Did the last entry feel too short?

How the hell did you beat all 6 maps in an hour what??? I took me like an hour for each map first time through, maybe im just slow

I was referring to the story part, not the whole game. It generally equates to about an hour from my experience. The entire game from Dubai to Carpathian Mountains takes about 7-8 hours to complete iirc.

Nothing against SUMO though the only Thing Santa Fortuna gave me (Aside from the Music) was a Showcase on how you can make over 250 NPCs with not more than 10 Faces (Not even considering the 1:1 Clones.)

Romania meanwhile had:

• Rusty Gear

• Armored Enemies

• A very, unique Atmosphere

• An (Obviously) Great Target

2 Likes

Hidden cargo?Never heard of this mission…:grin:

1 Like

My bad, Deadly Cargo :stuck_out_tongue:
Was still thinking of Hidden Valley :grin:

1 Like

diana is getting a bit stale…

the betray 47 but not really is a cliche’ at this point

1 Like

For me Hitman 3 was way too short a game.I played the game in one day,whereas most of my other games that I have take days or even a week or so to complete.This was dissappointly short!

NONE of the levels in the entire WOA trilogy are “incredibly polished”.

This comment aged well. I mean Freelancer.

3 Likes

Sure they are. Hey, there’s always spots missed when polishing.

2 Likes

Look at a screenshot from Hitman Contracts:

And one from Blood Money:

And here’s one from Silent Assassin:

Compare any of those three with this from Hitman 3:

“Polishing” can mean more than just game play, though I would argue that Hitman 3 (and by extension 1 and 2) have much more enhanced game play than any of the predecessors. There is absolutely an argument that Hitman 1/2/3 have polished levels, particularly when compared to the earlier games (graphics technology not withstanding).

8 Likes

So… are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? Because I was disagreeing with @47Agent.

Agreeing that they levels are polished.

But compared with the past, H3 still has a lot less details than the previous work. I can’t list them all, because there are too many changes. For example, syringes can inject food, not just people. And you can hold someone with a gun and stun him or use him as a shield.Of course, I don’t deny that many deletions are good and applicable to modern games.Let’s talk about the picture performance. I think this is what every 3D game manufacturer should do. After all, not many people will play the picture quality games of decades ago in this era.But it is also undeniable that the picture performance and optimization of H3 are much better than other games.

I think the game mechanics are different, but not less polished. The rules are stricter, for sure. A given device may only be used in specific ways. I could agree that lacking an option to squirt poison from a syringe onto food is odd, especially given that a liquid from a syringe is far less noticeable than a pill from a bottle.

Polishing of a game doesn’t necessarily mean more options to do things. I take it to mean refinement, more structure, more definition. That is certainly the case with the World of Assassination trilogy over earlier games.

6 Likes

Those are not caused by a lack of polish. Those are gamedesign decisions. They had the human shield in there in the Alpha initially, but opted out, probably to simplify and because it’s not really relevant to the sort of gameplay they were going for. Having the one poison for injecting and one for food was probably, like a lot of items, to further challenge players and inspire creativity by restricting their uses.

It’s a mistake to conflate the depth of polish with amount of features. The WOA trilogy goes way beyond the old games in game design and polish, there’s no comparison really.

5 Likes

Likely balance as well given in combat the, only advantage the guards have over the player is normally numbers. Preventing enemies from attacking would of really removed that especially paired with regen health

Just to be clear:

Level design is the phase of the game development process that deals with creating the stages, maps, and missions of the game. The overall purpose of level design is to create interactive situations or events within the game environment to challenge the player and keep them engaged. Level design brings together all elements of the game to shape the player experience: game mechanics, gameplay, obstacles, story, and so on.

So that includes all the bugs and glitches still present in the game (new ones + the ones that originated in Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 that carried over).

The polish in the WOA trilogy is comparable to the polish that the furniture gets in the Himmapan Queen Suite from 47 disguised as Hotel Staff. We’re Ken “The Brick” Morgan in that analogy.

“Mmhmmm… I dare say this so-called cleaning was rather superficial wasn’t it?”

“Passable.”

1 Like

I suppose referring to bug reports as evidence of an unpolished game is somewhat subjective too. There is obviously a finite list of concrete and evidenced bugs that the game has, but some players will encounter more or less bugs than others.

I have personally seen things like the bug in Haven where NPCs inside the mansion can see things through walls that they shouldn’t. It’s not a game-breaking bug for me.

I have seen the issue with Grey not being in the boat entering Sgail and that also isn’t a game-breaking bug (heck the less of Grey the better for me).

I have never encountered a bug where the game outright crashes. I very rarely, if ever, have connectivity issues. While I know others have seen those types of issues, I haven’t.

To me, at least, the game and the levels/maps are a lot more polished than previous games were. Others obviously have a different point of view.

Like I said: spots get missed. Doesn’t mean the rest of it isn’t pristine.