Could you kill anyone anywhere in Hitman and get SA?

yes, but when its a guard u can not let him shoot or fight you.

Incapacitate him/ shoot him 3-4-times in a leg with Kruegermeier and than thrpw banana at his head.

2 Likes

Lmao nice. I’ll have to try that out.

Mumbai and Paris really suffer from crowd NPCs counting against you in 2 and 3. I’m trying to get the bar chandelier to fall on him. How do you get them to flee?

Btw I’m kind of wondering if I could fibre wire Novikov from the attic at the start with some careful kalmering. Thinning I could do that?
I think my disillusionment comes from not liking some maps. Like Haven and Paris I was playing a lot of and they have problems with the large amount of crowds and viewcones. I don’t know if I even like those maps anymore lol. Miami, Berlin, Sapienza, Colorado, Dubai, Hokkaido, Dartmoor and Marrakesh are where ya at.

It was definitely a bug, but once I had a real combat and got SA.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a bunch of crazy hard contracts, and have so far been able to complete them all SA, even ones I at first thought I’d never be able to. But you have to get creative. Drop a gun so that guard nearby leaves to stash it. Drop a briefcase so your target picks it up to take to a guard, leaving that crowded room. Place a trail of coins to chain distractions to give you more time to act, or to lure your target exactly where you want them to stand. Purposefully stand in the view of your target while trespassing for just long enough for them to get suspicious and investigate, but not long enough for them to actually detect you. And if all else fails, bump into them, drop a coin (as in with the drop key/button) and then immediately pick it up and throw it as far as you can. They’ll usually follow the coin, which you’ve thrown outside of what would be their detection range.

2 Likes

Wait the fetch trick has returned?

Also thanks for the advice. Playing Dartmoor a ton and loving it, I feel your advice works great for that level since it’s just one target so you can really experiment with it because there’s no risk of shitting the bed for the second target.

I think so, I’d have to test it more but I’m sure I’ve used it a couple of times, could have been a coincidence though. Another trick that you may know about if you know the fetch trick but has got me out of more than a few jams - if you shoot twice near a civilian NPC, as long as they don’t see you in the first second or so, they go into panic mode, meaning they will no longer see you and catch you tresspassing, voiding your SA. Of course they’ll go off and get a guard so get out of there quick. And glad you’re enjoying it.

1 Like

There’s always a new kill to find, even in main missions. Mess around, see what happens, don’t think so hard about things! Many of the most creative and cool discoveries were found by accident. You’re stressing too much, this is just a video game.

I hesitate on how to best offer advice, but just never be afraid to try any idea, no matter how stupid it seems. You never know. Thinking you need to get a “good” run (whatever that means), or trying to compare your ideas to existing strategies too much will put your thinking in a box.

Not to toot my own horn, but I discovered this particular Ljudmilla lure in Haven just today that I haven’t really seen other players try before. Not a world record by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it’s a cool kill for what it is. https://youtu.be/sGNVrPZuXP0?t=110

And if you’re sick of main missions, there are always contracts and escalations to try.

2 Likes

That’s great stuff, and thanks, really enjoying myself now trying to do SASONKO runs without stressing too much about being a pioneer. Great run btw, you got anything unique and cool like that in the pipeline for Paris and Mumbai?

Their reliance on this kind of trickery is a big reason I don’t play contracts mode that often. I’ll load them up, see a target that doesn’t move in the middle of a crowd and say F this and quit. I know some enjoy it, but it’s just not for me at all, and like 8 out of 10 contracts seem to do that.

IOI require a little of this for escalations and some tricky challenges, but to a much smaller and better planned degree.

2 Likes