Favourite/Best Mission Soundtrack in the WoA Trilogy?

I recently began to appreciate the soundtrack of the trilogy again, and found this forgotten gem:

It’s the last song Jordan Cross would ever record, played in Bangkok in the studio.

Apparently the song was a part of a Bangkok promotion video - does anyone have a link?

I’m actually impressed with the quality of the song - from the lyrics, which revolve around Cross’s deceased girlfriend (thus make sense in-universe), to the actual musical aspects - by no means am I a musical expert, but the song clearly was written with care, has a non-trivial main melody, and very good overall harmony (although the accompaniment is slightly too loud at times and the 0:20-0:30 part feels like it should’ve been played twice instead of just once to maintain balance). And it becomes worryingly addictive once you listen to it more than 5 times.

It’s stunning how meticulous the Hitman games are, given that the only 10 seconds from the song are played in the Bangkok level.

Sorry for necroposting this thread, but again I don’t think it deserves to die.

2 Likes

Mendoza
(big gap)
Isle Of Sgail
Miami / Berlin

2 Likes

Here’s the video you’re looking for:

Also here’s their bandcamp page with the other two songs that were never used in game:

Because hell yeah, The Class were unjustifiably good to be an in-universe band in a video game. Pretty sweet.

3 Likes

For me, H2016’s soundtracks are seriously good. Even the menu music tho, I’d just listen to it on repeat over and over. Also the one that starts when someone’s chasing you or slt.

Hard to pick one but I went for Whittleton Creek. It just gives me the vibe of this whole suburban American town and catches the strange humour of the location very well but I also love the undertone when it comes to Janus and his past as a KGB spymaster.

2 Likes

And here I see that I was able to pick three. I should have read the description but I was so excited :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure you can modify your vote any time :wink:

2 Likes

Oh well then I also picked New York and Berlin :grin:

1 Like