Elusive Target Arcade

Politician SA SONKO

3 Likes

Alrighty let me rephrase myself the Early Adopters range from the first Elusive Target ever on May 13th, 2016 to the last one in the original batch on July 24th, 2017 when the original ET Batch ended.

Reactivations didn’t happen til AFTER the GOTY Update on November 17, 2017.

You still took part in IO’s Concepts you just jumped on when the original Physical release back in January of 2017.

Anyone apart of that initial “Year 1” of support and met the criteria got a coin if you met the criteria.

I only used Episodic cause I jumped on when the game first was released back in 2016 and completely forgot about the plethora of re releases that happened.

1 Like

My reply was in response to your original post:

Which was wrong. No big deal. I think the point I was trying to make wasn’t clear. You made it seem like they were a gratitude thing. I was trying (apparently badly, lol) to point out they weren’t, they were part of PAID DLC. You had to pay $20 for the GOTY edition upgrade to get a set. Hopefully that makes more sense

Except you’re wrong, the ICA Coins were applied to accounts when the GOTY Update was released and didn’t require a Paid DLC to obtain them since again the GOTY Update was a free update.

All things considered the coins and my personal belief behind them was they were gratuity from IO. Unless some post indicated that people would of received these long before their initial reveal back when they released the notes for GOTY then I still stand by my claim since IO didn’t have to release these coins to begin with.

The fact of the matter is, there isn’t a clear answer on why IO did this, what is known is this award was made specifically for people who met the criteria to earn it. The Coins were always meant to be limited and by no means currently meant to make a return for people to earn unless transferred from HITMAN 2 into HITMAN 3.

7 Likes

I was wrong about that. My bad.

Agreed. I was never debating that point. I actually said the exact same thing in a recent wishlist thread on here to someone else asking for ioi to re-release them.

My original post was in response to you claiming they were specifically for early adopters of the episodic content who “trusted” ioi’s concept. Which was wrong. My DLC comment was also wrong. Two wrongs make a right so we’re actually BOTH right. So win/win. :rofl:

That’s quite a discussion you’ve sparked.

I can tell you that the “ET Marathon” idea has been discussed informally, but it’s generally seen as having limited appeal. It’s not impossible, but very unlikely to formalise.

In terms of solving the ‘unlocks problem’, I already have ideas for some of the unlocks that are currently not available in H3, but were in H2.

When it comes to the ICA Performance Coins, they’re not up for grabs. If you didn’t ‘earn’ them when we gave them out, they won’t be coming back elsewhere. There’s definitely a delicate line between what we make available to everyone (and I’m generally on the side of making things available) and I see that reflected in the comments - but there was definitely an element of rewarding and thanking players who supported the H1 release and playing the ET’s attached to those coins, and I think that value is worth preserving. Even though it does make them inaccessible to all players.

Just some thoughts.

EDIT: Just to add more detail to the reward element of the coins and the process behind it. I remember requesting that we do something for players who completed ALL of the H1 ET’s, or even those who completed them all SA. Ultimately, we landed on a slightly more generous solution where more players would get something - even if they didn’t play/SA them all.

27 Likes

In all seriousness though, that was a definite surprise to wake up too. Since we got more insight behind the thought process behind these coins.

5 Likes

I assume the Black Winter Suit is in the same vein as the Performance Coins, ie it was a special reward and isn’t coming back

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and clarification of the situation around these items. I understand and accept this situation. Now, for me, the topic of Performance Coins has become closed

3 Likes

That’s fair with the coins, Though what about say the unlocks between Hitman 1 to Hitman 2. I.E the Aluminium Travel Case and the Black Winter Coat? Given they are a fair bit more substantial than the coins.

If the Aluminium Briefcase will become unlockable, Perhaps a Hitman 1 Photo Challenge with the Camera?

4 Likes

This, this will give the Camera more usage and give people reasons to go back to older locations.

