Berlin crash while loading *every single time* (PC/Epic)

Hello,

by now I am really frustrated and I don’t know what else to do or to try. I don’t even know what the issue is exactly.

I was able to play Dubai and Dartmoor without too much of problems. Occasionally I had a crash directly to desktop but that was rather rare.

Now I wanted to play Berlin. And the games crashes every single time (no exceptions) when loading into Berlin. The level after Berlin (not shure what it is, is loading fine.

I am running a 5900x with a 6800xt using the latest drivers (21.1.1). I also tryed uninstalling them and and install the previous version (20.11.2) but the problem is the same. Today I tryed a fresh installation of Windows 10 and the issue is still there. My GPU is not overclocked!

The Windows event monitor shows me the exception 0x80000003. This yielded some google hits with people having the same issue but most of them were for Hitman 2. I found a reddit thread where users expierience this error with Hitman 3. Some have posted possible solutions and I tryed most of them to no avail. https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/l3ge9e/hitman_3_crashing_on_pc_since_latest_patch_error/

This issue seems not to be acknowledged by IOI and it also not listed in the “known issues” wich worries me since I don’t know if I can expect a fix soon.

One thing I tried that seemed promising is limiting the FPS to 30 in the AMD software. I then was able to load into berlin and walk around for the first time. After setting FPS limit back to 140, while still playing Berling, through the AMD overlay, the game crashed again after 3 - 4 minutes.

Is somebody else having same problems with a RDNA2 GPU? Am I the only one?

Yes! I have a 3700x and a 6800 and I get this crash every single time. In fact, most of Hitman 1 and 2 do the same thing. The areas that do load are

• ICA Facility
  • Paris
  • Colorado
  • Hokkaido
  • Hawkes Bay
  • Whittleston Creek
  • Dubai
  • Dartmoor

I haven’t tried lowering the frame rate manually, I guess 30 FPS is better than 0.

Bump.

How likely is it that dev will even read this post? It’s really frustrating having put money down for this and after the first two levels not beeing able to play anymore.

1 Like

Devs read and post here, so there is a chance they see your post and adress it. Your best bet is probably to post it in the official thread dedicated to such problems:

Hitman 3 technical support

Hitman 3 bug report thread

1 Like

I feel like if the new AMD cards caused this problem universally then it would be a well known issues, so it’s probably something else?

Have you tried making sure you downloaded all the files? Reinstall? A crash one the same level every time implies to me you’re missing some file and the game can’t execute it.

I posted an update in the tech support thread HITMAN 3 - Technical Support - #562 by MrBlarg

It’s definitely not a file thing, I ran Process Monitor to try to find anything like that and there was nothing out of the ordinary in the file system, registry, or network requests. Tweaking various graphics settings in both the driver control panel and in-game let it load and play. However, today the same settings are still crashing a few seconds to a few minutes of gameplay.

Update! I tried the TdrDelay trick and rebooted and then cleared both shader caches (clearing the radeon driver’s cache probably isn’t necessary, but it’s just a single click).

I’m now playing Congquing at 1440p @ 120+fps with all settings on high/ultra and anti-lag and enhanced sync enabled in the driver control panel.

From the reddit thread:

Simply go to: Start → Run → Type in “Regedit” and navigate to:
“Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers”
Create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit) for a 32-bit system. or a "QWORD (64-bit) for a 64-bit system.
Name it “TdrDelay” with a value of ‘10’ as “Decimal value”.
Reboot your system, launch the game, and the crashes won’t happen :smiley:

It only took all weekend to figure it out… Best of luck to anyone still dealing with this

2 Likes

Wish I could maintain 120fps all the time, lol. I can’t wait for the new cards to be more widely available.

It’s not all the time, but it ain’t bad. There are parts of the Dartmoor benchmark that pull it way down, but most of the time it’s pretty smooth.

Also I used Newegg Business, since they will actively message you when a product comes in. Just need a bit of luck and timing after that.

I have a 2070 and get anywhere from 60 to 120fps on ultra depending on what’s on screen, and the jumps back and forth feel like garbage. So I just cap it at 60, which stinks, but oh well.

This I also tried as this possible solution was also posted on the reddit page in my first post. Unfortunately this does not fix the issue for me!

I’m not shour about this since the exception was also present for Hitman 2 players a while back. There are several threads on Steam about it. But yes. I did a complete reinstall of the game and even tryed to reinstall Windows 10 freshly.

Sorry for my triplle-post I wasn’t shure how this forum works. Anyway… yesterday I limited the FPS once again to 30 thinking I just play that level like this and move on since the level after Berlin is working fine. I managed to come as far as entering the club but shortly after that it crashed even with the 30 FPS limit.

Today AMD released a new driver: https://www.amd.com/de/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

I have yet to try this new driver but the release notes state

Hitman 3™ may experience an application crash in the Apex Predator mission on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.

What is bugging me is the word “may”. For me is crashes 100% of the time. :frowning:

Ah, a real driver conflict then. That’s a shame. There was some game with that issue for nvidia RTX cards as well a while back but you could solve it by turning off a setting, forget what game. Anyway, wonder if there’s something like that you could do. SSR off maybe?

I got the same issue with the same maps. Do we have any solution ?

I used to have some problems with Berlin after eliminating the sniper but now I straight up cannot load the level. I too have an RX 6800