Cantonese dialogue in TLHA not translated?

in hitman: contracts during the mission “lee hong assassination”, there’s a conversation between tzun and lee hong in cantonese, has anyone actually successfully translated the conversation? i would like to know

Sadly I don’t speak or read Cantonese. That said I don’t believe it’s real Cantonese, however just gibberish. The are many parts of the conversation, that sounds like broken danish with heavy asian accent.

I can be mistaken, but the fact that there are plenty of words and phrases you can pick up on, if you speak danish. Leads me to believe it’s nonsensical gibberish.

2 Likes

I’m not a Cantonese speaker; I speak Mandarin. However, according to someones knowing Cantonese well, basically their most lines are acceptable Cantonese sentences, but a bit strange and stiff, and had been translated to Mandarin: 《杀手3契约》香港关部分粤语_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

3 Likes

There was a translation somewhere which I remember reading years ago, but off the top of my head I don’t remember where. Apparently the conversation revolved around some gambling habits iirc, but to what extent it was accurate or not or whether the convo itself was authentic, I cannot say (seeing as I don’t speak a word of Cantonese either). I’ll post it if I find it.

Edit: I think this was it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/hkntpj/transcript_of_hitman_contract_dialogs/