Absolution Sequel idea

At the very least - they’d still need to reconcile the conflicting idea of whether Victoria needs the magic isotope amulet (without it she’ll be incapacitated, bedridden) or not… where she and Diana throw it away at the end (now all the sudden she’ll be fine without it). Or does it just give her combat ability? Or is there some other nuanced aspect that wasn’t revealed in the Absolution storyline? Or perhaps this detail wasn’t thought through all the way…?

I’d be happier with an Absolution reboot where they just iron out some of the odd and illogical moments in its story. Like how Birdie suddenly betrays 47. Unless we want to explain it away that he’s just an asshole with a death wish, or is he playing some 4th-dimensional chess? Or it’s secretly to get Faulkner killed by digging too deep?

One aspect that can remain is the situation 47 was in. Otherwise, you don’t even have Absolution. That’s why it diverged from every game’s contract and target formula before it. [REDACTED] can cope and seethe over it. It’s still a Hitman game. They’re still free to dislike it, but that still doesn’t negate it as being a game… a story… involving Agent 47.

Seriously. I keep adding more to each paragraph as I mull over this post.

I can honestly say that Absolution was the game that got me into this franchise, and it has a special place for me, flawed as it is.

As for bringing 47 back… Nah. But I think a standalone game with Victoria would be acceptable. Whether it should be co-op or not? That’d be okay as long as the 2 players are working together. That’d be a very niche game and I don’t think that’d be enough to hold it up, unfortunately.

1 Like