Absolution Online Servers

I am late to the Hitman party so I am currently playing through the back catalogue and I’m currently playing through Absolution.

I was looking forward to playing the online mode but then realised the servers had been taken down.

It appears that a lot of others are in the same boat as me so I was wondering what the chances were of them being reinstated, even if only briefly?

I’m sure there will be enough demand and I’m sure some people would even be prepared to rent the servers if that is possible.

2 Likes

It’s an 8 year old game and add on top of that the Square Enix - IO split. So we can safely say there’s essentially no chance of the Absolution servers coming back unfortunately

Sorry you’re missing out, hope you enjoy the rest of the game tho

1 Like

Apparently they are “working on a fix” for the past few years. IOInteractive will take there time but I can’t fathom them lieing like that. Maybe in 2022 or 2024 servers will be dedicated to this game.

They said they’re “working on it” (as always), yet it’s been years and people are still waiting.

I suggest you to not get your expectations too high…

I feel bad for the people who are buying the game nowadays, knowing a good part of the game will be unavailable to play :confused:

3 Likes

I love how IO never really offered any closure. They are that friend that doesn’t show up for dinner because you planned it 2 nights ago with no follow up. Sure there was no interaction in between, but a plan is a plan you better meet the mark :joy:

Thanks for the replies everyone. You have all said what others have on other forums. It would be nice to have someone from IOInteractive comment as well to see if this is still in the pipeline.

I’ve not been playing the series for long compared to others but it is clear that there are a lot of people disappointed with not just the servers being pulled, but the silence from IOI.

I’m not sure how much notice was given of them being pulled but if it was insufficient, perhaps those are grounds to reinstate them.

I won’t be holding my breath though.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s been locked for a year.

1 Like