? Not binoculars per se but the camera is pretty handy to locate stuff at the distance, even targets.

Now, to get rid of her only bodyguard. Almost screwed because one of the drunk guest was coming down when I was subduing the fella but was out of the line of sight just for some steps. That was a save. Then go classic Hitman (no containers) and hiding him in the closet.

Now, apply the same to her this time (luring with a coin you can find at the cinema) and it’s an EZPZ isolation and kill.

The Red Tie Kiwi approves and is proud.

Walk into the sunset and enjoy the vineyard. Still, it’s a pain in the ass to exfiltrate Mendoza in suit. Oh well, next time guess I’m wearing the Requie suit for the shrine exit.

5th SA rating, so far no restarts and second suit only ET too.

Now I’m gonna act all proud and smug like the King Bearmon I am just because it’s the Season of Pride (?

28 Likes

Finished it. Killed her with the fiber wire and managed to keep SA without restart. Good to know that I can still play Hitman. :slight_smile:

As I was walking around the party, looking for the target, I thought to myself “If she’s also in disguise or looks nothing like she did in the briefing and I have to spent twenty minutes checking every waiter and female party guests, I’m never going to play another ET ever again!”. :grin:

Thankfully I found her walking around, handing out business cards. Doesn’t really strikes me as a good idea when you try to start a secret assassination business, but who am I to judge? Followed the person who received a card and almost immediately found a perfect opportunity to help her make the right choice by relieving her of the card. There may or may not have been some choking involved.

Followed the target around a bit more and was pleasantly surprised that there were a number of interesting opportunities to take her out. Then I handed over the business card and followed her to the cinema. Of course, she was actually staying outside and I knew all to well from “The Farewell” that the NPCs on the stairs will easily spot you, if try to take out a “lone” NPC in front of the cinema.

So I used coins to lure her guard into the cinema, took him out and hid him in the corner between the door and the screen. Then I lured my target inside and successfully managed to convince her to retire from this whole assassination business. During all this I was almost expecting to be spotted by the workers in the cinema, but luckily no one saw me.

The last obstacle was the reaching the exit. Of course, there was no public exit. Because why make it easy for me? I relieved on of the workers in the cinema of his cloths and left through the vineyard gate. Sadly I never found out if she’s actually armed and fights back, but my gut feeling tells me, no.

10 Likes

I swear this target is cursed. Xbox capture gave me 8 seconds of loadout-loading screen instead of the full capture.

1 Like

Really seems to be the way. A previous recording where The Game crashed was recored and saved just fine. It was only like 4 Minutes instead of 21, but still.

1 Like

I really, really wish I could replay this one. I missed the Politician, so opted to take advantage of the “easy” scripted isolation sequence. I’m very curious what surprises they put into this Target’s scripting.

Followed her to her awkward meeting with Kavanaugh (it’s nice that someone else is getting in on the “dry killing jokes” game, lol) and took out Kavanaugh while she dithered over the concept of killing her
 well, I choked her out before I found out who she’s mad at, lol. Then I interrupted one of the target’s other meetings and met her in front of the cinema. Threw a coin at the drunk guy on the stairs, emetic’d her bodyguard, and fibre wired her into the nearby crate. Felt like a gimme, but hey, #teamnorestarts, I’ll take it.

I’m happy with another SASO ET.

Really looking forward to the “ET dialogue” video for this one. Seems like there are quite a few potential clients with their own stories.

2 Likes

IMG_20210512_173811

In her briefing video she’s still referred to as “The Perfectionist” which was her old codename that got leaked a while back

22 Likes

Another ET looking awesome. Can’t wait to try killing her #dontwanttofail.

It’s really a pity that each presentation video is made with such care for such a time-limited mission. More than ever, i find the little story that goes with the target like a mini story that could become an entire game or a fully developed DLC with multiple missions.

I’m a 50/50 player: whether i had strokes of genius to take down a target or i end up being a complete dweeb. Wish me luck :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You’ve got this! Nothin’ wrong with dweeb runs, either, as long as you learn from 'em.

1 Like

Thanks. Well, i didn’t do a lot of reruns but i tried Sapienza again. All went well, killing Caruso with the cannon ball and electrocuting De Santis
 until Ether labs and then i turned the mission into a mass murdering failure. Conclusion: 2 targets down as a SA
 27 innocent people killed to destroy a tiny virus. Well duh

1 Like

Nice and easy, dressing as a waiter lets you poison her food as well as escape without any need for risky stealth. That was a good one (good being quick and easy, I don’t like ETs tbh)

2 Likes

No Restart

Emetic Tranqed her, when she was puking over the railing I Tranqed her guard and when he was a way I threw her over the ledge. :slight_smile:

Not exciting I know, but hey it’s honest work and left with a SA SO using the Parking Lot start.

3 Likes

First time ever that I put on the Requiem suit by choice (don’t kill me).

Hitman 3 Elusive Target - The Iconoclast - SASO Broadsword (1:08)

10 Likes

Great target overall - I went with the old Gaucho sniper method
Would have loved an opportunity to ask her to dance when she comes down to the dance floor and stands there for a while. I’d hoped there would be a kill a little bit like this :laughing: :

5 Likes

You have to respect his dedication to the job at least

(Can only be done in this ET, so relevant thread)

60 Likes

Holy shit, my sides xD

3 Likes

that’s goddamn amazing

3 Likes

Haven’t played it yet, because I had a busy
Day. Can someone say if she’s defending herself when she spots you?

6 Likes

To my knowledge no, she kinda runs away when something happens and won’t defend herself.

4 Likes