Freelancer - Closed Technical Test

Wonder what this is?

5 Likes

Thanks! Xbox controller works in Steam!

… I see that there are achievements of 100 target kills just in Hokkaido alone. IOI expects that we are going to log a thousand hours into Freelancer. I almost want to save my Freelancer experience for when it is optimized by the time of its release in January 2023. I can see that I will get addicted to this Rogue-like Hitman so I might as well use a bit of self-control for a few months and just complete all the arcade and feature contracts until then.

Got 25/25 mastery, but it’s collecting all the weapons on the wall what im most interested in for now

8 Likes

Give it up for day 2 of the freelancer closed technical test!

9 Likes

Suddenly got a forced prompt to exit a mission.

How brilliant.

6 Likes

Got this as well a few times, but clicking Continue continues the game, not the exit

4 Likes

Asking for a friend, because I’m not in that situation, but do people who only have Hitman III also get access to Freelancer, and all of its maps, or do you need to own the entire trilogy?

I can’t say for certain, but seeing as how I was given a code (even though I play H3, w/ all locations, in Epic) I’m going to guess that (you) would’ve needed to register interest in the CTT, maybe have Steam, and an IOI account.

I think it was first assumed that you had to have H3 only for Steam… But that must not be the case.

I’m going to guess that it’s probably too late to obtain a code to get the CTT. There are links one could try - such as registering for interest (that sounds so weird :sweat_smile: ) and maybe they’ll be emailed a code. But only if they have Steam. Doesn’t hurt to try. Right?

Edit: Link to register interest… Microsoft Forms

Never mind the “Microsoft Forms” the link works.

Me who is still on lvl 1

2 Likes

Modern art

10 Likes

For a game mode that was originally meant to be released 6+ months ago, even though its still in development and this is a beta, its somewhat surprising how broken Freelancer is. Core things like equipment randomly going missing when going between the safehouse and the location (or vice versa) or items not going to the walls when you drop them in the safehouse. I would’ve thought things like that would’ve been sorted long ago.

3 Likes

I felt the exact same way but then I realized that a whole campaign is actually the length of the actual story campaign. Of course it’s gonna take hours and hours. I just have to recalibrate the way I look at it. This will be a mode to dip in and out of and complete a few missions… not doing a whole campaign in a day.

Surely this will be the most exciting way to play Hitman going forward! It’s so good.

4 Likes

Hm, that’s modded, is it not?

1 Like

Oil millionaire

10 Likes

Trust noone, not even yourself

16 Likes

Really enjoying it so far but I have a couple of suggestions which imo would elevate it:

More items in the safehouse (there’s too many things you can’t bring back to the safehouse including literal crate items)
We should be able to stack up duplicates instead of having only one of each. As it stands, some items are infinitely better than others because they can be retrieved and resused infinitely, like the oil can.
A way of sending items to the safehouse during a level, perhaps by paying a small mercers fee.

And, most importantly, i think some sort of soft item randomizer in the levels would greatly enhance the roguelike aspect of this mode

10 Likes

I killed one target without dying. Proud of that.

3 Likes

I finally managed to unlock the upstairs. This house is absolutely gorgeous. Even unfurnished.

Also Banana.

14 Likes

I’d say it’s way too big for a single person to be living in it all by themselves. Lei Ling should pop over for a visit every now and then :no_mouth:

Also, 47 is an absolute peasant if he sticks to regular toilets. The final release better oughta include the option to upgrade them to the smart Japanese ones :unamused:

8 Likes

It is only a one bedroom and two bathrooms. The rooms themselves are HUGE, but all in all seems appropriate for a single man with more money than he can ever spend in a lifetime and zero interest in excess stuff.

I honestly cannot wait to fully customize it. All classy and clean lines. The place ticks all my design preference boxes. :kissing_closed_eyes:

10 Likes