Audio crackling issues

So I got Hitman 3 three weeks ago and the audio in this game crackles a lot.
I play on a base PS4 with headphones and there is so much crackling going on, it’s really annoying to play like this.

And no, it’s not my headphones. I don’t have any audio issues in Ghost of Tsushima or Watch Dogs: Legion - two other games I’m currently playing.
I also don’t have any crackling in Hitman 2, but in H3 there is constant crackling, it’s like listening to an old scratched record.

At first, I thought maybe it’s just me so I tested all kinds of stuff to see if I can fix it.
I tested different headphones, different controllers (since the headphone audio comes through the controller), tried different settings in-game and on the PS4.
Tested if there is a difference between playing online or offline, tried both frame rate settings, tried all the different audio settings, and different combinations of all those things, but nothing helped.
I searched the web to see if I can find anything about this, but I only found posts about the music cutting off, nothing about crackling audio.

I recorded several videos and the crackling is also in those recordings, which indicates that it comes from the game.
It’s also not on every map, Dartmoor for example almost never crackles. On some maps, it’s really bad - like on Paris, or Berlin.
I did check some videos of other players (mostly PS4 players) and many of them have the same cracklings in their videos.
The thing is, not everybody seems to have it, so I would really like to know what causes this and if there is something I can do to fix it.
Does anyone have the same issues?
And if any of you had the same issues and found a way to fix it, please let me know.

Below is a video I recorded in the Paris basement.
The first clip has only the Effects audio on. The last clip is Effects and Music.
The crackling only happens in Effects and Music. If you only listen to the Dialogue audio there is no crackling.

(I recommend watching this with headphones.)

Please let me know that you can also hear the crackling so that I know that I’m not going crazy.

This happens a lot on my PS4 also, started noticing a few weeks ago especially with my headphones. I hope it will be fixed in one of the next patches.

1 Like