Did the last entry feel too short?

im glad hitman 3 was a quick but good fart rather than a long and tedious diarrhea of the same formula

1 Like

For me such bugs are annoying. It’s an expensive game, so I kinda expect that such things work. The bug in Haven for example is annoying because I lost SA because of it, the one with missing Grey makes the game look ridiculous (no matter if people like him or not, a boat driving away by itself shouldn’t be included in such a game like Hitman). But I agree with you, that some people can overlook it, others can’t :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I can (by my own admission) overlook a lot. Unless the game is actually crashing, I’m usually OK with it. I’m also an ex-programmer so I know how bugs crop up and I see how easy they are to introduce and then overlook. It doesn’t excuse it, by any means, but I get where they come from and why they may still exist even in a triple A game.

5 Likes

Damn, @schatenjager, I’m starting to wonder if you’re my doppelgänger. We think essentially the same way about Hitman at critical points, and if I remember correctly, you even live in Arizona, my home state. Are you a version of me who slipped through a membrane from another reality?

LOL! Well I’m originally from Chicago, but yeah, I’m in Phoenix. I’m not shoveling snow anymore.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Guns debate that turns into right wing propaganda

In America, we can eat a burger WHILE shooting a gun. I just typed that response WHILE shooting a gun. I typed this response WITH a gun, now I’m shooting it. And eating a burger.

1 Like

Doubt

4 Likes

The last entry has one more level coming though! I have to reserve judgment until this interquel or prequel or whatever it is comes out, then I can decide if H3 is too short. Right now if feels shorter but not too short… but that’s bc I know another level is coming so I just have to wait to decide.

1 Like

Well, arguably (getting back to the original question), the 3rd part of the trilogy did feel shorter than the first two. I won’t say it felt “too short”, just “shorter”. Those aren’t the same thing though. To say that a game is too short means that when the game is done, the player would feel like they paid for more game than they got. They would have an honest impression at the end of the game that they needed (not wanted) more game due to the cost of the game, the shortcomings of the plot, open threads that were never sewed up, etc.

I didn’t feel that way at the end of Hitman 3. I felt that the game was wrapped up in a natural way and actually provided more plot content than I expected. Prior to Hitman 3’s release, I did not anticipate the plot thread surrounding the ICA’s downfall. I expected it would wholly concern Grey’s betrayal (turned out to be wrong on that) and the takedown of Providence (handled in the first two maps, basically).

Despite the last map being smaller than originally anticipated (20 mastery levels versus 5), I didn’t get the sense that Hitman 3 was supposed to be More game than it was. The 7 Deadly Sins DLC didn’t feel like filler material to add content to a game that was unfinished at release. Despite the anticipation for it, even the new map has been questioned as to how it is supposed to fit into the plot given that there aren’t a lot of open questions that players have come up with.

In short, no, the last entry didn’t feel too short, it just felt shorter.

4 Likes

If H3 is short, I don’t know what the 7DS DLC is…

1 Like

It’s exactly what it was marketed as. Additional content that wasn’t tied to the main plot of the game.

Edit: If you look at a game like Mass Effect 3, it Needed DLC to fix the game. The additional endings that were added actually finished that game. The Fan-made DLC to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 was needed to actually finish that game. Conversely, the DLC for Hitman 3 wasn’t required to finish off the game. It was actual add-on content like Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption or The Citadel content (also for Mass Effect 3). Those didn’t expand the plot really, they just added more playable content to the game that had no impact on the plot (for the most part).

1 Like

Short

12 Likes

You know, you should have done this right at the beginning of the thread. That would have saved us the whole discussion.

2 Likes

Visualization helps. :rofl:

1 Like

Technically speaking, since Haven and New York were DLC to Hitman 2, there should be another little guy standing there and Hitman 2’s guy should be around the same height as Hitman 3. When Hitman 2 was released, it ended at Sgail.

If you want to get really technical, you could make a case that Hitman 1 should be 9 really little guys since each level was released separately, 1 medium guy for the Patient Zero campaign, and a sort of transparent guy with a blue hue for the Sarajevo Six (which was only on PlayStation).

1 Like

But even without Haven and New York, Hitman 2 felt “bigger” than Hitman 3 IMO

7 Likes

Oh, I agree, as I put in one of my earlier responses. I feel that Hitman 3 was shorter but not necessarily too short.

Side note. I’ve apparently posted more than 20% of the replies to this topic! Huh!

1 Like

This may be caused subjectively by IOI. After all, these modes are not played by too many people, and will not bring benefits to IOI. IOI has always been a poor man who can make good things in my eyes, but when he has no money, he will choose to delete some things.Also, I don’t think EGS is stingy to give his exclusive game an online permission.

EGS had nothing to do with ioi dumping Sniper Assassin and Ghostmode. Both of those modes were dead. No benefit to ioi to keep supporting them if only a handful of players were actually using them.

4 Likes