Favorite weapon/item that you hardly ever use

So, there so much unlockable gear in WoA, nobody uses it all regularly. We all pretty much have that main set of weapons and tools that we almost always use when playing, then that secondary set when we want to shake it up a little, then that subset we use when we want to be really different, etc,. But what is your favorite weapon or tool or general item that you love to use, but you hardly ever use it when playing, either because you’re playing seriously, you’re trying to unlock things, it just doesn’t help much in Freelancer and ETs, or whatever your reasons might be. Of everything that you don’t use often, which one feels special to you and you truly enjoy it on the rare occasion that you use it?

For me, it’s the ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert, black version.

Shotguns are just awesome in general, shotguns with functional suppressors are even better, and the black coloration makes it seem all business. It’s never really practical for me to bring along a shotgun when playing except in Freelancer, even if I’m not necessarily following the HPP. Freelancer has made it more practical with the objectives that ask for its use, but the Epic rarity shotgun is the one with the white color scheme found in Carpathian Mountains. Freelancer’s rarity system makes no sense at times like this, since that version was obviously not that rare as it appears throughout an entire mission, but the black one doesn’t appear in the main game at all unless you bring it, so why isn’t it the Epic one?

Either way, it’s fun as hell hiding around a corner, waiting for a target to walk up close, and then aiming around that corner and plugging them in the torso with this baby, or the face if I’m feeling particularly ruthless that day. For one I almost never equip outside of Freelancer, and not even as often as I’d like within, it’s my favorite weapon that I hardly ever use.

7 Likes

I’d say the Striker. It’s super powerful, very loud, and hard to use if you care at all about being stealthy. I love to use it but rarely do for those reasons.

8 Likes

I really love the Remote EMP Charge. So many possibilities to use. I often forget about it for a few months and whenever I use it again, I’ll use it constantly.

4 Likes

The Exploding Pen!!!

It’s so nifty and fun, but it just doesn’t do much for me usually. Sometimes I bring it anyway though.

3 Likes

The concealable baton. I think it’s very stylish and it goes well with 47 black suit. It also pass frisk checks, and it reminds me of the blackjack in the Thief game series, so a bit of nostalgia. However, the inventory slots are precious and you can find melee items in the levels, so I use it rarely.

4 Likes

It’d be more enjoyable for me if we could actually stab with the damned thing as well as use it to blow things up.

If WoA had just kept Contracts’, Blood Money’s and Absolution’s mechanic of bludgeoning objects deal fatal damage, or at least a prompt prior to usage that let you choose between a knock out and a fatal strike, it’d be a lot more used, I’d almost guarantee it.

3 Likes

All the Ornamental/Ancestral Weapons: They look amazing, but I don’t use them cause on the off chance I lose one I’ll need to re-buy it to be able to Prestige. I use the Makeshift/Concrete weapons a lot more in Freelancer. Outside of Freelancer, I don’t really use any of the thematic weapons since they’re near the end of the inventory tab and I’ll just choose whichever silenced weapon’s the highest in alphabetical order.

3 Likes

The RFID triggered explosive and the Tripwire mine are interesting tools that have great potential to be used in some insanely creative ways. Unfortunately, usually there’s hardly any need for them.

6 Likes

M O L O T O V

it really needs to be in Freelancer

4 Likes

Red Tie Kiwi.

If only it didn’t break on impact I would use it as my fave distraction.

6 Likes

Devil’s Cane. It’s a fun idea on paper to stealthily turn the map into a ghost town and then lure the target to some obvious trap with a trail of coins, but it’s really impractical and I forget this melee exists. Being a large item that has to be left behind or clumsily thrown around when parkouring doesn’t help it either.

Classicballer gets an honourable mention for being another cool yet impractical weapon.

EDIT: Now when I think about it, original Y3 announcement mentioned Warlord near end of the year. I really don’t want to deal with this ET with my ruleset for this year, so maybe I’ll ignore my “avoid non-mandatory KOs” rule a bit and try do a greedy KO everyone challenge.

6 Likes

The 5mm pistol. Conceptually its really interesting, a gun that can be taken past frisk points, but with a small unreloadable magazine. But realistically it just isnt that useful

7 Likes

piano wire. that’s it.

2 Likes

I suppose it’d be the Mixtape 47. Though the music it plays seems to be downsampled or distorted. It includes a variety of music from Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days. I’ve made a playlist that one should be able to find by searching for HITMAN - Mixtape 47 on YouTube. I do have an additional song at the end that’s from Absolution that I never heard until I watched an Absolution playthrough.

I figured I’d add it to it since it is from Absolution and the device has that rattlesnake on it.

Edit: I will definitely take it if I’m going to Colorado to do the Burning Man EE. Slap that thing on the rat poison, activate it (and hope for a good tune), then pick up the rat poison to have a portable source of music while you toast militia members. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Kiwi bird toy is cute but I stick to distractions that can be reused.

2 Likes

The serpents tongue I feel it would be 10 times more useful in freelancer then the main game if you get a do not pacify challenge also the snail grenade from sloth bubble gum from gluttony and cane from greed I would use them all so much more if they were in freelancer as well

4 Likes