Canon Clues - Updatable Topic. Any help is greatly appreciated SPOILERS

Ye Novikov is the light rig for sure, using the method of getting rid of Seto beforehand otherwise he gets killed too if you drop the light rig.

The Soders one is the KAI method because he has multiple holes in his chest which only happens if you sabotage KAI. I double checked this by walking up close to him to check his chest because I thought the same as you that it could also be the blood method ha.

Ye like you said about Savalas though, she isn’t there either but it is a reference to a kill method in the mission. It is likely an amalgamation of 47’s memories and subconscious hence why the partners are in the place of Savalas by the clock window too and why Lucas Grey is on the coffin in place of Janus/47 and the way he also appears behind Novikov when he wasn’t there during the mission.

It’s meant to symbolize how Grey was pulling the strings behind Viktor’s assassination. Grey leaked the files to MI6 so they could hire the ICA to kill Novikov.

Grey being in Viktor’s assassination makes sense for the thing I pointed out earlier. But I don’t see a lot of connection between Zoe Washington’s assassination and Grey’s death.

1 Like

Not Zoe and Grey specifically. It seems it is a mix of 47’s memories of his previous kills and the guilt he feels about events and things he has done such as Diana’s parents killing and Grey’s death hence why he sees Grey dead. It is the most impressive/ominous coffin we see in the game and this section has Diana talking about his previous contracts so they combined the 2 together.

1 Like

Just like the devs stated in an interview, Andrea Martinez is at the auction in Paris. She hangs out at the top floor terrace bar. I haven’t seen her do or say anything, but I haven’t spent that long investigating.

Haha, does that count? Can you meet any other targets before killing them? Except the Constant, of course

2 Likes

Thanks Garamoth. Seen that one myself too. Still a good one though. I’m more looking for conversations about target kills and stuff like that which give clues to how they are killed but any info like that is great because they may talk about something beforehand which would give clues to how they are killed.

I actually think Martinez is the only target that appears in a mission before they are killed in a later mission come to think of it unless I’m mistaken.

1 Like

I have updated the video and the justifications below it to include the suggestions by @schatenjager @Sassthathoopyfrood and @JJoa74 for the Knight, Rangan and Yates kills.

I’m am pretty convinced now that the fan method is canon for Rangan base on what I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Isn’t Kalvin Ritter’s death by 47 not the actual event though? It was just an actor who played him. His canon death by the ICA was likely the lifeboat accident, but there’s no evidence to say that that’s how 47 killed him too.

The contracts in the facility are all fake representations of real events, but 47 had nothing to do with them

1 Like

I believe Janus choked with pillow when 47 disguised as the nurse is canon. The embalmer in Sgail suggested that his body was perfectly unharmed. I don’t remember exactly what she said but it’s close.

3 Likes

We all know that’s a lie and canonically Soders died by Hitmine .

But if H16 was a movie then as a director I’d pick the one when 47 reveals himself to Soders, who dies in a heart attack. It certainly is the most cinematic method, and perhaps the best one in terms of narration.

4 Likes

Yeah, it just seems like IO makes canon the kills that are the most “advanced” or memorable, relatively easy to guess which are canon that way

2 Likes

Haven’t seen the Knox’s here, so I think that pushing Robert on Sierra’s Car is Canon, since some News Report stated that they just died Minutes from one another.

2 Likes

That would be the most spectacular choice for Miami. There is obviously no confirmation of a canon kill for Miami but there are some canon impossibilities.

Canonically Mosee Lee won the Miami Innovation Race. You can hear that in the Colombian level on the news broadcast (good old Pam Kingsley). That excludes all the podium opportunities/the meeting between the two targets. The same broadcast announces the death being ruled as “tragic accidents”. It’s in plural, so that would unfortunately excludes the two in one method (sorry).

The most complex kill in Miami is to retrieve the car bomb and message in the security safe, place it on Sierra’s Car, disguise as a Lee mechanic, call Robert Knox, meet with him, give him the detonator, have him kill Sierra and then pushr him over the edge (if not he immediately flees in his helicopter).

All being said, the canon confirmed kills are mostly ones that are complex but backed by in level intels, no “true” improvisation. Which is the method taught by the tutorial levels, and certainly 47 in-universe canon methodology. (disclaimer : this observation is dependent on the will of the true master of the canon : IOI writers, if they announce that every targets was taken down in unfortunate propane flask accidents then it will be so)

2 Likes

For Ritter and Knight, there are two separate “canon deaths” that we can discuss. There is the original, historical canon of how Ritter and Knight were actually taken down (Knight by Soders, in fact) and then there is the staged training mission “deaths” that 47 took part in.

The dialogue in other missions regarding ejection seats and accidents all refers to the “deaths” that were part of the training facilities and we largely have no intel on how the original, historical missions played out.

It’s cumbersome though to always have to note that the Knight and Ritter deaths were the training mission versions of the real guys so we just understand that when we say Knight and Ritter we’re referring to the 47-caused “deaths” that were part of those training missions.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you can use “within minutes of each other” as a verification that 47 pushed Robert onto Sierra’s car though. The way news reports go, if they died 15 minutes apart they could still say “within minutes of each other”.

2 Likes

If we go by the rules of this thread for how to find canon, Knight’s mission happened as follows :

-the real one, made by Soders, was by using the ejector seat. @Sassthathoopyfrood posted why : the canon story published by IOI (https://www.ioi.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Overachievers_A_Hitman_Expanded_Universe_Story.pdf) (the events of the story are referenced by Diana in Mendoza when she goes to speak to Dolores Powell)

-the training one, made by 47, was also the ejector seat. Another dialogue by Diana in Mendoza confirms this (you can have both dialogues in the same run). In the same time the training level clearly presents the method as a surprise and unorthodox.

All of that brings the one and true reality of the hitman canon : is canon what is fun to write for your story. In 2017 during the writing of the one off is was fun to reference the ejector seat as a gentle wink to the level. In 2021 it was also fun to reference both the one off and the ejector seat in mendoza.

Hitman have some hard canon, but the rest is akin to the build of its levels : a bunch of tools to revisit, winks at and have fun with.

5 Likes

Claus Strandberg canonically dies during his live interview, as confirmed by a guest at the exterior Himmapan Hotel bar. Due to 47’s affinity for accidents, Strandberg likely died from being crushed by the moose and not the camera bomb.

In Mendoza, a guest speaks of how Rico Delgado disappeared off the face of the earth. The only assassination method I can think of that would make sense for the guest to say that, is feeding him to his pet hippo.

7 Likes

Thanks Buttons. If I recall that was in Patient Zero wasn’t it?

1 Like

I think it was Club 27 but I can’t be too sure, been a while since I’ve overheard it.

1 Like

Oh, regarding Ken Morgan’s death, don’t forget there’s the method of having him and Jordan Cross meet in the lobby, and the latter pushing Morgan out of his suite window.

1 Like