Does playing Bangkok suit-only feel like an unfair challenge?

Dubai gets a lot of praise for being quite flexible yet still immense and complicated.

Your best bet is the Cake Topper and Cake Smother Kill. You can do this with distractions, coin toss, or as I have discovered, it is relatively easy with Pistol Leg Shot Panic.

Also you can transition quickly to the Cake Topper immediately after poisoning Morgan’s middle plate.

Be warned though: The Cake Smother is NOT an Accident Kill. Stash Jordan Cross in the box before leaving!

2 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed doing this mission suit only and then confronting cross in the default suit.

Always feels weird doing it dressed as a chef whatever.

It’s difficult but doable.

7 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like in most maps there’s kind of a clear suit only route, because the levels are designed around Hitman’s costume mechanics. There are exceptions of course, but on average I feel like I’m always climbing the same pipes and whatnot. Bangkok is no exception.

Mendoza has one of my favourite suit only exploit kills that can take a few retries to get working but it happens IMMEDIATELY after starting so you don’t waste too much time by restarting.

Basically you drop a remote explosive device a little bit down the road before talking to Diana, when the cutscene ends you’ll notice a guard is distracted and picking up the bomb giving you a free poison syringe kill chance.

Then it’s just a case of getting to the mansion and offing the old guy.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I had never considered this angle before, but now I think about it I agree 1,000,000%! It’s funny because it’s true! :laughing:

4 Likes

I agree with that.

Problem is there is not much variety in suit only infiltrations only in Bangkok. I know what route you are referring to and I can pull it off easy. However, good luck infiltrating suit only from the stairs, backside of the hotel and anywhere else that isn’t the bridge.

4 Likes

I would have to disagree with that.

Paris has so many suit-only routes and methods. Yes, there are easy methods like every map, but there is still a lot of viable routes you can use suit-only without feeling like you want to break your controller. Sure, the number of viable suit-only routes compared to the number of viable suit-only assassination methods is heavily skewed in the former’s favour, but at least you could get very far into the different sections of the level without needing a disguise. You had the freedom to choose. That is what makes Paris so good.

The key thing is consistency. Every map (other than Bangkok) is very consistent in its rules and design principles. You can do suit only in a lot of the differing routes the different maps have to offer, but Bangkok will always be the purple cow of the group. No matter how hard you try, you are forced to use the pipes to get to Cross. This is what I hate about Bangkok a lot. There are very few infiltration routes and the level is very linear, compared to the intricate and beautiful mazes that all the other levels turned out to be.

What I love about Master mode was how disguises weren’t as easy an option as they were in normal. Master mode added a lot of enforcers and they can surprise you in the the most unexpected situations, even if you are aware of them through previous play-throughs. Hence, the motivation to use your suit more often may prove easier and more effective in the long-term.

3 Likes

I mean, you CAN find other ways to route suit only for these maps if you want, if you’re the type to do little challenges you set up for yourself like suit only and fiber wire or whatever. I’m not that type, but I enjoy watching them on YouTube sometimes, so I get it.

However if you’re just trying to unlock the SASO challenge and otherwise play the game normally, I think there’s usually pretty obvious suit only routes to take that the devs likely planned for. Not all the time, but usually in my experience. But hey if you feel different, all good.

You don´t even need distractions actually. Just wait for the wanker on the left to go to the window and you can sneak to the table and place the topper easily. Same for grabbing the topper in the kitchen - there´s always a window.

I´ve actually had more trouble killing Morgan with the poisoned food, cause the bastard wouldn´t die several times after eating it, and I had to restart :joy: Guess it´s bugged atm? (happened to me once with Yates as well)

I think the plate he picks to eat is randomized no? So it’s just a matter of waiting until he picks the right plate.
Anyway, for Morgan a falling lamp is more efficient I think.

1 Like

I’ve played every map suit only about one time (to get the achievement for doing that). Beyond that, given that the disguises are such an integral part of the game, and have always been, I have no problem using them.

Sometimes there are particular rewards for using a specific suit as in a contract or escalation where it’s required, but for the general maps, I don’t see the point.

1 Like

Could be it, but he seems to always go for the middle one. On one account, I waited for him to see if he actually chooses a different one, only to watch him take food from the poisoned plate without dying :confused:

Yeah, the lamp is also good.