Interested in what you think of the new access control mechanics to various doors.
We used to have keycards and card reader doors everywhere. The advantage to me was
- clear naming and color coding of cards and doors
- you probably find a lab keycard close to a scientist
- option to bring a scrambler
- keycards highlighted in instinct
Code locked doors seem to have replaced most doors that would have been keycard doors in H1/2
I personally do not like this feature
- entering the code is clumsy
- no idea where the code may be noted
- the code might be on a post it on a whiteboard, but then again there are tons of copy and paste whiteboards, so you have to zoom in on all desks and boards like an idiot
- after some playthroughs, you will just know the codes by memory, so all that remains is the clumsy code entering mechanic
Camera overwrite doors
- very cool new feature if used well
- overwriting doors and panels seems a legal action which gives a lot of freedom
- shines best when e.g. tinting windows in the ICA facility and hacking workstations
Imo standard doors should have stayed with keycards. The code doors are like the permanent shortcuts, it alters the game beyond a single playthrough once you memorize the codes.
The camera should be expanded but the handling could also be improved. I also wouldn’t have called it camera. Taking pictures is the smallest aspect of it.