Changed content from 2016 Beta and post-release modifications

So originally in H2016, Margolis and her assistant (Hailey Brennan) would discuss a different subject each time they connected during their routine loops, provided the auction wasn’t disrupted. If I recall right, this would take up to an hour for them to cover every possible topic.

At some point, this was broken in a patch where after the first conversation, Hailey and her lover guard would then escape to the boat extraction point regardless of whether the auction was disrupted or not. This basically eliminated any chance of 47 overhearing all the possible topic discussions.

Now, the early escape “bug” appears to have been fixed. But, only the Prime Minister Ingram topic seems to play first and ever.

2 Likes

Yeah better report that as a bug.

When Bangkok was first released in 2016, the backyard shed contained a security room where you could delete recordings. It was very easy to get to even suit only. It was removed a few weeks later iirc

Also, in Paris there used to be a wooden box to hide/put bodies in the corner of the balcony where Hailey and the guard do their thing. Removed sometime either before the release of Sapienza, or before Marrakesh. It made one of the early escalations very easy lmao

7 Likes

If I recall correctly, there was a toilet door just out of frame to the right of the mechanic in the 2016 beta where you could hide the body. Looks like they moved it directly in front to make it more obvious.

I think this effect applied to non-targets as well. I’m not sure what conditions needed to be met for this to happen. It might have been the first pistol kill of each playthrough. Does anyone remember?

1 Like

I’m sure some of the people here who are familiar with what the post-release patches changed can help me find an answer to this.

I seem to remember that when first playing Club 27 sometime in 2017, the ‘calling room service’ thing (that allows you to easily get a Hotel Staff disguise) worked differently than it does now. You could take out the two workers who showed up to 47’s room and then call room service again to have another pair show up. This essentially provided you with a (seemingly) endless supply of people to knock out (and throw from the balcony, if so inclined).

Replaying it now, it seems that as soon as you take out the MALE of the pair that shows up (ie the one whose suit you can steal), the prompt to call room service disappears and any further rapid decline in the hotel worker population thus becomes impossible.

So, was this indeed a thing that was patched, or am I just misremembering how this worked (if it worked at all)?

2 Likes