Escalation - The Sinbad Stringent (18 Feb)

I thought this was great fun. So, so much better than The Baskerville Barney. Would be very happy if the Escalations we get in future are of this kind of standard.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s a bug Iā€™ve experienced during the regular Dubai main mission too. Someone has already reported it in the Bug Report thread (checked to see whether I needed to post a report myself), so hopefully it gets fixed in next weekā€™s patch.

1 Like

Youā€™re supposed to kill him with a knife but it says Jaeger 7 Tuatara

1 Like

So, the escalation is good as a whole?

Pretty good. Each level actually requires a different strategy because the ā€œtargetsā€ are never in the same place.

8 Likes

I like how thereā€™s random knives stabbed everywhere and a lot of NPCā€™s drop them.

1 Like

This escalation was pretty good but while Marcus is still easy to kill, I was pissed off to realize that they changed his route only after I had gone from the penthouse topfloor all the way down to the art expo.

6 Likes

Pretty disappointing escalation for the first two levels, the third makes it somewhat worthwhile. My method involved emetic poisoning Marcusā€™ drink first, then doubling back, hitting the targets with the sniper and arriving back at the store room just in time for him to throw up. I thought it was a pretty effective one, but I was 30-somethingth on the leaderboard, went to bed, couldnā€™t sleep, was thinking of ways I could have optimised the route, gave up trying to sleep, redid it, cut about a minute off, and I was over 90th lol. Lucky I donā€™t play for leaderboard scores, I only get one of two scores on a hitman run, silent assassin or failed.

Finished it, thought it was fun. Not as good as the deluxe ones, but pretty good. Definitely flexes your suit only muscles, which I enjoy. Didnā€™t get SA in level three yet and wondering whether I should go back and do it or see if the challenge condition is bugged or not (the challenge page says to use a different method than the HUD).

4 Likes

Shot him in the head with the Hackle sniper rifle and i failed.

1 Like

I initially didnā€™t realize that another object had appeared after destroying the last target. Went to the helicopter and was surprised that there was no exit. So, I tried the elevator exit and I didnā€™t work either. Only then I realized that a new objective had popped up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Alright I SAā€™d it. Took me 17 minutes, I ainā€™t no speedrunner. :rofl:

I am more into stealth than puzzles, so this escalation was really up my alley. All about stealthing around the upper floors while trespassing. Kind of involved for having no saves, but not that bad. I kinda cheesed the last objective by knocking out Marcus before finishing the boxes, then knifing him later.

Here is my level 3 run, nothing too special, I havenā€™t optimised the run much, but it still turned out good.

An overall good Escalation. I liked how they changed the boxes for each level, requring you to come up with a different strat for each level.

6 Likes

Yas, Ibbe with the golden content :pray: was wondering how long it would take you :wink:

Edit:

*Comes #2 in the world with the smoothest run ever*ā€¦ Bruh

1 Like

I donā€™t know if I got ā€œluckyā€ or not here, but took out the swinging targets in level 3 entirely with the sniper rifle. Two of them I was able to snipe from the golf ball location. Then I snuck into the big atrium and took out the one in there. I forget the 4th but when I did the 5th one, I just went up the stairs to the meeting lounge and took it out from the hallway at the top of the stairs there (right outside the kitchen). As luck would have it Stuyvesant was sitting in the lounge right then so I threw a knife at his head and high tailed it back down the stairs. I got 4 stars on it because the body was found.This text will be blurred

Not knowing the map that well and havin unlocked no shortcuts, this escalation, even on its second level, feels quite overwhelming. Quite a feat to get your bearing and find quick and easy routes to all those targets. An escalation that offers many surprises. Added guards. Added weapons. Added crates. A surprise objective. And iyā€™s quite subtle about it.
Iā€™m giving it a 5 out of 5 for effort. Very innovative. A surprise unlock would have been fitting for this one.

10 Likes

Level 3, Flawless Execution

2 Likes

The only thing that annoys me is only getting 4000 xp, i miss getting novelty items from hard challenges. I mean thereā€™s not even a ā€˜track 3ā€™ for escalations. This couldā€™ve given us a kitchen knife, hell iā€™d settle for a banana.

2 Likes

ā€œSettleā€ for a banana? The banana is my most wanted unlockable item right now.

11 Likes

I had a security guard slip on one, mid flip in the air i shot him with an smg and it canceled the fall and he flipped back and shot at me, lol.

5 Likes