Covid Vaccine Thread

My side effects for shot two were nothing serious. I did get a fever that started about 7 hours after the shot. I took 2 Advil and slammed extra glasses of water. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was freezing and my fever was back. More Advil, more water, and I grabbed the extra blanket. I woke up in the morning and felt fine enough to go to work. Hit the bar around 2pm and staggered home in time for online poker at 7:30.

8 Likes

I was injected today with the AstraZeneca. Till now, I just feel a little pain in my arm, but besides that I feel good :relaxed:

9 Likes

That’s great news! Is the AstraZeneca a 1 shot or a 2 shot vaccine? We don’t have that as an option in the States so I don’t know much about it except that it was developed in conjunction with Oxford University.

4 Likes

It’s two shots. I have to get another shot in may and than it’s done :relaxed:

4 Likes

May isn’t so far off. I’m glad you’re 1/2 way done, and hopefully the worlds governments can keep making people’s arms sore so we can all get back to some normalcy.

I haven’t been to Frankfurt in over a year now I really miss it, along with some of my other usual destinations.

2 Likes

Iran’s gov: We “might” start vaccinating in June “if” we succeed in phase 3 of our national vaccine (Russia’s Sputnik with an “IR” badge on it.) Assholes.

4 Likes

Yikes dude! I’m sending some thoughts and prayers your way. I know less about the Russian vaccine than I do any of the others but the EU may approve it soon so at least that would make me comfortable taking it.

2 Likes

Got the Pfizer just yesterday. It went quickly, but my shoulder hurts quite a bit today, can’t do any weight lifting. No other symptoms, but that’s not surprising for the first shot.

5 Likes

Got my very first shot of Moderna this past Wednesday! Second shot will be in early May. No symptoms on my end, aside from a very sore arm where the injection site was.

8 Likes

My friend recently got. She said she had fever, but that seems like a common syndrome. I hope it will go away soon.
EDIT: She feels better now and could stay home after taking it, so there is some nice benefit to it.

7 Likes

The Twin Sister and I are getting our first dose this week. That’s all, I’ll update when I get my second dose.

10 Likes

Just got back from getting the first round of the Pfizer.

They converted our local convention center into a clinic so it’s by far the most people I’ve been around for over a year. Even spaced out it felt weird.

Going in for the second round in three weeks.

11 Likes

Getting part 1 of the vaccine this Thursday, will probably update here after. Here’s to hoping this thread gets more popular :+1:

12 Likes

It’s great more people are getting dosed up!

8 Likes

Good luck to all those booked in for theirs! I’m in the 30-40 year old bracket so not 100% sure when they’ll be calling us up here in the UK, either way I’m looking forward to getting it done and hopefully getting back to a bit of normality.

7 Likes

ok got the first dose! arm has been sore, but that was expected. also been having nausea since about 2 hours after it. maybe i should’ve looked to see if the syringe was green huh :nauseated_face:

9 Likes

Did you get a look at what the person who injected you looked like. Was he bald?

6 Likes

it’s a possibility…he was wearing a hat :flushed:

5 Likes

Oh no! Good to hear you got your first shot, but I hope you feel better soon and you don’t have too many side effects from it :frowning:

5 Likes

Forgot to update but a week ago was my 14 days after second jab.
I am now fully vaccinated and using that to do literally nothing because I’m still an introvert WHOO HOO

14 Likes