Ambrose Island - Pre-release Discussion

they were quite clever about in hokkaido, as @Calvicius stated, they use some japanese instruments and layer the atmospheric sounds on top to disguise it. and imo the colorado tracks suit hokkaido way better, which is why it may go unnoticed

6 Likes

I’ll have to check later, but I did not expect to hear Hokkaido reuses Colorado music. I thought it was original!

3 Likes

This map looks to me to be pirate themed. That is the vibe the coloring and the atmosphere gives me :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I am happy we are getting a new map. I bet that takes a lot of assets to put a completely new location in the game. By judging the pictures, this map looks huge

But as other people mentioned, it looks way too similar to Santa Fortuna. It reminds me of a jungle version of Isle of Sgail. I have a feeling this map is going to be a hostile area in the suit. I don’t think they’re going to allow civilian to freely wander around. I just hope this map feels completely different than the Colombia level

7 Likes

If it is hostile all over then I hope for a Phineus* Whitmer* type master costume that more or less gives you free roam over a portion of the area.

1 Like

I think you are having an American moment because his name should be Phineas Whitmer, shouldn’t it?

5 Likes

I have no clue, but I’m sure you are correct! :joy:. I was struggling to even remember his first name and almost called him “detective guy.”

I’ll alter it.

4 Likes

Personally, I’m more worried about this being another Hawk’s Bay. A map with nothing but guards (and your unarmed targets) where not much is going on. Dartmoor was also a map that didn’t let you walk around in your suit but it was still an interesting map because there was a lot of stuff going on.

The first images of Rocky showed us that it’s a night mission with guards. Hopefully that’s not the only thing on it and there are some interesting stories and disguises.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, not only is it like Hawk’s Bay. is also an escalation with 6 Parts :sweat_smile:. And if you fail any of them you’ll have to wait 12 hours to try again from the beginning. It has plenty of complications, with a lot of instant fail :sweat_smile:. And if you’re a new player it’s going to be perfect for you because no one is allowed to bring any load out. all Getting equal experience :sweat_smile:
They’re using the same bodyguards es Columbia and the Raft escalation, so everyone should be with a Familiar with them and their shotguns, they are around 200 of them. And if you were able to complete it you will get the clown suit just a little bit change🤡.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the five-minute time limit. That way you’re encourage to play the map multiple times because you can’t possible see everything on your first try.

6 Likes

the same could be said of Isle of Sgail and that’s an awesome map.

2 Likes

I wish we could pay IOI to just make more maps.

3 Likes

I wonder if this new map is Khadanyang and the target is Jin Po. IO certainly have a few loose ends to tie up. The Church of Ascendants, the Hyperborea where we might have to kill the Partners’ successors. A mission where Byron Washington III sends a death squad after you, as it was mentioned he’s out for revenge after the death of his daughters - this could make a cool scenario where the upcoming Safehouse location is turned into hostile map in a Hunter and Hunted styled thingamabob. I don’t know. Leave me alone.

9 Likes

That would be nice. Or they could set up a petition giving us choices on what we would like to see next - new map, new suits, weapons, a nice little wig collection for 47 etc.

4 Likes

I might have missed that, but where exactly did those images show guards? Pretty sure there weren´t any visible in the trailer… EDIT: Ok, had a look at the trailer again and paused it. Yes, there are some what seem to be guards. Couldn´t see the bastards in the dark…

Don´t forget that IO tend to be (deliberately) vague and even misleading with their location trailers. The Colombia announcement trailer back in 2018 only showed jungle and gave absolutely no sign of the map eventually featuring a village, villa, or underground cave system. Similarly, Chongqing seemed like it was going to be a genuine civilian city map, and ended up being packed with guards and centered around a secret underground facility.

This crossed my mind as well and I´m hoping for it (yet at the same time not expecting it). It does give out vibes like it might be a fairly secret military base (or retreat) and seems like it´s located in Asia, so it would be a neat fit.

5 Likes

If there isn’t a challenge called “Ain’t Afraid of No Po-Po” then we riot. What makes it Asian? I’m not very good at picking up on geographical giveaways and whatnot.

1 Like

The topography seems to be pretty reminiscent of islands in Southeast Asia (or the Pacific) and as others have pointed out, the boats featured in the trailer seem to be Filipino bangkas.

It´s just an early guess though and it may of course turn out to be elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’m really curious how the execution of this map will be done. I know what it’s about from the leaks thread (no spoilers) but the trailer made it look way different than what I expected. So far it does look like Colorado x Colombia. Pretty sure most of it is hostile from what we’ve seen. That brings me to my only fear for this one: the civilized zones that we know of (see: part with the boats) will not be utilized as many expect. I hope IOI can compensate for that with the large boat and sattelite tower thingy in the background.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a fully hostile map for a change. Nobody wants that Splinter Cell/MGS experience anymore it seems!

2 Likes

Also. Where are these spoilers? I like spoilers.

1 Like