Elusive Target #24: THE APPRAISER (Year 3, 21 - 31 July 2023)

I’m wondering if I should do a no loadout no ko run like the Ex-Dictator, a fiberwire no ko run, or one of those “immersive” no running ones.

The No Loadout one has been done a trillion times and usually uses the generic oil tank kill or chandelier kill, the fiberwire no ko one has been done but I haven’t seen one without utilizing emetics so maybe I’ll do that, BUT the immersive run would be a change of pace for once.

2 Likes

It’s a very different kind of challenge and gameplay, but I have found that the Chandelier crash (with the winch) when the targets looks at the Cloud Serpent rather interesting to put in place.

Hint : Blake Nathaniel is too close and will be caught in the drop if nothing is done.

Well she done blown up real good!

1 Like

This one was too easy to cheese it since she smokes. So I started at the default with the Arkarian suit. Contemplated doing it Suit Only, but got to a point where I figured I’ll just get a (Raider) disguise.

Lockpick
Krugermeir
Greedy Coins (smuggled)
EMP Device

I first encountered the Target when she was about to smoke, so I placed the EMP device down, and she picked it up. The 1st step in the plan was active.

I waited around near the chapel. She had 1 more cycle before I could get her to follow a couple of coins into a puddle. I also dropped a coin for her bodyguard so he didn’t get zapped. Triggered device (Target Down), then climbed through the window. Tossed a coin to get the other Raider away, and got the ledger… Then exited by climbing down the ladder… You know the one. Took near 20 minutes, but felt more accomplished since I didn’t take as easy/quick of a route.

If they ever get that ET Arcade marathon mode… They could have a roulette kill method for each target! :hushed:

1 Like
6 Likes

SASO run that took place mainly in the helipad area.

I had to find the right place that wouldn’t get me spotted to shoot the tank tube (since that seems the only way to make it start leaking) and after a couple of tries I’ve found out that there was one behind the boxes near intersection between the chapel and the main building (idk if I explained myself right).
After setting the trap it was just a matter of time to want for her to smoke while I went to get the ledger in the meantime by distracting the guy near the painting and make a dash for it while the other two npcs had their backs turnes (I even had to wait longer than usual because the dialogue between the two custodians reset at the end because the target came into the room right then, changing their pattern).

All in all it was pretty fun, it does feel like this is the 5th time I had to deal with her (probably because of the arcade mode) but the SO challenge added a bit of flair to it.
Can’t wait to have the same feeling with the Iconoclast, even if I’ve never done her in ET mode before! (Also I am open to suggestions for fun ways you mess with her, I was thinking maybe something to do with the winery area?)

2 Likes

Not really in the mood these days since I’m currently finishing another game, so I just did the usual thing of having her set herself on fire, SASO.

2 Likes

Not so Silent Assassin

7 Likes

Satisfied with the way I killed her last year, so didn’t raise the bar this time and wiber fired her in a disguise. Easier than my previous run, yet still pretty clean IMO.

2 Likes

Elimination target by shovel

2 Likes

Anyone know if the target-related Challenges are live yet? (Currently at work so can’t boot up and check for myself.)

PC still don’t have et challange

2 Likes

Could they be withholding the challenges on purpose and will only hand them out afterwards and only to players that actually beat the ET in one go with suspected Alt-F4 denied challenges?

No, I doubt that. They did not do that previously, why would they start now.

6 Likes

iirc when the ET challenges are missing, they usually show up about mid-week. So probably still a day or two to go.

1 Like

Honestly can’t tell whether you’re a deliberate troll or just an absolute nutbar.

7 Likes

I’m gonna be honest I would prefer if there no SA challenges to begin with if you already elminated the target once beforehand, the y1-y2-y3 challenge is just restricting creativity and forcing you to go for safer plays instead of doing more risque ones without worrying about losing challenges.

6 Likes

@Clemens_IOI Any word on the missing challenges on this ET going live soon?

7 Likes

Best not to put off playing through otherwise you might run out of time without realizing or go through a long-term network failure depriving you of time left.

1 Like