Elusive Target #7: THE LIABILITY (Year 3: 26 May - 5 June 2023)

Isn’t this particular situation led to Fail?
Something tells me it’s exactly that.
I didn’t test and don’t want to for obvious reasons.

As far as I remember “Go To Menu” only works if you physically disconnected from the Net.
If it was just a disconnection while you’re connected, I believe Go To Menu will result in a fail

1 Like

Unfortunately, failing a target means they’re locked off forever, even if there’s a reactivation.
If we still aren’t getting permanent ETs yet, that definitely needs to change, especially since Re-runs were never intended or implied from the start.

Also I just realized I didn’t play this yet. Ooh boy time to think of a fun kill method…

3 Likes

@TheChicken I completely agree that needs to change thanks :+1:

1 Like

Managed to get it done.

2 Likes

Hmm, I would assume that since it’s a non-intentional disconnection, the game probably regains its connection while the prompt is displayed, which then resulting in the game being still connected when returning to menu, but the mission is never finished, hence the fail situation.

If that happens to me, I will cut off the connection of my PC/console, making sure it stays disconnected completely. Then maybe restarting a ET will become possible. Thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think whether it disconnects from the internet or from the servers, or whatever else disconnects it, going back to the menu will allow you to restart.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen two versions of the “you have been disconnected” message during an ET, one of them says ‘you will be able to restart’ the other says ‘you will not…’ But no matter what, it always let me restart.

Quitting to the menu manually I think fails you. (even if no objectives have been completed)
Though don’t quote me on that. I haven’t tried it myself and am not interested given the system we currently have.

1 Like

Nah, I think only quitting to the menu manually after at least one target eliminated will result in mission failure. Something like if you kill the Collector but lose SA while retrieving the painting, you may only restart by manually disconnecting the console. I believe you may quit to the menu as many time as you want before the kill.

5 Likes

Ah, then good.

With how restrictive the ET structure is, I somehow thought that the moment you start the ET, you’re locked in, and if you quit, that’s a fail. And the only way to get around that is a close game or disconnect internet.

5 Likes

Well if the ET has to be that restrictive, there wouldn’t have a restart option at all. It will be uncomfortably inconvenient to have only one try when many things could happen. (disconnection, real-life stuff, etc.)

3 Likes

@YellowZR1 @TheChicken I just can’t clearly remember, but I think we had a bunch of messages like “why I failed the ET if I was disconnected from the servers and went to menu” on the old forum couple of years ago. Again, I can’t assert for sure it was the real case, but something tells me it was.
Either way if it happens to me personally, I’ll never hit Go To Menu. I’ll always try to reconnect.
Or will disconnect myself physically and only then hit Go To Menu.
Just to be safe, you know. Because it’s too risky, I think

3 Likes

Purposely public shot in the head with Ica in Rolf Hirschmuller disguise.

3 Likes

thats metal as fuck, nice unique non sa kill

2 Likes

I see a lot of people saying “The Liability” looks an awful lot like Toby Jones. I can see that, but I also think he has a striking resemblance to Archie Bunker from the TV show “All In The Family.”

11 Likes

5 Likes

I totally see it! Chesterfield and “Archie” both even got that cleft thing going on

It would have been really cool if “The Liability” referenced “All In The Family” as one of his sitcoms he likes to watch. It would have also been neat to see someone do some kind of kill on him with the “meaty bone” since the guy who plays Archie always calls this one character a “meathead.”

Of course the meaty bone isn’t lethal so it would have had to of been where you smack him in the head with it close to a ledge but still.

Ah dang, I would have done that had I known about it. I think hitting him with the bone from behind makes them fall forward 100% of the time?
I tried to sedate him near a ledge but he fell to the side instead, so I had to manually kill him. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh man that sucks lol at least you got him though. That’s what’s important! But I do believe hitting a person from behind with any (non-lethal) blunt object would have the same effects. Just the meat bone would have been oh so fitting for “Archie” dudes always sitting in front of the television too :laughing: just like Mr. Chesterfield.

1 Like

Maybe, I know things like the Bone or the Goldbar uses a special animation of hitting them from behind the head. Ah well. Maybe I’ll get my revenge in the desired way if we’re ever allowed to replay it.

2 Likes

Hopefully! Yeah, I would love it if all the elusive targets we have ever had would one day come back in one big DLC package! IO could even release them, but make it an option to also play them and post them like in Contracts Mode with certain restrictions (kill target with in time limit, hide body, use X to kill etc etc) or we could also choose to just play them as is. How cool would it also be if with every single target, when we beat them Silent Assassin / Suit Only we get an identical replica suit they wear for 47? Heck, even the women’s outfits lol how cool would it be to run around as 47 dressed as “The Angel of Death?”

Would fit in very nicely in Dartmoor :joy:

8 Likes

Also, here’s my attempt at the Liability.
This one I didn’t really have anything fancy planned, I just forgot to cut it together.

(I wanted to sedate him into the slurry, but NPCs falling is kind of RNG. Bit sad I had to drag him in myself. It’s SA though so that’s cool.

4 Likes