Can I buy the ps5 copy to get the PS4 copy as I don’t have a ps5

hi if I buy the ps5 disc edition of h3, will the PS4 copy be a digital leaflet code in the case or do I have to start the game on ps5 to get the code.

Do I need a ps5 and the game installed to gain access to the PS4 copy or can I get the digital PS4 copy from ps5 copy then sell the disc

Regards

Not to 100% sure but I think they go with the “disc” must be in drive thing. When the PS5 disc is inserted, you can probably choose the version you want to install. That’s at least how other games handle it.

It doesn’t work that way. You can upgrade for free from PS4 to PS5 but you can’t do it from PS5 to PS4.
So you better buy the PS4 version and one day when you’re going to have a PS5 you can always upgrade it as long as you have the disc version or digital.

2 Likes

Ok thanks , IO did say they’d give all ps5 disc purchases a free PS4 copy so I guess this will strictly at the install stage, and not a leaflet with the code on it in the game case? In that case I’ll buy the PS4 disc

That wrong as ps5 owners can get free access to PS4 copy for the VR mode

Probably but it doesn’t make sense to buy a game for superior version for then to go back. Just my logic.
I really can’t answer about the VR because I’m not interested in that field but I remember reading an article title that had something to do with the PS4 but I can’t remember what.

It is how I said.
I am a PS5 owner and can speak from experience.
PS5 disc will be inserted and you can choose which version you want to play / install.
If you want to choose the PS4 version, you will get a download for a digital version from PSN-Store. But this version will always require to have your PS5 disc inserted.

TL:DR : No you can’t since a PS4 can’t read PS5 disc’s.

3 Likes

What? That’s not how it works on PS5.

That only works if you owned the PS4 version digitally previously. Otherwise it’s locked and tell you that you have to purchase the game from the PlayStation Store if you want to play the PS4 build.

Purchasing the PS5 version of Hitman 3 will get you the PS4 version, but that PS4 version can only be accessed on the PS5. It is done this way so that you can access VR without purchasing the PS4 version.

Purchasing the PS4 version of Hitman 3 will get you the PS5 version for free.

To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of Hitman 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital.

Source https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/08/hitman-3s-dualsense-controller-features-unveiled-plus-more-gameplay-info/

You launch the PS4 version on the PS5 by pressing the start button when you’re hovering over the Hitman 3 app, scroll down and select Game Version, then choose PS4 version.

3 Likes

Thank you to all

As I don’t have a ps5 so got the PS4 copy so thanks for helping me in this I even approached IO to no avail

You’ve all been great take care

1 Like

Yes, it works either way…

Buy the: PS5 STANDARD/DELUXE EDITION (DISC or DIGITAL) >>>

Get the: PS4 VERSION INCLUDED *DIGITALLY* (for PSVR experience) FREE

Buy the: PS4 STANDARD/DELUXE EDITION (DISC or DIGITAL) >>>

Get the: PS5 VERSION INCLUDED *DIGITALLY* (for upgraded graphics, etc.) FREE

For example, I preordered the Deluxe Edition of the game for PS5 digitally, and was able to go into my Sony PlayStation account online and remotely begin the download onto my PS4. My Game Library tab showed both the PS4 Version and PS5 Version of the game as if I purchased them separately, one after the other. For the disc copy, I would assume you would just have to insert the PS5 disc into your PS4, or maybe check your Game Library purchases on your Sony PlayStation account online and download remotely. Hope this helps.

Cheers and Happy Contracting!

Dakota