Elusive Target Arcade

Thank you for your reply.
Performance coins are certainly one of the items I would like to have, but that is not the main thing I want to talk about.
I wanted to communicate that there are users who are not being given the opportunity.

I brought up Steam because Steam users were not given the opportunity to play for a year.
“The Steam version of H3 was released a year late. Wouldn’t it be sad for Steam users if the limited items were released within that one year?” This was intended to be an analogy.

Is it easier to understand if you think in terms of an elusive target?
Steam users have to watch the elusive target appear and leave for a year.
Fortunately, the Elusive Target is entering its second year.
The “time up” targets did not return, though.

In fact, on the day the Japanese PS version of HITMAN 1 was released, there was already no way to obtain performance coins.
Elusive Target had already completed one round before the release date in Japan.
This was one of the saddest things for Japanese PS version “HITMAN” users.

And so the items that were not given a chance to obtain are still unobtainable in H3 as they are.
In other words, HITMAN in Japan had ended the fun of item completion at the time of its launch in Japan in 2016.
I was astonished by this.

What I wanted to convey is that creating limited-time items, not just for “HITMAN”, will not please new users at all, who for some reason or another could not buy the items on the release date.
This is one of the major factors that spoil the enjoyment of the game for users like me who consider item completion as one of the ways to enjoy the game.
I wanted IOI to know that there are such users.

This is what I mean.

As a side note, I also know that I can only get one of three types of performance coins.
In that sense as well, HITMAN is a disappointing game for users who want to complete items.

1 Like

So I’ve partially played new batch which have been The Quanta and The Indices and I wasn’t overly impressed, a lot of repeat ET’s with complications that don’t even effect your strategy.

The clutches looks alright with a few new ET’s in there, is this the best one of the lot? I also thought they were getting rid of the 5 level contracts so presumably this is the last of its kind. Although I seem to have enjoyed the 5 level ones the most.

2 Likes

The existence and the availability of the game in Japan are good arguments for making items available beyond their original scope, but the “Steam users” are a horrible argument to make for this purpose.

Steam users, I.e., users who waited a full year after the game was released just so they didn’t have to “support Epic” or because they couldn’t bear to not have all of their game launchers “in the same place” made a choice. The game was out, and available for every one of those users for a full year.

Potential players of the game who watched Elusive Targets come and go and didn’t play them did so by their own choice.

I can absolutely sympathize with players who could not access the game in Japan but bringing in the Steam users who absolutely could have gotten those year 1 unlocks but chose not to is not going to garner a lot of support.

2 Likes

Exactly, I also firmly believe the rarest coin is the one that is worn out. The outstanding performance coin is arguably the most common one.

I see.
In the sense that I had a choice, and certainly strictly speaking, using the elusive target as an example is not quite what I was trying to convey.
Thanks for your input.

1 Like

I’m torn. On the one hand I’m like “fuck that, if you missed out you missed out!”. But on the other hand I’m in that SAME group of people who’ve missed out on something (specifically the Trinity Pack H3 pre-order bonus). So I can see both sides of it. :joy:

I’m honestly really surprised that they haven’t sold the Trinity Pack as DLC for people who really want it since it would take next to no work to do it.

9 Likes

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It happens right at the star of the mission (a little bit after a minute or so), Mr Roe takes the dish to Gregory, they have a conversation and then he stays like this and doesn’t move (he still reacts to all types of distractions though). I let the game playing while I went to the bathroom, took out the trash and wrote this post and he still was like this.
I believe something like this happened when this ET was live but it wasn’t this early on the mission.

2 Likes

Yip. The Procurers had a few different points where they would break and the targets would just stand in place forever.

There were multiple posts in the Bug Report thread about it when the ET first went live, maybe the next patch will fix it? :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s strange that they didn’t fix it for the arcade, not even the reactivation. Or maybe they “fixed” it but they ended up breaking it more? So far it only happens with Roe at the exact same moment in every single one of my playthroughs, Burke seems to be working fine for me, no problems whatsoever.
It appears that now it’s consistent while before it was more RNG? I didn’t encountered this when it was live so I don’t know if this is different from how it was before.

1 Like

I’ve played since the Paris episode dropped and I’ve taken every opportunity to expand Hitman (GOTY, bonus levels, pre-order bonuses).

I’m in the group that likes reaping the rewards for not waiting for price drops/etc.

I agree, it sucks for those who had no vote, while having some exclusivity does make me like part of a small group.

At this point, I think the only items I’ll never get are the Xbox and Stadia exclusives.

2 Likes

I remember reading that ioi was planning to implement a new feature where the game will freeze npc’s to allow players to use the bathroom, do chores and/or check out the internet. Really useful.

5 Likes

Ah, yes. I think thats a revolutionary new system called “The Pause Menu”? :thinking: I don’t know if it’ll catch on though…

7 Likes

I know this comment is sarcasm but i’m still going to clarify that i left the game unpaused on purpose to see if Roe moved while I was gone. Just in case I came across as a total dumbass

1 Like

Oh, I believe you. I’m pretty sure this happened on my first or second try of the target when it first came out.
Restarting it fixed it, unless you’re averse to that kind of thing in ETs…

1 Like

It happens to me consistently, even when I restart the mission or the entire contract.

I thought it got fixed Jack for me went upstairs no problem for the first time playing them again it’s quite an annoying glitch especially on a double contract

@Euler13 since The Forger appeared in recent batch of arcade contracts, are you planning on recording his dialogue for video?

8 Likes

I’d like to add that one to my list, but I’m very busy at the moment in my personal life and at school. I’m on my Easter term break in two weeks, so if I’m not able to do anything before that I might have some time during the holiday.

7 Likes

So I was playing around with the Paparazzo and found out that you can help him get close to Sato if you knock out the guard that follows him along with any others that might spot him on the way there. He will get to the area outside the makeup room and, if you use the diorama to lure Sato out, he will start taking pictures of him until he leaves.
I wanted to see if something special happens if you make Sato quit while Hudson is watching but my game kept crashing and I just don’t have the patience to try again. Does something happen if you do this or have I just wasted my time?

3 Likes