Best Syndicate for Hardcore Mode?

So, I’m thinking of starting the dreaded Hardcore mode in Freelancer once the patch arrives on 11th May! :grimacing: reason for that is because I’ve heard a couple of people have experienced a few bugs with the Prestige objectives in Hardcore mode, so I want to wait until the patch is live because I don’t want to experience any hiccups in the road.

Anyway, so my question is, which is the preferred Syndicate type to play in Hardcode mode? I’ve heard a lot of people advice ‘Assassination’, but it looks like there is a lot of the ‘Timed Hide & Seek’ and ‘Timed Disguise’ objectives in that Syndicate Campaign? I might be me and all the Syndicates probably have totally randomised Prestige objectives! :grin:

1 Like

Since the best advice for Hardcore mode seems to be ignoring any objectives except the Prestige ones, I’d say probably avoid Sick Games, Eco Crimes, and Psy Ops, as those can involve more accident-related objectives like collateral and such. Any of the others should be fine as they’d be more like blow open a safe or epic melee kill and such, when not saddled with timed objectives.

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter much. The prestige objectives aren’t based on the syndicate type, and you generally won’t go out of your way to accomplish any objectives aside from the prestige one (unless you want it to be particularly painful I guess), since there’s no penaly from doing so aside from getting less merces. So just go for whichever you’re more comfortable with, or whichever has the maps you want. Personally I went for any syndicate which had the specific maps I wanted for showdowns (I mostly used Paris and Miami) and rerolled the syndicate selection if there was none (by quitting to the main menu and reloading the save).

10 Likes

Yeah Psy Ops may seem ideal because of “distract target” however it’s only a matter of time til IO rewords that to “distract target or suspect”.

2 Likes

Psy Ops for the distract target objective making it easy to identify suspects. Poison objectives can also work this way, albeit less convenient than just bumping into people, so Big Pharma can be a decent pick too. Just make sure you leave a map with one of those objectives for the showdown.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not a bad shout to be fair. I’m likely going to stick to Assassination when the time comes! :grimacing:

1 Like

Any, really. Since prestige objectives are mandatory, those are the ones that truly matter.

Focus on maps. Choose ones like WC for the showdown. A place where you can keep things mostly in control.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m going to try and do. Whittleton Creek, Dartmoor & Mendoza are my go to for Showdowns really

5 Likes

I also use Chongqing whenever I can, because of its open spaces with good vantage points for sniping, and because of the secluded places where you can leave KO’ed suspects, and take their phones to other isolated places to draw the target to you. I’ve said it before, but the very thing I disliked about Chongqing in the main game - its lack of large crowds - is what makes it great for Freelancer.

4 Likes

Haven is also very good for showdowns.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t adjust the drones to function as cameras in freelancer with their security station being kept OOB.

3 Likes

You’re right on that to be fair, Chongquing is a good map for sniping! I’m hoping that comes up a lot when I start Hardcore :wink:

Forgot about that one to be fair. That’s another one of my go to maps!

I mean for the mandatory PO I normally stick to Arms Trakiffing.
Most of them are normally epic kills which most are silent. You really shouldn’t focus on killing guards are using explosives especially on Showdowns.
Read the other comments and yeah Pharma for posions can subtly tell you who the target is on Showdowns