5 Likes

There was talk before launch about adding photo challenges to older maps which I was excited about but considering how glitchy the H3 ones were, I guess they decided against it.

4 Likes

The whole idea reminds me of Doom Ultra Nightmare difficulty where you if you die, you have to start the game again.

Something like the ultimate challenge for the players who want to prove they know game mechanics in and out.

As both Doom and Hitman player, I do have extremely positive feelings to the idea of ET marathon - finishing it on the first try is not the point, it’s challenging yourself and performing better and better with each try is where it’s all at - first time you’ve passed 7 ETs before failing, next time it’s 12 ETs, one day it’s gonna be all of them and that’s what drives you and motivates you :point_up:

So if there is a chance of ET Marathon being real, count this post as my vote for :metal:

2 Likes

There are many people who are determined to unlock everything that if you were to have a prize for completing a mode like that (as you should for the task that would be), there would be some uproar.

3 Likes

Nah, there will always be the “force close” cop-out method to restart from the current level tbh.

1 Like

In Japan, the PS version of HITMAN1 was released as late as August 10, 2017.
Even avid HITMAN fans who had played all previous titles were unable to play the elusive target and had no opportunity to obtain performance coins.
It may be difficult to give all users an equal opportunity, but it is still very disappointing that they will not be redistributed.
For example, if we did the same thing with “HITMAN3” (distributing the elusive first year target play commemorative coins), would Steam users who were unable to purchase “HITMAN3” lose the opportunity to obtain the performance coins?
I am the type of user who likes to complete items.
In that regard, I must say that “HITMAN1-3” is an interesting play experience, but a disappointing game.
I think the “limited edition” is an element that only some people enjoy and many others do not.
I don’t think it is a good idea to overemphasize the value of the “limited” and to lower the value of the “regular” in relation to the “limited”.
I hope that future IOI games will not include such limited elements that do not give all users the opportunity.

1 Like

The luxury of this arcade is that you can do all kind of crazy strats without a time limit breathing down your neck.

The Surgeons - Double Sniper Kill:

8 Likes

People who earned a Performance Coin that carried over to HITMAN 2 on PC should be-able to Transfer their Progress over if they haven’t done so already.

As what Travis said they have a very fine line on what will be made available for everyone and what won’t be. He is generally on the side of make things available to everyone, but in the case of these ICA Coins he confirmed that their was a element of rewarding and thanking the playerbase who supported H1’s Launch and played atleast one of the ET tied to the first batch of ET. Travis said it best the Coins have a value worth preserving. Even if it does make it inaccessible to others.

The ICA Coins are an anomaly in terms of HITMAN Unlocks given even Legacy Players can’t own all of them.

I can’t say much on the Black Winter Suit and Season One Travel Briefcase since they were created specifically for HITMAN 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if they allow people to unlock them down the road, but they also might keep the BWS inaccessible unless you earned it in the past.

At the end of the day these were loyalty awards of sorts and are basically vanity items that are no different to limited edition cosmetics in a series like Borderlands.

Its a nice idea in theory, but honestly it sounds way too random and difficult for the majority of the playerbase.

Tying rewards – especially to specific targets – in a randomized mode like this would be crushing if you get a bad roll.
There’s 40-something targets, and getting at least past 10 would be difficult, unless you’re following a step-by-step guide to guarantee success (which shouldn’t be the strategy here).

And tying rewards (especially ones so limited – but were so easily earned back in 2017) to such a major challenge of SA or SASO 40 times in a row, seems excessive.

I get the appeal of having unique, one-of-a-kind stuff. The real cream-of-the-crop stuff to show your skill… but honestly that’s not in the spirit of Hitman, nor in a single-player game for that matter (even if it has a GAAS model)
Speedrunning is generally considered “good/skilled player” in this community, and they don’t need a special item to show that off – just speed.

4 Likes

Yeah, technically none of us own or will ever own all of them. :joy:

2 Likes