February 23 (2021) Patch Notes - HITMAN 3

Yeah, memory fails me. I’m confident they never touched leaderboards for 2.

I’d say it’s been ongoing from before.

Athena Savalas (New York target) comes to mind. It was such a trivial bug with her noticing a distraction while falling through the clock (thereby not dying), but now her character can’t be distracted by anything. That’s not a fix, but removal of AI functionality and pretty inconsistent to say the least.

11 Likes

OK… So does this mean they know people still experiencing missing Trophy unlocks on the PS4? I did all the story missions in Dartmoor (A Death in the Family) before the patch several times without any acknowledgement from the triggering of the trophy. I updated Hitman 3 and rerun Dartmoor. I did all story missions in one play through, without manual saving, on professional mode, and the trophy did not trigger for me. I am still missing the trophy for Full House.

3 Likes

Yes. They’ve only listed the problem as partially fixed. They seem to have fixed the trophies for location mastery, but it looks like a fix for the mission story trophies is still pending.

2 Likes

Throw in that the glitched exit in Berlin has been completely removed along with the Druz being nerfed, and they really should.

1 Like

I don’t have Full House…

The PC leader boards were reset at least twice on Hitman 2016. That’s why I gave up on speed runs. The amount of time and effort I put into it for a top ten finish then it just gets wiped. Nope. Stopped caring right there.

That’s my issue still too. All the mission story related trophies for the H3 maps + the one for the 15 shortcuts.

1 Like

It’ll get fixed don’t worry. Some people get different Complete all Mission Stories trophy bug. For you it’s Full House, for me it’s Icebreaker, for others it’s Rich Harvest, and for all of us…it’s a pain in the ass lol

2 Likes

I appreciate this update so that I know if SA is recoverable by deleting recordings, or if my SA is totally ruined.

Though I’d like to also see the yellow icon for all cases where SA is recoverable. Notably, if I’ve been spotted by the target, I can recover SA by killing him if he doesn’t say anything to anybody else. But I’d like to see the yellow icon if I can regain SA by killing him, and then the red icon if it’s too late and he’s already been able to warn somebody.

Not sure you really need that red icon in case your target spots you and tell somebody. Guess you’ll know it’s too late once everyone is in panic mode and enforcers are shooting at you lol

Most of the time, but sometimes I’ll get spotted, that NPC will ostensibly tell a guard. But then they’ll go “oh, I guess it was nothing” and everything goes back to normal. But the game still scores me as having been spotted.

2 Likes

I hear you. I know that can happen sometimes. I was just teasing :wink:

Gotcha. I can’t get the challenge to pop either (on Xbox) even after trying on stage 1 of the escalation. There goes that theory :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It wasn’t nerfed - the Sniper Assassin ammo wasn’t supposed to be there. The ability to use it was an oversight on IO’s part that unfortunately shipped in the launch version of the game.

They simply restored it to it’s intended state.

5 Likes

No PC draw distance changes is disappointing. Guessing it’s an intended change they’re not looking at for now. It’s a real shame that it was degraded from Hitman 2, which came out 2 years ago. Oh well.

Other changes seem good. Glad the sniper rifle was fixed, speedruns are no fun to watch when they use obviously unintended glitches IMO. I’d wipe the leaderboards too personally.

Although it makes for a couple hilarious starting points:

Stelth!

11 Likes

It’s probably the reward of a future escalation, so it wasn’t supposed to be for now.

I wonder how this got their attention…

Equip: Wrench
We’ve removed the manhole in Berlin as it was causing several issues. There are healthier alternatives to dumping bodies or leaving the mission. They are now your go-to.

Oh wait, I literally saw them react to a speedrunner opening the manhole cover, killing the pizza guy, and still getting SA.

1 Like

I was FINALLY able to get this challenge.Untitled-3

And I did it in style.

20 Likes

Nice. It didn’t work for me either, I’ll try again.

2 Likes