Elusive Target #21: THE EX-DICTATOR (Year 3: 14-24 July 2023)

Ugh I remember how annoying Combat was in 2016. Guards were just nuts and even Torben admitted they went a bit overboard at the time.

They nailed Gule too.

6 Likes

Pulled an accident kill by accident (involuntary #TeamNoRestarts heh)when I left a propane flask just in case I’ll need it later by tables near the bar not knowing that Richard can smoke when sitting there. Surprisingly no one else died and I retained SA. Later on I went for an easy kill to avoid messing up SA by placing another propane flask near the place Inez sits down in Abel’s room and shooting it from the adjacent room.
With some tweaks I could probably turn that into a SASO route, but I’ll have to wait until they come to the ETA to try that out.

Just out of curiosity, Diana mentions that the targets haven’t arrived yet when the mission starts, where do they first appear? When I started the mission I ran to the back of the hotel since that was the only other point of entry I could think of beyond river and underground entrance in basement. However, I didn’t see anything special and noticed through instinct that guards were already set up at their location.
Do they start somewhere else or was I just too slow?

This was also my 12th ET and thus I’ve unlocked the Undying Look, though I don’t see myself using it a lot because Ashen Suit just looks better imho. Hitman 3 really has a powercreep problem with all those new unlocks.

It’s been a while since last ET that wasn’t used in the Arcade before the “real” run, which was a nice blind experience for me and am hoping Freelancer can replicate the same feel of not fully knowing what to expect. Maybe it’s time to look into community ETs in the meantime.

3 Likes

Alright, this is done.
Good things I already knew about the hostile area, if not, knowing myself I would have been caught in it.

I did a first observation run to look for safe(ish) opportunities.
During it I found (and acted one) what would become my final run.
So, accidental #teamnorestart here ?

I still wanted to test a few other things. On a second run, I sedated the Ex-Dictator with a syringe in the Beauty Camberwell Lounge, since this is a clear opportunity. As a test for a potential lethal syringe in the finished run.
The objective would then have been to eliminate the Gold Digger when she’s in the first floor, in the gardens, maybe with a propane flask if she smoked, maybe something else (restaurant chandelier). But she just moved between the Medow Brown Lounge and the Cocktail Bar, not coming back to the gardens.

This still allowed me to confirm that the waiter disguise is certainly the best for this ET.

In the end I went with my first plan, a propane flask on their restaurant table. It’s safe (I thought nearby guard and waiter NPCs would be too close, not lethal close, but knocked out, SA losing close,). But it works fine.

And it allows to start and finish with a suit. Not for RP, but Bangkok is the map for being caught off guard by an enforcer. At least for me.

Sorry about the quality of the capture. I forgot to start it, so this is the “record the previous two minutes” tool from the Xbox.

In the end, it’s safe, and doesn’t require to run since this is part of their repeatable loop.
(@RedSneakyFox method was my backup strategy, but is time limited, the time window is short, one off, and with a bunch of potential enforcers)

I think, but I’m not sure that there is a way to propane flask them while they smoke : The ex dictator smokes in the Cocktail Bar, while the Gold Digger is at the same time in the garden. If she also smokes there, I think it is possible to take them both in a synchronized manner.

5 Likes

Felt really good seeing this Elusive Target appear once again after so long. I recently installed HITMAN a few weeks back and looked at my mission track record - I sucked badly back in 2017 :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankfully, my ET records are all SA now so I’m glad to see my skill/knowledge of the game improve after all these years. Time to take these guys on once again!

1 Like

This is nasty, she’s puking in the bread lol

Decided to take them out with the Blackballer, since it’s the first time I had it for this ET.

3 Likes

I just took the boring route and Molotov’d them out back and used the Tuk Tuk to leave.

I already played this (and most other ETs) to death when I finally got a decent PC a few months ago and started using Peacock, so now the Y2 ETs are just about me checking off the challenges as I continue my march towards 100% challenge completion on my PS5 profile.

1 Like

So so so happy they brought these guys back and I can’t lie they’re still one of my fav contracts in ET

NOW IO PLEASE BRING THEM TO ARCADE SO WE CAN HAVE THEM FOR GOOD

just no restricted loadout :disappointed:

1 Like
8 Likes

Damn, I wish I thought of this when doing my run. I was racking my brain so hard trying to figure out a way to headshot them and SA before I gave up lol.

1 Like

Won’t surprise me if there’s a complication for the arcade version of this mission where the guards can one-shot 47.

1 Like

Hey, just because I called Molotov broken doesn’t mean I can’t use it while it’s in this state, right? I mean, this is technically legit, right?

14 Likes

Important reminder - leaning is not blending. Keep that in mind when hanging out on the balcony of the rooms where the targets hang out.

5 Likes

Something I find interesting with this ET is they preserved the individual challenges for The Ex-Dictator and The Gold Digger like they were in 2016 instead of doing a single combined challenge like The Deceivers and The Procurers.

After my screwup with the Molotov in The Procurers I’m not touching the damn thing in an ET again, and played it super safe with a taser+propane combo on my main account. On two of my alt accounts I got spotted and almost died, so I played it safe with the taser+propane combo on my third alt. Now I only have one account that has a pristine ET record (all completed successfully with Silent Assassin - not counting missed ETs)

5 Likes

going to make my own vid for this ET.

well done luke and yeah i don’t bring the Molotov aswell

1 Like

Can anyone suggest a way to take out Inez? I’ve managed to take out her husband but every time, she loops between the bar and her seat, never the garden. So maybe next attempt I’ll take her out first.

I remember thinking this was a chore the first time I did it.

Now I did the ridiculous “fire a calmer/sieker at the molotov for a fire kill without an explosion” -kill on them just to see how over powered it is, and fucked off.

Here’s my playthrough.

4 Likes

Ok, I’ve got a strategy, and I’m gonna try it soon, but I need some input from someone who might know this before I proceed. As I described in an earlier post, I’m gonna try to push Richard off the balcony in that room near where Abel de Silva hangs out, and then use a lethal syringe on Inez. Here’s the issue: I know now, from doing some reconnaissance work last night, that there is a point where Richard goes into that room next to the bar alone, with no guards, to take a phone call. A couple of pre-placed coins will lure him over to the balcony where I can shove him off, no problem. However, Inez…

Here’s what I need to know from anyone who might know: does Inez actually follow the pattern that existed in H1, and go into that room after a few minutes, looking for Richard, and if she does, is she alone? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then I’ll proceed exactly as described, but if the answer is no, I’m gonna have to use a propane flask to deal with Inez, and I’d like to avoid that if I can.

Ok, nvm, Inez definitely doesn’t go into the room looking for Richard at that point in the mission, so I’m gonna have to throw a propane flask into the room where she’s gonna sit and the Chuck the Big One firecracker next to it, blow her up, and escape before getting spotted. Technically I already did that, but I got caught trying to escape so I disconnected and restarted. My strategy had been set, now I just need to successfully carry it out.

Success. Got them both exactly as described above and promptly got outta outta there with no one the wiser. Didn’t think I could pull this one off while adhering to my parameters of perfection, but I did it.

3 Likes