February Roadmap - Initiation Protocol (2021)

Legacy Elusive Targets are back

5 Likes

Oh yeah he even has that necklace, I didn’t remember that since we don’t see him in that outfit in the mission.

2 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes! Great month of content straight off the bat, wasn’t expecting anything for February so a nice surprise.

On another note, how I’ve missed Clements roadmap videos :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Also… The Deceivers? Are they anyone’s favourite? Why them?

3 Likes

Oh boy, sure can’t wait to get those snowy themed unlocks and use them on our only snowy map with unlocks available even though they don’t fit it all that much.

6 Likes

Well I can see that you beat me to it, now I have nothing to comment on.

2 Likes

It’s so good to be back to monthly roadmaps and regular content again :heart_eyes:

I’m curious what’s going on with the two sets of curated featured contracts though… there are barely any contracts in the game so what are they being chosen from? Will there only be 5 each to make up for it? Are they all being made by these curators since there’s not much to choose from? Did IO allow them special objectives?

8 Likes

They still havent mentioned how they’re changing the ET formula though :frowning:

14 Likes

The kinda Funny ones are all made by them so. MiniMax will probably be 50/50 theirs and looking at the contracts thread

X to doubt

3 Likes

Well whaddaya know… More winter-themed unlocks and still no proper winter map to use them in! :joy:

19 Likes

Hope the PS5 audio bug is fixed in the patch!

Maybe they are waiting for Steam release for Hitman 3 ET

So let’s go with Legacy Elusive Targets until 2022

2 Likes

Because they made an effort last time round to group two targets on one mission. Am completely in favour of unlocking ETs permanently to replay for everyone, perhaps after the first time limited run this time, but agree they also can’t run the H2 targets as time limited at the present time unless the steam/epic issue is resolved. The only ET suit I am missing is the Hokkaido one owing to my hastiness getting me shot after killing him.

3 Likes

Hey @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI, I assume info will be coming prior to The Deceivers anyway, but back in August it was mentioned there would be some kind of change to the Elusive Target formula, with details of the change to be announced.

Just in case there are material changes to the formula, please can you make sure these are communicated in good time to the community prior to us all loading up The Deceivers? If there are any changes to the formula that might alter our approach to taking ETs on, it would be good to know them in advance, please. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ta muchly! :grin:

25 Likes

psst elusive target reruns are not a substitute for original content, if you’re not gonna make any new ones just make them all permanent instead of drip feeding us shit we’ve played 3 times before

6 Likes

Hokkaido and Romania!

And obviously the future Snow version of Whittleton Creek :wink:

6 Likes

You’ve always got that tiny outside bit in Hokkaido

Or Sapienza, that place is pretty white :wink:

3 Likes

You can’t use unlocks in Romania though.

3 Likes

The custom Sieger looks great.

Is it taken for granted that people have the old maps? Because there is so much content based on H2016?

2 Likes

Nice that we’re getting two of the remaining 3 Deluxe escalations out of the way. I thought they’d release those monthly, and not the month straight after launch.
(One of the rewards for the Gauchito one is a pen emetic syringe, but isn’t that already in the Hitman 3 mastery rewards? Seems weird to offer another reskin of it for a Hitman 3 escalation)

Looks weird to have not one but two batches of Sponsored™ Featured Contracts. Maybe they’ll be good, but I guess I’m just so used to normal, IOI-chosen community ones.
(Also, uh oh, the Minnmaxx and KindaFunny ones are curated to specific locations. Expect to see a lot of Dubai and Dartmoor then. (And probably for each location for the next few months)

Also, yay! Elusive Targets make their return! And… That’s literally it? No mention of whatever “changes to the system” they teased in the summer? Ummm, IOI, I really hope there’s a plan for them. I don’t want them to fade away into inaccessible content by the time this game’s support ends.

(Otherwise, I like that it’s the Deceivers. I failed that contract really quickly and really stupidly back in Hitman 2, so I missed out on seeing most of that special mixed Legacy content.)

6 Likes