Do NOT play freelancer yet; random crashing multiple times

Xbox Series X, just spent around an hour messing around on New York on a showdown mission. Took down target and started cleaning up my optional objectives. Randomly crashed back to dashboard after opening a loot case. Game crashed to the dashboard earlier this morning for my girlfriend as well after finishing her first mission, luckily when she started up Freelancer again it considered the mission completed and it put her back in the safehouse. This shit isn’t finished folks, proceed with caution and play at your own risk.

4 Likes

Just wanted to add : I also had multiple crashes on my Xbox One. Usually at the exit, before the score screen. The game still saves progression for when I start back, I just spawn in the Safehouse as normal.

So, not an isolated issue.

5 Likes

Same here, it has crashed on Xbox One for me before the score screen can appear or one time while waiting for the safehouse. The loading screens can lag a bit also, not sure if that’s related to it or not. Anyway you’re not alone.

5 Likes

Yep happened to me on a showdown!!! :triumph:

2 Likes

Didn’t have a crash on Series X yet. Only played for about six hours though.

2 Likes

I got only one crash on PS5 in a few hours, but it was in the safehouse, so it didn’t do much.

1 Like

Haven’t had a crash yet. Level 20 (ish) on PS5.

2 Likes

Hm ok, so a lot of other Xbox players having the same issue? Thats not good, but atleast that may mean it’s something on IOI’s side that they can fix. Does anyone else here who has had crashes have the new DLC packs installed as well? I wonder if that may be related?

1 Like

On PS4 I had 0 problem, but on Pc (Steam) I’ve ran into some problems.
At first launch the game crashed when I tried to load freelancer, otherwise it worked as intended.
Integrity check solved the issue,could play an hour or so with no hiccups. Dunno if possible for xbox, but if so worth a try, right?

1 Like

It continues! My game crash almost every game session! Was it solved for you?