Freelancer - Closed Technical Test

Something I don’t understand, maybe you can tell me… is there a difference in receiving the XP for how I kill the targets? There is no Silent Assassin rating, right? So I will not receive more XP if I will do so?

1 Like

From the little I´ve played so far, it appears that you only get to keep the items that have some kind of rarity (i.e. the Common, Rare, Legendary etc. designation) and actually have a spot in your safehouse inventory. I think Jarl´s saber is not that case, and only certain types of poisons qualify too. As for the Bartoli rifle, that one does have an inventory spot, but remember that the Bartoli rifles in Berlin and Mendoza are actually different from the regular one - they look the same but have 3x zoom and piercing ammo (essentially they´re Lancer reskins) - which is probably why you didn´t get to keep it. Dunno if this is something IO wants to address or not…

Still an inventory item. Just replaces the regular camera in the showdown mission.

Nah, they seem to be just an extra source of cash. The game mentions it in the intel screen when you first encounter them.

It is indeed!

I like this, but am severly disappointed the laser doesn´t work…

And speaking of weapons, they really really should finally give the Fusil X2000 Stealth a proper unique model. Even in the Freelancer inventory, it still has the same one as the G1… @Clemens_IOI Can we expect this to change by January? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

On the economy side of things, I was pretty (unpleasantly) surprised by the fact that there is no basic reward for completing a mission… All the payouts come from the optional objectives, so even if they are optional, they´re essentially required if you wanna make a buck (and not limit yourself to safes and couriers). It makes really no sense to not get paid if you didn´t do a contract in a particular way, so hopefully this will get changed.

9 Likes

Of course you have a base payment for a mission, its ussaly 20-50 merces. Just for complete a mision. Are you people blind? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think that’s “base payment”. It’s the payment assuming the the current optional objectives are completed.

Complete one intentionally failing all of the optionals - you’ll end up with a payment of zero.

14 Likes

One thing I have noticed, I’m using the stethoscope fiber wire a lot. I’m so risk-averse in games that I just don’t want to take anything into a mission that i might lose. I’ll pick up guns in the level, but since most of them are not silenced I don’t use them, just bring them home and put them on the wall where they can be safe forever.

3 Likes

You can complete mission with Silent Assassin rank, but that will only give you more XP for mastery. It won’t affect a reward. But you can add a prestige requiements “Silent Assasin” and when you complete a mission with that requiremement - then you’ll get a bomus 30 cash. I love how it works now - it don’t force me to make all the time Silen Assassin which it’s boring at some point.

6 Likes

This is cool. Currently chilling in my safehouse to the Hokkaido theme lol.

15 Likes

I’m hoping they’ll add some slots to the safehouse for some of the items that are effectively limited to crates in the games current state (mainly those of the Napoleon blownaparte, shaman powder, and other similar items). It just seems kinda arbitrary sometimes about what items do and don’t qualify for storage in the safehouse.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot of missing items in some levels. Keycards, non lethal melee items, things like that. Some are found on people instead.

I think they’re using a tweaked version of the Master Mode levels!

(Sidenote: I’m currently trying to complete a “Baseball Bat- Pacify” challenge. I checked Hitmaps for a Baseball bat location, thankfully Sapienza has 3, but the one I checked (and used up a bunch of rusty crowbars to get to) it’s missing! :grimacing: Hope I’ve got luck with the other two…)

7 Likes

That box thing forward of the trigger guard would be a flash light or a laser IRL (or both), it would be cool if we could get that functionality in game. Maybe even the ability to quick hit a person with the light to temporarily blind them.

1 Like

I agree. Adding that mechanic to Paris and Hokkaido would be boss

1 Like

I’d think there would at least be a drastically reduced payout for taking out a target. If the client wants it public then I can see how much of the purse is attached to that, but surely you need to make something just for getting rid of the person right?

5 Likes

Huh. I didn’t know that Diana was Jewish.

1 Like

Ooh nice we’re technically getting customizable menu themes

1 Like

Next unlock will be some sacred oil and a wet rock.

2 Likes

Exactly. You get asked to get rid of someone, you should get paid for it one way or another. Give it a reduced basic rate which increases every subsequent mission (starting with 5 and adding another 5 per mission, or something like that). That way you have the guaranteed income to operate with, but you still have the incentive to do the optional objectives for the extra reward and go after safes/couriers/stashes because the merces aren´t overabundant.

7 Likes

I played two campaigns yesterday night. Failed the first, passed the second by shredding her in the Sapienza garden shredder. My favourite moment must be when I garrotted the target in the Dartmoor greenhouse.

Maybe I’m just impatient, but I was hoping I would get to see all of the safehouse from the start. I guess there needs to be some incentive to do the missions rather than play Interior Decorator Simulator. I was also hoping for some lore, or at least the targets having names and backstories.

But I like everything else. Freelancer’s off to a good start.

1 Like

Oh yeah, gonna echo what someone else said here, this mode could become addictive. The only caveat is that missions can take a while. 15-20 minutes for me usually, longer for the Leader missions.

I failed the Second Assignment on the final mission, as I killed all the NPCs who were escaping – they were surrounded by bodyguards though and I died.

I then failed the first mission of my new Campaign, chasing a “No Witnesses” bonus. Someone alerted a guard, so I had to kill multiple guards, but I got cornered and shot.

I’m convinced that Freelancer is using Master Mode, given the removal of key items, the speed which NPCs can spot you, and how easily you can get killed.

6 Likes

does the “No Firearms” condition include the dart guns?

1 Like