Challenging myself

After being somewhat vocal (for me at least) about how much I don’t like playing suit only and how much I don’t like using fiber wire, I’ve been challenging myself to do both of those things. I’ve been playing the game from the beginning using only the Black Dragon suit and using only the fiber wire to kill the targets.

The rules I’ve set for myself are:
Only targets can be killed.
All targets must be killed via fiber wire (except one)
Nothing can be brought into the level except the wire (not even a pistol).
Silent Assassin must be achieved in every level.

So far, I’ve gotten through Santa Fortuna and I’m half-way through Mumbai. Everything I’ve needed I’ve found in-level so far. Every target except Soders has been killed with the fiber wire and I’ve not changed out of my suit at all. I’ve only fired one bullet so far (at that truck in Hawkes Bay to start the fire).

Following up on several conversations I’ve had with other players, Fiber Wire isn’t as terrible as I thought it was (but I still think other methods are better). Suit-only is legitimately challenging at times. Lockpicks are not necessary and I’ve yet to encounter a locked door that was truly an insurmountable obstacle. I’m enjoying doing this while I wait for next season!

12 Likes

if you want to fire 0 shots, you can distract the guards at the boat in hawkes bay by throwing a grenade near them like an explosive coin

4 Likes

according to speedrun community’s rule on “fibre wire”, Sodes must be killed by throwing the heart into the trash bin or exposing yourself to him.
I am also challenging myself with the following rules:
no loadout
no pacification
melee kill
hide all bodies
master difficulty
suit only
silent assassin
start the mission from the default starting location

I’ve done with it in Sapienza, Bangkok for H1, the whole H3 and nearly H2(except for Mubai, Segal and Hevan)
I was working on Hokaida yesterday night and I found it really hard.
No pistol available without pacification, nor can I shut down the cameras from the security room, which makes it nearly impossible to gain access to the heart with the camera in the way.
That is pretty fun to challenge, and truly a tough journey…

4 Likes

I’ve never tried but does the peek a boo trick work on these guys? If so, go to one corner, do trick to lure one guy. And continue around to lure the next and then the next thus not needing anything except fiber wire in that level.

1 Like

I may try that. I don’t mind using items if they’re found in the level, but I want to do it without ever firing a gun. Hawkes Bay so far was the only one that I used the pistol on so if I can get those guys out of the way with either a grenade (found in panic room) or by luring them behind the SUV, that would do the trick.

2 Likes

I did Soders via the heart. Since you can’t fiber wire him, i figured that was at least a direct melee alternative.

When you say “no loadout”, are you saying you can’t even bring the fiber wire in? Where do you find a replacement in a level like Hokkaido? As far as I recall, there is no wire (or alternative) found on that level so you’d have to at least bring the wire with you, wouldn’t you?

I’m not currently trying for a “no pacification” play through but I am hiding all of the bodies.

4 Likes

You can easily do the one in the Morgue by coin luring or even just quickly running behind the guard and then destroy the evidence whilst you still can.

1 Like

Hawkes Bay is done. I ended up using the grenade but I did confirm that you can lure the guys if you’re really careful. I wasn’t and didn’t feel like doing it again so the grenade stands. That makes every level through Mumbai now using only the fiber wire and no gunshots at all.

3 Likes

I did the Trilogy with no Hud/Instinct/KO on Master this Summer. Good stuff. Sapienza was indeed the most challenging.

2 Likes

Yes, no fibre wire allowed
I finish the killings by “melee kill”, which includes throwing the target down the edge, killing them with a knife (or kanto, starfish, letter opener, etc) and neck breaking ( I mean QQQQQE or XXXXY, donno how to say that in English)
Fibre wire has an advantage as less noise, and leave it could be a part or the challenge

As for Hokkaido, I attracted Yamazaki into the bathroom in her room and broke her neck. But I have no idea how to deal with Sodes with “no pacification”…
There is a scissor in 47’s room, but I have to dash into Jason Portman’s room at the very beginning of the level so that I have no time to fetch it.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense then. I chose to fiber wire every target because I’ve been so vocal on this forum about hating fiber wire. I’m now through Dartmoor and working on Berlin but every level has been completed SA, Suit Only (which I also hate to do) and only fiber wire kills (except Soders). No gunshots, no tricks, no glitches. I’m enjoying it!

3 Likes

I tried it. It does work. I lured all three away separately. You can make it easier if you have more weapons and drop them so they take them away.

3 Likes

You can also throw the chloroform flask at the guards standing by your getaway boat.

Obviously not for SONKO, but for No Shots Fired, sure.

3 Likes

Mission accomplished. All targets killed via fiber wire, never changed out of the Black Dragon, every mission completed 5 stars, no shots fired, no loadout other than the fiber wire.

9 Likes

I just came back to say this is what makes Hitman such an excellent replayable game/trilogy.

SONKO Master runs are so much fun.

3 Likes

Congratulations!
might be a little late tho…but I just want to let you know that my challenge is nearly done, only Paris, Marrakech and Colorado left.

3 Likes