Featured Contracts - Shacknews

The few incinerators I have come into contact with (decades ago, admittedly), did have poker-like tools near them because there is occasionally a need to clean the incinerators. Stuff that shouldn’t have gone in them does (metal mostly). Even crematoriums don’t 100% burn everything usually (some bones usually survive the cremation process). I can see a use for a poker-like implement, though not necessary a traditional ornate fireplace poker for sure. Probably easier for IOI to just make one generic poker than go for the ultra-realism of making sure that the incinerator version was different than the fireplace version.

Frankly, I just pushed him where he was and legged it. I made it out of the level but the world was definitely black and white. I didn’t bother to try to get a Silent Assassin rating for that level though, obviously.

I assumed that incinerators are like BBQs. You scrub the grate with a wire brush tool to clean off all the residue on the grates. You then shovel out the ash or use some vacuum system where the ash goes out a hose. Crematoriums need high pressure as well as high heat to burn everything I assume, like an autoclave.

A fire poker is mostly used for poking wood and coals to add air mostly to keep a fire burning. It is less useful than a shovel or brush I would think.

I usually fall in the top 30% to 10% category and I only do runs with silent assassin. I tried to get top ten of every feature contract in Hitman2016, and sometimes was in the #1 spot. I realized though that there are too many players better than me, so I gave up on trying to get the highest score.

If I quit and restarted every time I got spotted, had a body found, or otherwise lost a Silent Assassin rating, I’d just find the game too frustrating to play so I don’t worry about it. That isn’t to say I never get that rating though. I often will replay a level a few times and it’ll come, but I don’t get stressed if I only get 3 or 4 stars in any given play through. I don’t pay any attention to leader boards though so I have no idea where I’d be on any of them.

I like the challenge of getting the silent assassin rating, but it can be frustrating to get it. I tried for a while learning to speed run and it is way to OCD for me. You then get obsessed with randomized stuff, like head turning and every little micro change in timing. Not fun enough for me.

I never seem to have lost the thrill of sneaking around and walloping some NPC with a lead pipe and dragging bodies around into hiding before getting caught. To me, the stealth genre needs more entries like Hitman.

1 Like

I certainly agree with that sentiment. It’s probably my favorite game and has been for several years. There is a satisfaction from completing a level perfectly, but that means different things to different people. I’ve seen some videos of speedruns where I honestly can’t even follow what they’re doing as it’s so quick. Random NPCs that wander in where I just wasn’t paying enough attention, challenging myself to only use certain items, etc. all add wonderful nuance to this game and you can replay it over and over and just change up one little thing to make the next one something new.

I liked all three of these featured contracts. They had quite a bit going for them with some surprises. I went all the way back to the little area in the middle of the 1st floor of the club to find a car battery for Helmut Zeigler or whatever his name is and then learned there was one right there by his bike. They were good contracts this month. Hope the next batch is just as good.

Well, the method seems more risky. But hey, it’s a target standing in the public area, so it’s okay to use an emetic grenade or device to get him out of the way. I have tried several times to gun lure him and failed, but then I discovered a more consistent coin throw, so I just used it. It’s also pretty funny that the body pushed to the dancefloor won’t get found.

1 Like

When the objective was electrocution, I brought a remote taser, but it is more creative in your choice in seeking out the car battery. If I need an item or disguise somewhere I search around rather than cheating and checking out Hitman maps. It is usually from having done an escalation map where I remember the location of items.

I have continued to play hitman as a go to video game since 2016. I haven’t done that with any other video game. You are right. The speed runners can often do things that are so fast that I can’t follow them either. On the other end, I forget how challenging hitman was when I was a newbie at it. Most fall off of Hitman because it really requires a lot of patienc and you have to figure things out. I like that Hitman rewards patience and requires you to figure stuff out.

Hey I am sure that is true in reality too. Drugged out overtired dancer collapsing in the moshpit of a Berlin rave all the time, and no one notices until the janitors are steaming off the walls and floors of sweat and crusty puke the morning after.

1 Like
4 Likes

Nice job! I found these contracts to be worthy and fun.:+1:
Berlin is my “least favorite” map. I seem to encounter more glitches and bugs here than any other. I enjoyed working through these contracts however…
My earlier clue stated that I would make my next contract on such an unused map in my gameplay, and now you know the location is Berlin. I find it amusing that a prescient vision chose this location for my Lust contract, some time beforehand Berlin was announced by IOI as the location for that particular Deadly Sin. The stars must be lining up for me, for a change.
I see a lot of my fellow Hitmen in the XBox top ten, some higher, some lower. I congratulate you all!:champagne::boom::champagne:
I spent about 10-15 minutes on each one after I decided my routes on a walk about, making adjustments quickly, and running each one a half dozen or so times. Easy puzzles to enjoy and solve, so my thanks to Shacknews for their contributions to the game.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Interesting batch of contracts :slightly_smiling_face:
Played them yesterday and had fun with them.

2 Likes

One contract - one evening. Thank you, Sheknews. I really liked the catch-up with the drag dealer. :sunglasses: :+1:
CLOSING THE CANDY SHOP

THIRD TIME`S THE CHARM

TWO TURNTABLES & A MICRO-SIZED EXPLOSION

SA’d them all

They’re okay contracts; not good, not bad. The only reason they’re ‘good’ is because they’re not dumb like most Sponsored FCs are

9 Likes

Not real difficult. 3rd time’s the charm - I went in with FW only.
Had NPC Instinct catch me on 2 TT… Which has a subtle ‘How to’ in the contract title.
Closing :candy: pretty straightforward.

All in all, pretty simple stuff here. Nothing too fancy or complicated. :+1:

2 Likes

I didnt even need to do step four

You didn’t need to push Gestur? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Oh three, i misread that

1 Like

The Shacknews contracts just got new thumbnail images.
They previously were all an image of the Berlin key art with 47 overlayed on top. Now they’ve got unique pictures.

4 Likes