DEFINITIVE POLL: Is the Deluxe edition worth it for you?

Anyone know if deluxe pack going to come out in gaming stores in cheap price?
Im not see this in any sites…over a month…

Hitman 3 seems to still be in its prime release window so any kind of discount won’t happen for a while. I expect fall at the earliest. Hopefully I’m wrong and it’ll be sooner.

Also given it sold really well compared to Hitman 2 they won’t likely do any major discounts either.

1 Like

Yes for at least a good full year. Everything goes on sale eventually. I’m so happy Hitman 3 sold well. I hope it keeps going strong so we don’t have to wait too long for major new content.

1 Like

I mean, what do you want them to do really? Games like Fortnite make billions selling cosmetics, so it’s not like people don’t enjoy that, and there’s only so many genuinely different melee items you can make.

2 Likes

I have to agree. I never got the complaint about re-skins. Adding a legitimately new item requires new animations, new mechanics, and potentially new graphics (aside from the object itself). I expect that almost every unlockable item is going to be based on some other existing object. Even the suits are essentially reskins so complaining about the fact that unlocks are just old items with different models is pointless.

Most of us, I assume, only use 3 or 4 items consistently anyway. How may different pistols, melee items, or other tools do we really pick. I know I typically use one pistol, one coin, and one lock pick pretty much for every mission unless there’s a really good reason to pick something else (like a sniper rifle, for example).

I pick one suit (the lee hong one now) and rarely use any other. While it’s nice to have the other ones in the inventory as a sort of trophy case, I don’t use any of them. I “could” get by with one pistol in my inventory, one distraction, and one lock pick and I’d be fine with that.

I like the deluxe content. Is it worth 30 bucks? I don’t know, but it’s not worthless. I wouldn’t expect that the deluxe escalations are any better or worse than the non-deluxe ones. I would only expect that they’d be playable only by people who bought that version.

• The Art Book: is not very good at all. Might be better if a physical book but the art is somewhat uninspired. I’d have liked to have seen more of an evolution of the trilogy and behind the scenes design development theme. So I don’t even really count this.

• Soundtracks: Are nice, and nice to have the pack included. But I feel like most people who really want the soundtracks would have paid good money for these as a separate package and a lot of people who bought deluxe could take or leave these.

• Directors Commentaries: Are great but I’ve listened to them once, enjoyed them and probably won’t listen again. Besides, many of the points they cover have now been done to death in interviews and reviews since launch so they don’t exactly reveal big secrets.

• Escalations: Are the real meat, and they are more content than your usual special edition exclusive weapon/outfit but less than Haven and the Bank (or arguably even than the four special assignments from H2). I know the escalations take a lot of time and effort to build but I can’t help feeling a commitment to a years worth of deluxe escalations (1-2 per month perhaps spreading weapons and suits across these) would have been more of a “must buy” selling point that a couple of virtual freebies and 4 escalations that will be complete within 2 months of launch. Commitment to 1 year would have had people still upgrading to the deluxe version six months in, whereas as things stand we - fans - are having this conversation now and feeling underwhelmed before the match roadmap is even out…

11 Likes

The fact that the March road map shows that the “last” deluxe escalation is not the retro suit and weapons combo that was previously leaked and in the game files makes me think there are further escalations to come with suit/gear rewards. Whether these will be deluxe edition exclusives I guess decides once and for all whether the deluxe edition is good value or not. 6 escalations and a slow drip feed of extra treats = good value. 6 escalations and then the same as all other players… Nope.

I think it’s likely we’ll once again be seeing brand-new challenge packs. I think they’ll have a suit (and item) reward when you complete all associated challenges, as in the past. We still haven’t gotten photo challenges in the legacy maps like they mentioned in an interview, so my suspicion is there could be a photographer challenge pack, plus some kind of paparazzo suit.

Travis says the opposite.

https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/1367498250052321285

8 Likes

Wow. It’s such an easy way to provide content. I’m stunned.

So the camera is even more useless, and they also didn’t follow through with Legacy camera challenges. Even more sad.

1 Like

Considering all the data they have, I think there’s likely a good reason they’re focusing more on escalations and ditching challenge packs. It kind of bums me out as I liked challenge packs, but escalations must be much more popular.

3 Likes

I haven’t even finished any of the new escalations, to be honest. They’re trying, I guess.

Shame.
I liked challenge packs more than escalations.
Though both not that fun to play, for me at least.
Both are one-time things. Played once, earned a reward (or challenge) and well forgotten

Yeah, sad indeed.
I personally knew from the very first second when I learned about camera that it will be another useless item.
How much we use it? A few times for first two H3 missions, then it becomes additional inventory item that only makes harder to choose items from the inventory carousel. Herewith it’s added to inventory in all missions without an opportunity to get rid of it because of its uselessness.
Needs to be tweaked, I reckon

4 Likes

It was useful in Chongqing too, but that’s about it.

Are you talking about that suit I think you’re talking about? :wink:

Deluxe players are either going to have access to more rewards though unannounced escalations, or they’ll be more Escalations giving all players access to new and upcoming nostalgia suit rewards, very much like the Corky the Clown Escalation.

I’m still trying to determine at what price point I’ll bite and get the deluxe upgrade, or how much extra content would make me buy it.
I saw £15 for the upgrade, but it’s not swaying me. If there was a new level (bonus or otherwise) then that’ll probably tip me over

Pretty sure the deluxe pack is what it is, they’re not adding anything beyond what’s announced. So decide what 6 pretty good escalations and the soundtracks are worth to you.

1 Like

Another tempting option is buying it for those classic suits/disguises unlocks from previous games. Fans of the classic games will jump straight for the Deluxe version like I did :wink:

2 Likes

I thought the Deluxe Edition would bring to people the whole experience, with all DLCs and stuff, but it seems like they’ve chosen to make additional content separated from the launching editions.

While it could be a good idea on the paper, making this DLC content only escalations and cosmetic items instead of deeper content like Bonus Missions is a risky move that divided most of the fanbase about buying it or not.

I think this DLC could bring interesting elements around the Seven Sins Theme, but at this point it barely makes it appealing enough to justify that kind of price :confused:

I hope that HITMAN III will get a better treatment in the future and being filled with more concrete and interesting content :+1:

For a more detailed response, check this topic: HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC) - #1157 by PatteDeFruit

Cheers!

2 Likes