Ambrose Island, why using torchs?

Hello I do not understand why using the torchs as I have finished 100% of this destination without illuminated the places. Any ideas ? Thks

If you do not own Jarl’s Pirate Saber, you have to use the torches to light all of the braziers. Doing that spawns a treasure chest that contains the sword enabling you to complete the buccaneer-related challenge without owning Haven Island.

Edit: You can actually dig up a saber in the Colonial Ruins too.

8 Likes

Torches can also be used to ignite propane tanks, set off cannons, or light oil (for style). You can also light the big one with one. A fair few potential uses.

10 Likes

Now this is amazing and funny video. I haven’t seen it before. Great great job you did there.

I am amazed that even as a free mission they added a lot of new objects the wooden Torch, the durian, the hook and the molotov.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the MEAT FORK

Grey says “meet-ing” in a funny way. Inspiration for double meat fork kill. MEAT-ing. Lol.

2 Likes

The torch isn’t new isn’t it? There was one on Sgail to light the big phoenix thing.

1 Like

Yes but it is a different model!

1 Like

There is a lot of complaints about this level being too dark in places. Maybe that was intentional and they were expecting people to use the torches to actually see, adding a certain vibe and flavor to the level (aside from Easter Eggs). IO do think along those lines, believe or not, they think a lot about vibe and presentation. Not saying the torches are used like that though.

1 Like

Also — less cynically speaking than realistically and forward-thinkingly — remember that these guys are making a new game, and that new game is FOCKING Bond.

Simply observing as a non-programmer person, I feel like I can still tell that throughout H3’s life there have been a lot of new in-engine or in-game experiments.

They need to nail Bond, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were using every opportunity available to test new systems. It’s not often that we get a portable lighting object in Hitman … perhaps this was one way to experiment with their engine and see what it’s capable of? Or am I speaking out my ass here?

I tell you, if I could bring a torch with me into some of these past levels… holy moly.
Actually, the Molotov does kind of work as a mini torch…

And in Mendoza to light the Asado pit. They all have the same functionality as far as I’m aware, I remember using a torch to kill Corvo Black with some propane in a contract.

Ok Wolfhawk, is there a clue in the game that indicates that you have to light all the braziers to be able to find the sword ?

1 Like

If there is, I’m not aware of it. There is one brazier right next to a pirate’s grave, which is where the treasure appears when you light all 4 braziers. I didn’t work it out, but it’s a reasonable assumption to make that lighting the braziers does something (when playing a new map I think most people would suspect this). I actually own the sword and found the chest with the Buccaneer disguise in it, so I didn’t go looking for a sword.

there’s an easter egg about it.
they can make a challenge that ask us to use the torches to light all of the braziers. I don’t know why they didn’t. As I say many times, there is too few challenges in Ambrose.

Ambrose Island, why using torchs?

8 Likes