Elusive Target Arcade

You can still get Silent Assassin on it. You just have to knock out the courier to get the diamonds, then hide the body. Then just go kill the target. I never got Silent Assassin because I screwed up with the target, and on a re-release, knocked the courier out too soon, before he obtained the diamonds. That’s why that ET has the highest fail rate of all ETs, because you can instantly fail if you do two separate things too soon. You have to wait for the diamonds to be exchanged before taking them from the courier, and you have to get the diamonds before you kill the target.

Not true. You only have to wait for him to meet with the courier to give him the details on who has the diamonds before you kill him.

I usually attract him into the room in the cafe right next to where they meet to kill him as soon as the handoff is over.

I was talking about if there was a no knockout complication.

Ah, good to know, I never got around to daring to figure that one out.

Still, two things that could mess you up - killing the target or knocking out the courier - but just one threshold: the diamond exchange.

Do they meet in front of the school in the path of the armored vehicle cannon?

I think there’s already a “One Pacification Only” complication used in the Arcade, so the hypothetical new track with the Fixer could use that instead to make knocking out the courier not ruin 5-stars rating.

2 Likes

Just came back from a quick break.

The new arcade batch and unlock is alright, literally nothing else to say.

I’m still waiting for the Pharmacist and the Deceivers to come out WITHOUT the restricted loadout cuz they’re kinda boring with it.

4 Likes

Ditto. IOI is really starting to piss me off with that restricted loadout thing, especially on new ETs.

1 Like

I thought the two new contracts were boring as hell.

The one disguise change had absolutely zero impact on what I came up with and the one pacification had no impact either (and even if it had, its extremely easy to get around it by distracting NPCs to get them out of your way). Complications like restricted loadout or ones that force you into completely changing your approach (ie requiring accidents or lethal melee only) as we’ve had recently are way more fun.

Also, The Illusory has The Blackhat appearing with the “one pacification only” restriction. We’ve already had this ET with this restriction in The Deceits, which made that particular level of the Arcade contract even more boring because it was literally nothing new.

At this point with so many ETs having appeared in the Arcade multiple times, most strats that people have come up with in previous appearances can just be reused when they re-appear using the less restrictive complications. They either need to stop reusing ETs that have appeared quite a few times as there are still ones that have only appeared once (or not at all), or come up with something new to throw a spanner in the works.

1 Like

Or, just throw every ET into the mode with the option to toggle complications on and off like Contracts Mode, ranging from none at all, to all at once, and anything in between.

1 Like

I usually say alright as another way of saying it’s in the middle ground. It’s an addition to ETA which is cool and all but that’s really all it is.

I do agree though that the Black Hat with the same complication was odd. but I always just headshot this mf with a sniper rifle anyways.

New arcade contracts are in!

The Bombatic - Targets are The Badboy, The Censor, and The Rage. Optional complication is to eliminate all targets with expolsion (how fitting).
The Blusterous - Targets are The Food Critic, The Revolutionary (hi @47Agent ) and The Iconoclast. Optional complitcation is to eliminate all targets without using poision.
Happy hunting!

I have to admit, those are some nice complications, and esepcially The Blusterous are pretty devilish.

10 Likes

Blusterous has exactly the kind of complication I expect from good ETA contract: one that counters common easy strategies and thus encourages seeking new methods. Looking forward to playing it.

1 Like

Dammit all. There goes my hope for getting through these quickly, or actually enjoying taking out The Bad Boy.

Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever even attempted to poison Wen Ts’ai…

1 Like

How about an elusive target arcade challenge where they don’t put in shitty complications that make the game less fun?

3 Likes

Is the explosion accident or not? Cant play as im busy for the mean time

Can be either accident or device.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Bradley!

1 Like

What I’m hoping they’ll do when they’re done updating Arcade. It’s existence proved they can make ETs to play at will, so eventually, I hope they’ll just release them all in this mode in their original formats, or with the option to toggle restrictions on and off and will.

1 Like