Epic Games Exclusivity and how it will affect the release of Hitman 3

For me, it’s 4.5% CPU, 20 MB of RAM while Idle. But that’s besides the point, the percentage is gonna change per person because of clock frequencies and such, this isn’t an entirely great metric to use. It definitely needs some optimisation though, not gonna lie there.

1 Like

I’m so tired of the discussion of this subject

I’ll buy it from EGS and, sorry, but i’m done with that people that claims all the time that they’re not gonna get Hitman 3 until it comes out on Steam.

oh trust me… you’re gonna hear a lot more of it closer to release

“H3 is coming out in 1 week guys!!”

“don’t you mean 372 days? :smirk: amirite?”

12 Likes

Not surprised by that decision…

EPIC Games tries to appeal as much developers as they can.

I remember Quantic Dream Games being exclusive to the platform for a year before arriving on Steam :confused:

Plus, it will allow them a good amount of cash that will allow them more resources for the game development and else.

However i’ll wait the Steam release to get the game. As explained in my Detailed Review i wasn’t planning on preordering this sequel anyway after the disaster that was HITMAN™ 2 preorder and launch.

Also, releasing the first two games on Steam then the last game of trilogy on another platform is not a very clever move in my opinion :confused:

Anyway wishing them good luck with Epic, and cya in 2022 maybe :wink:

4 Likes

hahaha that’s the most cringe quote of all the “only steam, guys” people

i can understand the uneasy feeling of changing to a client that’s not familiar and has some many unsolved problems i can understand being bothered by, but… get over it, i don’t need to know your love for Steam (which is not by any means a “lawful good” company either)

2 Likes

Can you remind the disaster?
I don’t remember any catastrophes with preorders and launch.
In-game bugs that haven’t been and never will be fixed is another question.
And that is a disaster

(which is not by any means a “lawful good” company either)

See my slide I posted above, No company is your freind. OH and the exposing of user accounts in the christmas sale of 2015. Valve can screw up too.

1 Like

hehe, you’re right. lemme fix that

2 Likes

If you plan on playing Hitman 3 on PC when it arrives in January, you’ll have to purchase it through the Epic Games Store. The PC version of the game will be an Epic Games Store exclusive for one year. … This won’t impact the game’s release on other platforms.

neutral comment :rofl:

3 Likes

Actually there are several dozens of solutions of the sort for steam as well includding command line tools.

1 Like

Yes that’s true, I just wanted to point out that it’s much simpler with EGS without any tool actually. As a player, you can launch a lot of offline games without EGS launcher just by adding -EpicPortal argument into the game’s exe.

1 Like

that only works with DRM-free games in which case that works just fine on Steam too with DRM-free games (without the need for the argument too)

Initially I was going to wait, but then I did some thinking. One, I already begrudgingly use EGS because I was unable to wait and bought The Outer Worlds on there last year. So the program already has a reason to live on my hard drive. Couple that with the fact Hitman is a favourite franchise of mine, and the whole live-content thing, and I came to the conclusion I’d be kicking myself if I waited a year.

2 Likes

-PC, deluxe, day one

-I do think it’s non-sense that the last title of a trilogy would release exclusively in another platform, though.
In summary, I’d much rather straight up buy Hitman 3 on Steam if I could, but won’t significantly mind the Epic deal and will still go for it.

-Hard to tell about missing sales. Hitman 2 probably sold at a faster pace way after launch (even I found out late about the game just before the New York DLC or something). Epic store will definitely miss sales vs the large Steam userbase and front-window initially, but it’s likely that by the time it launches on Steam the remaining sales will catch up a year later regardless.

-Very much hyped.

-I think so. I can’t imagine how a player profile would be too complicated to do so. It shouldn’t be much more than a database indicating your inventory items and challenges completed.
MAYBE synchronization between multiple platforms; same accounts might have issues. Simply transporting the profile data, which is my case, should be trivial and issue-free.

3 Likes
  1. Preordered the deluxe edition on Epic but I hate the store and their practices. I just bought it as I know that IO just became independent and they had to get the money for making hitman 3 a good game.

2. I don’t agree with it at all but IO does have valid reasons for agreeing to exclusivity. They got screwed over by publishers, management buyout, layoffs, becoming independent. I would’ve taken the deal if I was in their situation.

3.Preordered it, but I don’t agree with it

4.Yes, this WILL affect sales. But it might or might not make such a big difference for IO as Epic does bribe a whole lot of money for this.

1. I’m so hyped and impressed by what’s been shown so far. I have high hopes for the game and I’m eagerly waiting for it.

2. I think it will just be a matter of seemlessly linking the Steam H2/H1 with Epic H3 through an IOI account.

1 Like

Where is that image from, and more importantly, why are there no sources listed on that image?

Ah so this is literally someone on /r/fuckepic picking and choosing the data they want in order to get the outcome they want to show the world (and in this case, show a false narrative). Epic Exclusivity hasn’t gone away, and the fact this post merely suggests that should raise alarm bells.

If there’s one thing I hate more than bad data collection is that it’s intentionally malicious data collection; trying to prove an argument by looking at what you want, and disregarding everything else. This is exactly the reason why I don’t trust anything in /r/Fuckepic, and I’d strongly suggest not visiting that hellhole of an echochamber.

1 Like

Just to note, that is not what a source is. I think Dribbleondo asked for the individual game list that went into these numbers.

Also the approach of Epic Games themselves is offtopic here. This was discussed to death so please don’t continue that here. The focus is on H3 and their release on EGS.

Yeah, I’d rather not speak about Epic here either.