Elusive Target Arcade

I like the idea.
Especially some of your complications. (mandatory sniper elimination, but it retains SA, let us have some fun IO). And the X number of KO (I imagine inspired by the Gluttony escalation) is something I really want to see be played with (maybe in Freelancer…)

But it won’t happen : this would be a one time release. Maybe like some update from time to time.
The ETA currently drives engagement, recurrent players.
And I think that it’s IOI objective here.

A way to play the stage without resetting would be good though.

4 Likes

Nice idea, in this moment i have feeling that every idea of fanbase is better than actually arcade.
But i dont expect big changes in format in that state of year 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i feel like just having a tab in the menu to open up that menu and choose standalone targets at any time would be a great addition to the Arcade. Keep the escalation style for regular content drops but when it’s all over add that second tab you can click on to play a vanilla ET

2 Likes

@Tetrafish_21 this is perfection… Wait a minute… Waaait-a-minute?! The Deceivers were initially two separate targets?! Insert a i found the holy truth gif

1 Like

Count in The Fixer NOT being released in the Arcade until AFTER we’ve gone through the actual Elusive Target version thereby denying us the opportunity to practice in advance.

You don’t really need to practice to complete The Fixer tbh. It’s fairly easy once you’re made aware of what the fail conditions are.

Of course the Arcade version of The Chameleon removed the non-explosion accident kill condition and chances are that won’t be the case when the actual ET is released soon. A number of people used to playing without that complication could end up failing.

2 Likes

So The Chameleon Arcade removed the extra complication of needing to be an accident kill.

The Twins Arcade did not remove the “don’t harm other brother”.

Also knocking out the other brother counts as “harming” them. Dang. :slightly_frowning_face:

The Fixer isnt gonna be released in the arcade apparently. According to travis it doesnt fit the format

So no chance to practice The Fixer safely then? The Ex-Dictator also out?

That was an “at the time” thing. They are purportedly working on it to try and bring every ET into Arcade. The Ex-Dictator was the same, which was why it hadn’t even been released as a legacy in H2, and yet now it’s here in H3, meaning it can now join Arcade. The Fixer is the same. All they have to do is make it so knocking out the courier or killing the target before the diamond exchange is not an insta-fail. Considering other such requirements that have been disabled, that should be possible, just complicated. At best, if they ever release all ETs into Arcade mode, independent and in their original formats (which they’ll do if they have any intelligence at all), then they can at least release The Fixer at that point and just not include him with the multiple tier contract runs.

2 Likes

The Fixer definitely would’ve been ideal for a no pacification complication adding yet another insta-fail condition. Of course now complications are optional so its pointless.

They couldn’t slap “no pacifications” on it because you wouldn’t be able to get the diamonds.

1 Like

A “no bodies found” might have been more appropriate, as hiding the courier’s body and even the Fixer himself are quite tricky. Since I have no intention of ever killing this fucking guy with accidental means, I don’t mind having to hide bodies.

Couldn’t the diamonds be retrieved from The Fixer’s body?

The courier has them (eventually). The target never has them afaik.

The Fixer doesn’t have them. He has a courier pick them up and go wait in the school and that’s it. They never meet, because the target is supposed to be killed and the diamonds taken before the story finishes.

So a no pacification complication would just be IOI being mean with the only thing being worse would be for them to release The Undying with the following complication “If you start up this mission, you will immediately fail”.

Undying indeed, in that case.

If that’s the case, then I’d have to take out the courier too. Kinda like the dentist in Hitman Codename 47. And since I couldn’t get Silent Assassin anyways I might as well make the courier’s demise as notable as possible. The armored vehicle cannon for example…