First Impressions and Small Details

Shame. At least they didn’t make it do anything OP like disable Hokkaido doors.

5 Likes

They may be able to employ it in escalations using the brick system but its unlikely as it’d mean major level design disparity.

:laughing: I did exactly the same thing! Mainly tried it because I was expecting some kind of challenge or achievement to pop, maybe called something like “How COULD you?!” or similar!

7 Likes

Can Diana still witness you do crime?

“THAT is a good shot” - Headshot Diana
“Elegant Solution, 47” - Drown Diana in the toilet

6 Likes

I don’t think they will go back to old maps for escalations, but I hope they do! I’m also hoping they have one or two unused that will feel new to us.

But about adding a camera lock door in an ole level… yea they could, it just makes you have to find a correct dongle to use with it. It might have it’s uses in the right scenario.

Honestly, going in to the game without having spoiled myself on anything other than official IOI releases, I really expected that we’d have to kill Diana towards the end of the game, and I’m SOOOOO glad that it didn’t turn out that way. The partnership between Diana and 47 IS the heart of the Hitman games to me, and I was really relieved to see that it wasn’t ended in H3.

That moment at the end of the first playthrough of Mendoza where you meet Diana on the dancefloor in your tux and tango together whilst doing a post-mission de-brief… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Genuinely my favourite moment in any Hitman game ever.

10 Likes

Problem with that would be trying to make it the “same” as the previous levels and not draw the ire of the people who insist there was already a “correct” way of portraying it.

Largely though I think it’s still a great addition because in addition to disrespecting a hard working reporter just trying to do her job, you can use it to zoom in on details without having to bring a scoped weapon etc

2 Likes

I’m thinking escalations is where it could shine. It forces the player to not use a tool s/he has to get around the lock.

This whole camera thing is like police radar and or military radio equipment. First the radar gun is invented (locked door), then the fuzz detector comes along (lockpick), then the cops gets stealthier radar (key card doors), so people yet better detectors (key scrambler), so so on into the end of time (dongle locks).

I knew I didn’t imagine it, but it seems the preview copy of the game actually has more content :thinking:

I can’t find the exact screenshot but Dubai and Dartmoor each had 3 escalations. Currently there’s only one each and they’re Deluxe
Here’s a Dubai one call the Sinbad Somethingarather
And a Dartmoor one called the Baskerville whatever

Guess IO is saving them for slow drip release?

11 Likes

Made a video of that, hilarious. It’s great to see someone finally calling 47 out for the subtle hints about how he’s an assassin. A bit of self-irony, from IO, huh?

20 Likes

Dartmoor target’s name, and especially her retconned new middle name, Alexa Christine Carlisle. That has to be a reference to Agatha Christie, right?

I’m not even near the end and don’t want it spoiled, but @MrOchoa 's giddiness is making me absolutely stoked! Can’t wait to find out what that’s all about :smiley:

9 Likes

Didn’t think of that but it seems likely. I also though her second name was Alice, maybe they changed it to match the murder mystery theme.

1 Like

Love the video, but aw man, you missed the hilarious ending part where Vidal says, “M8, are you fucking insane, ur like 5-vs-1 here, fam?”, and 47’s all, “Yeah, only 5-vs-1, I don’t fancy your odds!”. I laughed so hard at that too!

4 Likes

But I have that there, just before they start shooting. :laughing:

1 Like

Ah, sorry, for some reason the video exited for me before it finished: weird!

1 Like

This has definitely has the potential to be a new “ROCCO, COME DOWN HEEEEEERE”.

But I have an even better contender for that: “AMELIA STYVESANT, OHHH YOURE HERE”. Its the first thing you hear when going left through at Dubai, in the gold bar. I heard it so, so many times by now. :smiley: And I love it.

4 Likes

I only played Dubai and Dartmoor so far
Got SA on my first dartmoor playthrough
Eventhough Dubai has a very lovely design I enjoyed Dartmoor more. The murder case is what made it for me and not to mention the ending cutscene of Dartmoor

I encountered a glitch in Dubai when vaulting over railings. Instead of grabbing onto the ledge 47 would sometimes jump to his death

3 Likes

It says “Have fun the whole summer with Starat!! 2 for the price of one”

20 Likes

Good old Sapienza vibes…:pleading_face:

1 Like