A sudden increase of price Deluxe Edition in Epic Game Store

I can confirm that they have hiked the deluxe edition price like crazy lmao. Don’t know why the sudden hike before release :thinking:

earlier price for Deluxe Edition was: Rs. 2200
Now: Rs. 4900

1 Like

These prices are all over the place, the hell is going on IOI?

6 Likes

I have a few theories about that…

• Economy, maybe Epic Games Store noticed a growth of Economy in certain countries and increased the prices. But that theory doesn’t work at all since the financial year ends March 2021 if I am not wrong (correct me).

• Epic Games Store becomes greedy and wants more money, since the release date comes closer.

• It was a time limited offer.

By the way it seems the prices of the German version of Hitman 3 DE isn’t changed, if I am not wrong it was always on 89,99€ .

1 Like

Well, one sure reason is the price difference. IO said that the deluxe edition will be around 90 euros? but for me it was close to 29 euros (mainly some error with currency conversion)

It has not changed for those that had 89,99€ as the deluxe price

The thing was that other countries had lower prices (that’s what is weird, not the opposite), i guess something about currency conversion, yes

The distributor (Steam/ Epic etc.) are not in charge of the RRP (recommended retail price), and cannot dictate how much the game is sold for. IOI have some explaining to do.

1 Like

Earning more money for independent studio.
The closer the release the price is higher. I would expect this.
What else you want to hear from them?

That’s kind of ignorant, they didn’t put any news about it, and isn’t it unfair that while someone got it for half the price and later, another has to buy the same exact thing for double the price?!

1 Like

I don’t, that’s shady as balls. IOI should not be punishing those that did not pre-order with a price hike, and a very ill-thought price hike, as all EGS versions are increased, but only the Mike store standard edition is affected; and the currency conversions of these makes it even more inconsistent.

And it also makes Epic look bad for no reason, as people will assume Epic are in charge of the prices when that’s not the case (and it has never been the case except on games they themselves publish).

So yeah, an actual explanation as to what happened with the pricing, and why the PSN prices was used on all stores would be a very good question for IOI to answer.

5 Likes

@Travis_IOI better show up here or this is gonna become a big controversy. I’ve never seen any other dev/publisher change the regional pricing randomly.

5 Likes

Just to make it clear: I’m not defending IOI, but I myself not surprised by the rise

I didn;t think you were defending them, I’m just surprised you expected this behaviour from them.

Not that I was expecting, but I have a practice of price rising while something is approaching closer to the date.
Like some festivals. Today, half a year before the event you can buy a ticket for the lowest price, but when a month left, the price for all tickets is rising. And the less time left, the more you have to pay.
I don’t know why they are doing this, but it’s being done

this doesn’t and shouldn’t apply to games, at all.

Festivals are actual events, and the price goes up due to limited demand for seats and/ or space. There’s a reason for it. H3 is not a finite resource on a digital store.

2 Likes

No change in my country (France), still 59.99€ and 89.99€.

1 Like

Changed here also in Korea. Deluxe edition went up about ₩15500(about 14 dollars)

It kinda looks like regional pricing is not much of a thing now, possibly to make it harder for key resellers to make profit?

I just found out that the UK pricing of H3 is very inconsistent.

Standard Edition
Epic: £49.99
Microsoft: £52.49
PlayStation: £54.99
Square Enix(physical): £59.99 (for all platform)

Deluxe Edition
Epic: £79.99
Microsoft: £74.99
PlayStation: £74.99
Square Enix(physical): £79.99 (for all platform)

Weird.

3 Likes

i have no idea what i’m talking about, but i’m going to share a completely uninformed guess regardless because, well, internet buuuut

…might be because they’re seeing an uptick in pre-orders off the back of the largely very positive previews, and decided to try squeezing a wee bit of extra revenue out of it.

is that bonkers?

2 Likes