Elusive Target Arcade

Yes, but when bringing back a long missing ET for the first time to Arcade, that’s the kind it needs to be, or the next one needs to be. Not two limiting complications in a row!

1 Like

To be honest Heisenberg, the optional “poison only” is truly limiting only to you. The loadout is open, SA is possible, no immediate failure.

Personally, it’s the kind of complication that I long for, simple enough to play with, changing enough to make you walk off the usual path. And let’s me have some fun when I want to.
I get that it is now 4 stars instead of 5, but in gameplay it’s the same as fully open.

10 Likes

Is that actually possible? I know that leaderboards exists and there are scores on them, but is it even possible to retroactively modify all of those to show that a 4 star Silent Assassin earned something else? Wouldn’t the actual ranking be based on how the level was played (which theoretically wasn’t saved - only the final scores and ranks)? What would all those 4 star Silent Assassin ranks be changed to?

Whatever the rating for 4-Stars is regularly called most likely.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s happened twice now. Twice, and for two separate returning ETs. IOI needs to let a returning ET actually be like a returning ET; let us play it in a way that doesn’t restrict us from doing it how we want and getting the best score for it. Do not get spotted, do not kill another NPC, erase security footage, etc., make those the complications for a returning legacy ET so that we can go whole hog on it, and then you can change it up. I am now going to have to wait and hope for either a third contract at some point once the current planned batch is over that features the ETs I’ve been restricted on, or hope that they just make ETs available in their standard format if I want to tackle these in the way that I’ve planned on.

I’m not saying don’t do unique complications, just don’t do them for an ET that is being added to Arcade for the first time, especially when they’re legacy H1 ETs. I mean, at least now I think the only one actually missing who can come back is the Fixer, but now I’m still waiting for the Pharmacist, the Chef, the Deceivers and the Chameleon to come back with complications that don’t impact my play options or score, with no idea how long that will be or if they’ll even do it, to say nothing of whether I’ll get another shot at the Fixer and if they’ll adjust the Liability to be able to play in any suit. It’s all so frustrating!

1 Like

Technically, probably not, as if it works like I think it does, all “Silent Assassin” entries in IOI’s database would get changed to the same different title, regardless of what the player did during the mission.

There are many different titles for 4 stars, depending on how the player completed the mission (“Shadow ICA Assassin”, “Sniper Assassin” etc), not a single one.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you need to realise that IO is not making the game specifically for your unique and twisted playstyle. Either accept that not everything IO does is going to suit you, or don’t play the Arcade. This constant repetitive complaint every batch is so damn old and boring its not even funny anymore and you really need to learn to let things go.

6 Likes

This isn’t just in regards to my play style; it’s common sense and basic courtesy. When bringing back a long gone ET for the first time in years, players in general, not just myself, should not be overly restricted just so IOI can experiment. They can do that with ones we’ve already had before.

Well, you’re just gonna have to deal with that, because I’m gonna do it every time this happens and that’s all there is to it. Whatever frustration you feel every time I do this pales in comparison to what I feel every time they do this. This constant repetitive complaint every time I have a legitimate grievance is so damn old and boring it’s not even funny anymore and you really need to learn to let things go.

1 Like

Heisenberg has freewill, you can’t stop him :joy:
[spoileri personally agree that Heisenberg’s opinion is more logical then yourselves[/spoiler]

2 Likes
4 Likes

oh shit the chef is here i been waiting for him since hitman 1 and the woman again in paris

2 Likes

No I don’t. Like so many other people on this forum have already done for you, you can be simply added to a list of blocked users, hiding all posts you make and you are essentially wiped from existence. :wave:

1 Like

Why do we both have time limited Elusive Targets and then the same targets used in the non-time limited Elusive Target Arcade, which are a bit more interesting because there are conditions which have to be met?

Because without the normal ETs they would’ve had even less to keep people coming back to the game every week

And? Doesn’t change anything. You could have just done that from the beginning instead of whining. And it still shows you where hidden replies are, and you’re still likely to click one even by accident so you’ll probably still see my posts. So what now?

2 Likes

Come on mate, all you have to do is just ignore it if it’s that bad, or if you have taste have a good read! :joy:

Dude you are such a Drama Queen. You taking things too seriously. I see it now clearly why we can’t find agreement on anything and futher more any discussion with you is pointless, mr. I’m always right :roll_eyes:

Alas, still no Haverfoek -_-

2 Likes

Nah, it’s just annoying to read the exact same conversation every time a new Arcade batch drops. The annoyance comes from having the exact same point made last month and the month before that, and the month before that, and the month before that (and so on) hammered in each time. If there’s nothing new added to the conversation over the last 10 months, I doubt anything new is going to be added from this point onwards - so its just easier to remove the annoyance from view.

I’m not missing out on anything, because I’ve already read it. And re-read it.

7 Likes

I had a long break from game since first Arcade ET was introduced, back then I was tired of game so much that I even don’t care to try these first Arcades. Now I’m back and have a lot of fun playing it (but some unlocks are quiet weird and I don’t like it). It will be a great time spend awaiting a Freelancer mode!