Favourite Kill in the series

There’s a Sign for a Piano Maker or Moving Company or something like that next to it, its supposed to be an Advertisement iirc.

2 Likes

I see! Well I’ll buy that for a dollar :joy:

Edit* in a courtyard? With no driving traffic going by? The only people who will see it are the people who live there or happen to pass through the courtyard?? Nope! Don’t buy it now, but at least they tried.

2 Likes

All the proxy kills, from the gun substitution at the opera in Hitman 2 SA, to the wife of the don in mendoza, where actually you are just telling her the truth so any court would declare you innocent.

2 Likes

that’s a pretty good point! :grinning:

1 Like

Mine would either be Vidal grape crusher kill or Marcos spike kill

C47: The Ochoa Shootout Roast
SA: The Deewana Ji Surgeon Simulator
Contracts: The Beldingford Pillow-Pew-Pew
BM: The Chad Bingham vs the virgin glass-jacuzzi
Absolution: The one-way Mirror Osmond
HITMAN: One mans heart is another mans trash
HITMAN 2: Vanya Shaw Choo-Choo-Train
HITMAN 3: Yates domestic violence

7 Likes

that is a very good one. the sound design is :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

It’s rather hard to define one specific kill as my favourite. If I had to let it simmer on a stove for 12 hours until only the most flavourful broth is left, I would have to go with Killing Dom Osmond through the one-way mirror. He’s a lowlife crime boss stripped of all romanticised tropes that define other Mafia characters like Vito Corleone. He’s a sleazy, unsympathetic horrible man.

Standing inches from him and the only thing between him and 47 is a mirror of illusion, that shatters into a million pieces as you pull the trigger. It might be my favourite kill, it’s so gratifying to pull off.

4 Likes

I absolutely adore the Way they’ve interpreted this kill in the Legacy Cutscene.

47 is death incarnated. I give the artists at IO often shit because i think the bulk of the promotional Material of the new games is trash when compared to the original 4 Games artstyle etc, but this Picture I’ve posted above is probably the most badass 47 was ever shown.

The eyes covered in shadows, the bullet whole looking like a skulls nose… Its perfection.

EDIT: @Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI is there any chance we can get this as a Poster or a Displate someday?

6 Likes

I absolutely love the Opening Legacy Cinematic and it’s one of my most replayed videos during the WoA era, but the representation of that particular kill on Dom Osmond bothers me (in comparison to the kills on the Red Dragon Negotiator, Hayamoto Jr, Fritz Fuchs and Fernando Delgado, which are all absolutely perfect cinematic re-imaginings of those kills) because…

…the one-way mirror is the wrong way round! I presume this was done because they thought it looks cooler to see 47’s reflection as he shoots, but I always bristle a little because IRL 47 wouldn’t be able to see Osmond through the mirror. (I guess you could argue that 47 has a strong Instinct of where to shoot to hit Osmond, but even so Osmond would be able to see 47 with the gun through his side of the mirror, unlike in Absolution where he doesn’t know it’s coming.)

Slightly spoils what is otherwise one of the best Hitman videos ever, IMO.

6 Likes

The Legacy cinematic is some of the best Hitman cinematic created, it perfectly captures the past and who 47 is. The only thing that annoys me a tiny bit is the Dom Osmond kill, because 47 is on the wrong side of the mirror. It’s a stylistic choice and it works, you shouldn’t think to hard about it.

6 Likes

I personally never liked the Legacy cinematic. It led some people to think that it presented the canon methods 47 used on those targets, despite numerous inconsistencies that make it clear that IO was just presenting some of the options available and how fun the following game could be, for newcomers, rather than presenting what happened. IO would do this inconsistent canon-teasing throughout the trilogy, but given the way they’re presented, I think it’s just them having fun and messing with us, rather than saying that’s how it went. So that cinematic showed it wrong (the mirror was reversed, 47 didn’t use his Silverballer, the pistol he used had a suppressor, and he wasn’t wearing his normal suit. So how it happened in Absolution (if that’s the method you chose) is how it happened, and Legacy is just a broadstroke look back how it could have happened.

Personally, I’m happy to forget everything that happened in Absolution, because I hate every single aspect of it on a story/narrative/lore front. But I am a big fan of the Legacy cinematic; I just wish that they didn’t make that particular choice because it doesn’t feel quite right to me, whereas I find every other kill in the Legacy cinematic beautifully depicted and I wouldn’t change a thing about them.

1 Like

I’d prefer if Fritz had been shown killed in the sauna, because that’s more unique and fits better with his older man status to have a heart attack from the heat. Easier to pass off as an accident than drowning. The cinematic is a fun look back at some of the things that could have happened, but I don’t think that’s how they happened.

Absolution is great.

4 Likes

That’s fair enough; just clarifying that I never said that they did though - we’re on the same page. :+1:

Fixed your post for you. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You had some typos there. You meant engaging and enjoyable story, and one of the best games in the franchise.

3 Likes

abso-what now? the hell are you talking about?

i think you meant hackneyed, design-undermining and subtextually right wing story.

6 Likes

I don’t know get the “subtextually right-wing” part. But, I think the story is great. I love how 47’s past work as an assassin is coming in so handy in a personal rescue mission that otherwise would have nothing to do with assassination.

this ain’t the place for it, but the game basically feels like ben shapiro wrote it.

Oh, all the other characters’ behaviors you mean? Yeah, I got that. But then, as 47, we straighten those bastards right out.

2 Likes