Any more good puzzle style contracts?

I just played the featured contract “Dead or Deaf”, it’s probably the best contract I’ve ever played. You just have to kill the prisoner in Marrakesh with shaman powder and the man who’s guarding him as the prisoner - but the twist is you have to kill the guard melee, so no knocking him out first. Maybe it’s a bit of a coincidence to do with the way I approached the contract, but it became a fun little puzzle.

I found that if you shoot the wall next to the guard you can distract him long enough to throw a non lethal melee weapon at the prisoner and drag him out of the room, but you have to do it on the wall furthest from the door, so that doesn’t allow you to change and take the guard out melee or the guy in the hallway sees you. That means he has time to notice the prisoner he was guarding has suddenly vanished and pull the alarm. But you can take advantage of the pandemonium to drag the prisoner to the body closet, throw the shaman powder at his head, and hide the body. But then someone hears the explosion and comes into the room, and you don’t have time to change and leave. But you do have just enough time to hide in the prisoner’s chair and wait for the guard to re-enter the room, at which point you can melee him, change and head to an exit.

Anyway it was really fun puzzling out a solution, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any similar contracts?

1 Like

Hey, glad you liked it, that is one of mine! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have a few in the featured tab that are puzzles. You can’t use the Search for it sadly but here are which site they are in the Featured tab:

Featured Site 2:

• Perfect Shooter Puzzle (Remix) by White-Half mostly
  • The Vespa With No Muffler

Featured Site 4:

• Corey Potter & The Sword Of Pandora

Featured Site 6:

• Süßer Die Nacken Nie Klingen
  • Where Patients Meet

Featured Site 8:

• Raising The Bar

Featured Site 9:

• Exchange Of Professions

There are some more but are not very much puzzles. These here are also a bit different to each other but you might enjoy them. :slight_smile:

Other people made cool puzzles too, maybe someone wants to recommend theirs as well.

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks, I’ll be sure to check them out.

I also immediately thought of @Urben’s contracts.

Urben, would you consider making a thread, or using this one, to share the specifications of your puzzle contracts? Especially those that didn’t make the Featured list (fo’ shame, Clemens!). That way they can be recreated for other platforms.

I know it’s probably a bit less straight-forward, but as you may know there is this SONKO (@Euler13 trademark pending) thread that collects contracts of a specific nature: Suit only, no knock-outs. Thought it might be cool to do something similar for puzzle contracts.

They’re trickier to define rigidly, but the ones you already made could be an inspiration for others?

Figuring out a puzzle contract is one thing, but creating a puzzle contract is on a whole other level. I think @Kevin_Rudd (especially with snipers) and WhiteHalf (can’t find him on this name) were pretty good at those as well. @SANY-72Q perhaps?

I mean we don’t need to recreate the featured ones, but I will one by one recreate these that should make it into H3 again. Just keep a watch on my activity in the regular contracts thread. :wink:

If that takes too long for you, here is a list of the H2 contracts I intend to recreate. You have to dig their details up yourself for now or as I said wait until then. :stuck_out_tongue:

• Mangrove Vines
  • Shah’s Brides
  • The Weak Link :white_check_mark:
  • 950 520 980 DØ2 :white_check_mark:
  • Smog On The Water
  • IV Bagging :white_check_mark:
  • Angry Bird :white_check_mark:
  • Dance, Tag, Jump!
  • Gustatory Climax
  • Transportation Confrontation
1 Like

But that’s so big! :stuck_out_tongue:
I think there definitely would be an audience for puzzle contracts specifically, but I won’t press you further. Thanks for the contract names!