Gathering of Hitman Absolution Fans

I have it for PS3. The point-shooting mechanic was cool but difficult with analog sticks. I did try to play it again at some point a year or 2 ago, but the frame rate seemed so slow/choppy to what I had gotten used to playing H1&2. It’s like it had a different feel to it, and I was not comfortable playing it.

I’m curious if I were to play it in a PS3 emulator if there’d be a higher frame rate. :thinking:

Almost all of the gameplay mechanics I liked… A couple, I think a lot of us miss. The point shooting, and hostage-taking. Oh yeah! Punching a vehicle as a distraction.

Who am I kidding? I even wish I could put my hand up by my forehead when passing some enforcer guards. But I suppose that’d defeat the purpose of enforcers. :anguished:

The story… Part rescue mission, part revenge.

I’ve said it before… (might as well quote myself)

One on hand I get what they were going for with some of the negative situations the NPCs were in. But also think they went a tad overboard with some of the other stuff.

If you think about it there are some (sort of) mirroring of events…

Dominic Osmond. Dominatrix Nuns.

There’s way too much to wrap my head around going down this rabbit hole (drawing parallels). So I’ll not bother…

Lenny accidentally kills Sister Mary. 47 leaving him out in the desert was far more cruel than just ending him mercifully. But he’d still potentially have a chance to survive. In a way 47 was washing his hands of Lenny and leaving his fate up to a higher power. Maybe…

Here’s something to ponder… Would Sister Mary have forgiven Lenny?

Not sure what else to say. It’s not perfect, but the gameplay/mechanic aspects were a near-perfect foundation for the WoA. Even if some elements were left behind.

3 Likes