Elusive Target #1: THE DECEIVERS (Year 3: 12 - 22 May 2023)

Can we agree that at this point Elusive Target are not so elusive to most of us, who are hanging around this forum from 2016 or even 2018 and on? I mean, sure it was a challange back in a days when The Forger dropped in Paris for the first time and it was like day or 2 to finish him. Now, THAT was elusive to annoyance level for working folks. Elusive non the less.
Change to formula from 48h to 9 days, or even longer if I can remember re-roll correctly was a good change. But I remember very well, when IOI said that every target can only be killed once. Allright, that was ok - it was in 2016. 5 years ago. From that time, we had re-roll of those targets in Hitman, and Hitman 2 for multiple times, now in Hitman 3 I see again those “one time exclusive targets” for the 3rd time at least. Even then - I’m not mad on them to recycle old content, I actually would like to see all old content in H3, bc why not?
There is however BUT:
BUT:

1. If ET’s were meant to be 1 time content…
    1.2. … and ended up beeing cycled timed content…
    1.3. … many times througout 2 previous games and not as it seems throughout the 3rd/
  2. And if this is the final Hitman game, that concludes 5 year trilogy…
    2.2. … and we probably not be seeing any hitman game for next years.
  3. Then why even bother to release those things for limited time only again?

I would like to play them, see the environment around them, watch their dialogs and roleplay, try different things, not going every time for silent assassin because of some challanges or something. Make them finally replayable, add them to special assignments tab or anything. It was 5 years guys, there is no such thing as one time elusive target enymore. Well, actually there was one truly elusive target and that was Gary Busey. And that’s fine, live him there dead, why not. There are more then enough content in ET’s for game to live on.

15 Likes

I agree with the sentiment, my burr bud. In general the appeal has worn off from ETs being a timed deal. I hope IO eventually just reuses them every week because many of them are really cool missions to just be playing them once.

Also, the situation of no real new ETs is getting ridiculous. here, for example, is the third time most of us kill these two.

2 Likes

Is it still a thing that you will instantly fail the mission if you pacify the client?

There isn’t a client in this ET, is there?

Either way, the only fail conditions for this one are dying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: pacify whoever you like

New challenge? Pacify every NPC in the map except the targets. They aren’t allowed to find a body. Only then you’re allowed to kill them.

Edit: I actually did this for Colorado on one of my first runs. Just because I wanted a save-game with only the targets left. Did all the kill challenges with this save game :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The guy with the white glasses and white hair I meant

Don’t tempt me with a good time :wink:

Oh, The Guru’s client, not our client. Gotcha. Nah you can pacify him, I did it before

2 Likes

Yoy can pacify him and the lawyers without failing the mission. Only in H2016 there were fail conditions related to them. Since H2 this was removed.

2 Likes

So, here’s my Playground of The Deceivers. It went pretty well for the half of it, until I got spotted Trespassing. I’m still pretty satisfied with it, looking at the fact that it was *almost blind for me, on purpose of course, since for the latest ET’s I just looked at MrFreeze’s Videos and copied it, so with no risk of losing out on unlocks for me, I just went for it.

*I did actually played the Guru already. He was infact my first sucessful ET, after I messed up The Chef, so I didn’t really were much better back then. Actually I just looked around for him for half an Hour, until I suddently saw him, upon which I unloaded about 8-10 Shots in his Torso and escaped gunsblazzing.

Anyway, here it is:

3 Likes

It plays the same track after watching all the briefings. I really like it, I prefer the more subtle menu theme like in 2016.

4 Likes

The first of many SASO No Ko Fiber Wire on ETs to come.

22 Likes

Anthony Troutt may be a congressman, but he still respects the value of a nice shiny coin :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Some genuinely great strats in there, GG

11 Likes

Thanks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The path he takes at first is RNG, he’ll either go to the ocean view room, straight to the wine room, or to the library. Library is the best pick for what I was trying to do.

Pulling off a fiber wire kill with an explosive distraction to move the VIP guards is satifsying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Any speculation on which ET we can should expect next month?

maybe The Stowaway on Sgail

5 Likes

Honestly I don’t see any rhyme or reason to The Deceivers so predicting next month would be hard

I’m still bummed they never used his disguise change mechanic in H3. They seem to use ETs for testing out interesting new mechanics but they never seem to make it into main missions

11 Likes

they also had that riot crowd mechanic (where you can hide bodies in the crowd) in Siberia, i was hoping they would use it in Berlin or retrofitted it into Marrakesh… but i guess not

13 Likes

I’m really disappointed that my progress on the elusive target V challenge didn’t carry over, I was 14/15!! Now I have to wait another half a year to get the fricking suit.

1 Like

I’m still so disappointed we didn’t get any guns with shockwave ammo in the main game :frowning:

5 Likes

no fun allowed, sorry

8 Likes